Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Can anyone help shed light on my experiences?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Myles

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2016 :  03:38:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone, I'm Myles, 29, new to the forum. What a blessing to have this website, deepest gratitude to Yogani and all involved :)

I've been on the "path" for about ten years now, practicing meditation since I was around 18. About five years ago, when practicing kundalini yoga, I started to feel a pulsing at the base of my spine one night in my car after class . This, along with feeling heat in my hands, continued on intermittently for years with nothing else, until about three years ago I had an experience of what I call a full body energy rush.

The first time it happened, I was meditating before bed and felt this brief vibration in my head, and then the sensation of energy overtaking my body, with my heart beating like crazy. It probably lasted around 30 seconds. I guess I could compare it to an orgasm but within the body, except I didn't feel intense bliss or anything, just kind of expensive energy overtaking me. Also, I didn't feel the energy moving up the spine, just generally in my body.

This has happened to me about seven times over the last few years, which brings me to the current moment. In all of these experiences, I haven't felt any major changes as far as my day to day being, so I'm just trying to figure out what exactly is going on. I've researched quite a bit about kundalini over the years, but haven't really come across many people talking about this exact experience.

Anyway, if anyone could offer any insight as to what they think is going on, or if they've had any similar experiences, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Edited by - Myles on Jan 30 2016 06:43:40 AM

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2016 :  07:16:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Myles welcome to these AYP forums!

Sounds as if good things are happening! This sounds as your kundalini awakening or ecstasy. Everyone is different and as you have already 10 years of practice, it can be a smooth and very pleasurable experience.

My own experience says energy or ecstasy can be felt everywhere in the body, not only in the spine. Energy rushes, pleasurable warmth,or cold, vibrations, tingling, fast heartbeat etc. Kundalini is the strong version of prana (resting at the base of the spine) and it will awaken if time is ready. It helps you with the purification and opening of the nervous system.
AYP is an open source system with detailed lessons, where you can find all information you are looking for. And of course you can ask questions here on the forums.

AYP plus is complete and really worth the small amount of money, if you are looking for a complete system of practice.

Lesson 69 Kundalini Assistance explaines all about kundalini, Yogani has the right words to explain this.

Self-pace will be important on your journey, but if you listen to your inner guru it will be a pleasant journey.

Are you really not noticing that your daily life becomes more peaceful?

Like Yogai says, this journey is a marathon and not an overnight happening,

wishing you a steady practice and smooth journey.

Keep in touch

Edit: I see the link is not working, the lesson is on the left in the menu under Key Lessons.

Moderator note: Link fixed

Edited by - Charliedog on Jan 30 2016 08:35:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2016 :  3:36:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Myles,

As long as you are not uncomfortable or in fear, I wouldnt be too worried about it. You are obviously purifying your nadis and freeing prana flow within your system. I would be cautious about doing too much yoga practice in a short period of time; in the AYP system this is known as self pacing and allows your system to adjust to these openings.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000