AYPsite.org Forum
 Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 Insults
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2015 :  2:47:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste friends

I would like to share this precious lesson with you. I've been following it through with family, friends, strangers and the results are astonishing. Of course with reasoning. Some things either need a stand or u simply wisen up and walk away.

The lesson is the following: it came to me as a sufi ward(insight)

I was with friends old and new and some of them (the new ones) were using a lot of insults in addressing each others.. I am not a big fan myself with this kind of rethoric and always felt sensitive to it. I was sitting and looking at them.. Then a voice came and told me to see every insult as an act of God himself in order to strike down and straighten my impurities...

I started acting on it.. Slowly but surely i became more aware and it became a habit and the results were beautiful.. Even hard figures which i couldn't manage to sit for 10 minutes with.. Now i enjoy their presence. All is god. Nothing exists but him may god make us always aware of his presence

Namaste

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2015 :  5:50:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2015 :  7:27:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful!

I struggled with name calling for a few years. I stopped calling anyone a derogatory name, but it made me take a "high horse" position, and I judged and corrected people. I let it go recently. I'm back to calling my friends and siblings bad words in a joking manner. I'm also listening and enjoying rap music, which contains a lot of the forbidden words. I'm, personal, sick of being offended. Ananda, you're experience sounds like the real deal instead of some ideal you should follow ( my experience).
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2016 :  09:17:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
he who sees that all actions are done only by prakriti and that the self is actionless -verily,he alone sees

krishna to arjuna

Edited by - kumar ul islam on Jan 11 2016 09:40:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2016 :  07:31:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank Allah
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  08:42:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sticks and Stones may break the bones....... I'm still an S.O.B. Sometimes you will find the most interesting people in the surliest curmudgeon.

Can learn allot from them. There is a reason they act like they do and do not be surprised if it is purely for their own entertainment.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2016 :  06:31:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Funnily.. I can't remember now when was the last time i heard an insult and have reacted to it... This must've worked... I guess i would end up being tested today and react wrongly Funnily whenever I become aware of a certain good trait sometimes... I end up acting against it... Salam

Edited by - Ananda on Jun 17 2016 07:40:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2016 :  10:01:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Insults thrown around, if expressed in a vitriolic manner rather than jokingly, even if not meant for me do affect me - it's like being stabbed. It hurts. It's within me even if it does not involve me.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2016 :  12:26:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000