New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2016 :  08:58:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Wow, Sunyata, it's so nice to meet somebody else who is familiar with Swami Kriyananda! The only other folks I know who are aware of him were in SRF. Yeah, I love his songs. The other thing I really love about him is that he brought kriya yoga to the Franciscan monks and nuns in Assisi, Italy. Upon googling him today - was trying to confirm, as I recall his middle name was "Francis" - I learned he went Home in 2013. I am so very grateful to have had the opportunity to spend time with him and learn from him.

Hi Radharani,

Yes, he did leave his body and went home. I know he had his trials but he flowered into such a divine being. Every time he joins his hands to say "om namo bhagavate vasudevaya"- I can't help but bow down to the light coming through him. It always brings me to tears and fills my heart.

Edited by - sunyata on Feb 08 2016 08:59:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2016 :  5:17:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

quote:
Wow, Sunyata, it's so nice to meet somebody else who is familiar with Swami Kriyananda! The only other folks I know who are aware of him were in SRF. Yeah, I love his songs. The other thing I really love about him is that he brought kriya yoga to the Franciscan monks and nuns in Assisi, Italy. Upon googling him today - was trying to confirm, as I recall his middle name was "Francis" - I learned he went Home in 2013. I am so very grateful to have had the opportunity to spend time with him and learn from him.

Hi Radharani,

Yes, he did leave his body and went home. I know he had his trials but he flowered into such a divine being. Every time he joins his hands to say "om namo bhagavate vasudevaya"- I can't help but bow down to the light coming through him. It always brings me to tears and fills my heart.

He literally glowed with divine Love. and he was so simple, humble, gentle and down-to-earth.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2016 :  5:22:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

@Radharani
Since you seemed to have followed the story - may I ask, was he found guilty?

It was a civil suit, not criminal, and I can't quite remember the outcome. I will look it up at some point and get back to you. The part that really stands out in my mind is that the women, by their OWN ADMISSION in court, were not only "willing" participants, they actually jumped on him.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2016 :  5:24:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by So-Hi

quote:
Well, as it turns out, many years later I learned that at the same time when I was staying at the ashram, some other bold young yoginis were breaking into Swami's house at night, jumping into his bed and basically having their way with him! Bad yoginis!

quote:
I guess I really missed the boat on that one.

quote:
Maybe that's why Yogani doesn't come out of the closet...

Ladies, Ladies.... you are cracking me up this morning LMFAO Thanks

Poor Swamiji puhhhhleassse he was having a blast!!

Can't say I blaim him either! Rock on Swami K Rock on!

yeah, I was being sarcastic when I said "poor Swamiji!" However, it did come back to bite him in the butt years later when they tried to sue him which, again, makes no sense to me... Glad I could give you a laugh!
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  08:53:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
yeah, I was being sarcastic when I said "poor Swamiji!" However, it did come back to bite him in the butt years later when they tried to sue him which, again, makes no sense to me... Glad I could give you a laugh!

Oh yes the laugh was good and the sarcastic way you said it made it all the better.

Too often this character Swami K is always lambasted and the conversation always goes negative or sounds like a cult person defending him so the laugh was welcome indeed.

You know all the utter B.S. that went on around his behavior alleged and factual really boils down to one thing every participant without exception was a willing consenting adult.

PERIOD.

All too often people try to remove the human being from the spiritual and fail to realize even the bits society and silly conventions have put out there as objectionable are still spiritual.

Yeah I know the whole bit a Swami is supposed to be celibate etc... and so on, yeah whatever just more stupidity.

Weigh and balance the life of a public figure by the good he did and I am certain the harm real or imagined will be negligible by comparison.

Personally I always thought the guy was a bit creepy and never felt any attraction to him as a teacher but still willing to just go by the facts as I have seen them, which admittedly are very few.
Go to Top of Page

Chaz

USA
129 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  5:59:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing your story Radharani. I'm very glad to hear from you.

On the topic of Kriyananda, I too know a bit about the guy and am familiar with some of his work. The whole sex scandal thing was quite ironic. I definitely felt a sense of genuineness from him. I remember watching a lecture he was giving to a large audience in Los Angeles, and at one point he was talking about the bliss that came from kriya, something to the effect of "I feel so much bliss sometimes I can't stand it." As he said this I noticed him choke up, like this bliss was so intense in that moment he was brought to tears. Very interesting guy. I'm fascinated that he was a direct disciple of Yogananda. Must of been quite an experience.

Much love
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000