Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Going Over the Edge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dennis

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2015 :  11:34:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've been practicing solo tantra for about 7 months and find it easy to do. Lately I've found that I can go over the edge and have the feeling of an orgasm but before any contractions occur, I use my PC muscles to stop them.

So since there are no contractions, I assume no semen will be lost.

There is some clear liquid, not semen, and there's no semen in the urine afterwards.

I ask this because you are supposed to stay pre-orgasmic. But is the same as preventing ejaculation?

Going over the edge like this is having my cake an eating it, too. It's not as satisfying as a normal orgasm but it's good enough and has become the "ending" of a solo practice. I still practice for quite a while but when it's time to finish, I will do this.

kriyaboy

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  10:17:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am curious what the feeling you are having is like. Can you describe it in any more detail? Why does it feel like going over the edge?

In Mantak Chia's books, he describes orgasms without ejaculation as ones where there are contractions but not ejaculation, but that does not seem to be what you are experiencing.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2015 :  11:20:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kriyaboy,

It took a few months to get to this point and a bit of PC muscle exercise is important. The easiest PC exercise is to stop and start the flow of urine when peeing.

The feeling is pretty much like when having a normal orgasm but I immediately use my PC muscles (and I move back in my chair which helps) to stop contractions before they begin. Taking a deep belly breath also stops contractions. So as I get closer to orgasm, instead of stopping I continue then stop the contractions. Of course there would be more pleasure if I let the contractions continue but this way feels very satisfying. The more I do it, the easier it becomes. Perhaps it will lead to a more complete orgasm without any semen release. I'm still new at this.

In addition, lately I use mulabandha and short inhale breaths and with each breath I can get a large amount of energy to rise in my body. Feels very good and I think it's helping my SBP. I'm able to get energy going that way but not as intense as with solo tantra.

I've heard of Mantak Chia but want to not mix it with AYP, which is complete in itself. In addition, I'm not that interested in the sexual side of orgasm at this point but of the energy it generates. I could be ok without "going over the edge" and have done so many times but, why not go over if it doesn't cause problems. I am assuming that Yogani's request of remaining pre-orgasmic means pre-ejaculation. The idea is to preserve semen.

I'll be happy to answer any more questions if you have them.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2015 :  06:24:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
In addition, lately I use mulabandha and short inhale breaths and with each breath I can get a large amount of energy to rise in my body. Feels very good and I think it's helping my SBP. I'm able to get energy going that way but not as intense as with solo tantra.

That you are feeling sensation up the spine is a fruit of your AYP practices, an indication your sexual essences are aiding your progress. There may be some loss by 'orgasm', but certainly nowhere near what was wasted before your AYP practice, and you can be assured mulahbanda and uddiyana Banda are now more effective in your everyday yoga practice.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2015 :  02:59:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Dogboy. I don't think there's a loss by orgasm since no semen is expelled. That's what counts, isn't it? Not any feelings you might have but preserving the semen?
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2015 :  07:27:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Loss" is an ambiguous and relative term; in this instance I would not worry about it. Your practices are sound enough and you are heading in the right direction (upwards!)
Go to Top of Page

kriyaboy

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2015 :  12:57:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I'll be happy to answer any more questions if you have them.

Do you feel energy up the spine as part of the "almost normal orgasm."

I have never had much success contracting the PC muscles. Some report instead using total muscular relaxation. That has never really worked for me either.

What I find is that there is one initial contraction that typically occurs just before the "point of no return" that is usually accompanied by energy up the spine. Stopping all stimulation at the point usually works, but when allowed to go any further neither the muscle contractions, total relaxation nor the applying pressure at the perineum work. It seems to be such a delicate balance.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2015 :  01:21:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't feel the energy going up my spine as with SBP. I just feel a lot of energy radiating upwards throughout my body. It's getting easier to create this energy, sometimes I can feel it when not that close to orgasm. The energy I feel is when climbing to the orgasm. But when going over the edge, there's only a little additional energy felt.

As for the PC muscles, it's simple. When urinating, stop the flow completely and hold it for a few seconds. Do that multiple times, like 10 or so each time and you'll see improvement.

What I've found effective is getting close to orgasm, the backing off, then very quickly stroking as if to get to orgasm but stopping short of it. As I'm doing this I use a 'heavy' mulabandha (tighten the anal muscles a lot) and at the same time take a quick short breath, not slow as with SBP. This works for me, you have to figure out your own way. I'm getting the feeling that with energy work, you kind of get the hang of it and are able to tell your body to generate the energy. But you have to experiment to feel your way through it.

In terms of relaxation, yes, sometimes when very close, relaxing with deep belly breathing may help but not as effective as using the PC muscles.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000