New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2015 :  08:04:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Story Tom and you handled it very well.

I just saw this line.

quote:
Within AYP terms.. Would it be okay to do Samyama on someone without their permission?

Yes, it's okay to release in Samyama. However, I'm not sure if one can "do Samyama on someone".

I think surrender and acceptance are the doorway to freedom. When one is doing something to someone, we are still entangled in this so called illusion but at a spiritual level.

Charliedog -
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2015 :  08:37:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Holy

Hi Jonesboy,

if it comes from your heart, just send the good vibe. If you must think very hard about it, just relax. Your heart will tell if it is good or not.

Other than that, why the worry, share your peace, joy and love.

Peace and happy sharing :)

Hi Holy,

What a great answer. #128522;

I am not personally worried about it. I just wanted to have a fun discussion is all.

We are always talking about energy and I wanted this to be fun. The first post was asking people what they would do. What they think is right.

I never claimed I had such an ability.

Much love,

Tom
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2015 :  10:59:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

Interesting topic Tom!

quote:
The topic of discussion of the thread was about the morality of sending energy to help others.

You are sending it already with your thoughts and judgement of others. People can feel the energy in a persons post for instance.

If it was felt in a negative manner it would be a shared obstruction. In order to integrate I need to work on myself and my emotional body.

Judgements of the person making me feel the energy is just my attachments. It shows me where I need to work on myself

After reading your and the other posts, I have the feeling that you came in this quote to your conclusion.

My opinion for what it is worth, as long there is an I who is doing the action, there is the feeling inside that something has to be changed, most of the time because it reminds us to our own personal issues. Nothing wrong with good intentions and samyama, it helps to open our own heart, become more and more aware of love for everyone around.

Stilness has no personal issues, stillness in action is, sends out love energy in stillness.....which will be picked up by everyone around. It is not an action, it happens.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this.

Charliedog thank you very much for you response.

How can one have stillness in action?

You know you can't right?

You either have void or form. The ultimate truth is void=form but that is pretty deep and way beyond what we are talking about here.

If you are letting something go into stillness you are letting it go.

If you are letting something go with the intent of moving stillness then you are not working with stillness. You are working with form, with energy.

My point has been just like in samsara. There is no referee saying this is to bad, here let me adjust it and make it full of joy.

Energy just is. If you are sending it in any way it is influenced by your intent. Now the closer we come to realizing we are the light the less junk we will send along with it.

We have a samyama list here at AYP. What is the purpose of the list? It is to help those people. That is the intent of the thread correct?

Why do we have their names in the list? Because we want to direct the energy towards that person.

If I want to direct energy to everyone I would include everyone.. If I want it directed at a person I think of that person.

I don't think oh they need this or that or they need to change this about them. I just send energy.. usually there name and let the light do the rest.

The difference is I am taking responsibility for the intent of sending the energy. What many here are saying is they are not responsible for what happens after they let it go.

Trying to say that stillness is self regulating is one of the most dangerous things in all of spirituality that I have ever heard to be honest.

Now back to the topic in hand...

I went to my daughters 7th grade choir concert and there was a young girl doing her first solo and she was scared to death.

The thought came to me about sending "confidence or love or calm" to this young girl. It made me wonder what others would think in this situation.

So your response is the desire to help this young girl shows that I have issues that I need to work on?
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2015 :  11:07:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Nice Story Tom and you handled it very well.

I just saw this line.

quote:
Within AYP terms.. Would it be okay to do Samyama on someone without their permission?

Yes, it's okay to release in Samyama. However, I'm not sure if one can "do Samyama on someone".

I think surrender and acceptance are the doorway to freedom. When one is doing something to someone, we are still entangled in this so called illusion but at a spiritual level.

Charliedog -

Much love Sunyata,

Thank you very much for you kind and open answer.

Do you believe that any type of spiritual help shows that we are entangled?

If you were walking down the street with a basket overflowing with bread and on your way home you passed a man on the street starving.

Would it be bad to offer him a loaf of bread?

Or would it be showing the issues that I have and I just need to keep on walking past him and work on my own issue of wanting to help him?
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2015 :  11:49:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
do you want others to tell you what is right?
Or do you wish to fix life into a formula?
Or are you afraid of something?
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2015 :  11:57:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mykal K,

Where do you get this from?

All I have wanted was people to ask themselves this question.

quote:
I went to my daughters 7th grade choir concert and there was a young girl doing her first solo and she was scared to death.

The thought came to me about sending "confidence or love or calm" to this young girl. It made me wonder what others would think in this situation.

Now if you are going to tell me that something is Morally Self Regulating.. You better be able to back it up. That is a HUGE statement. It is the only statement of it's kind I have ever found in any book or tradition.

So if your fall back position is that then be ready to talk about it is all because it is such a unique position.

Would you not expect the same thing of me if I was saying something like that?

Beyond that it was a question of what people would do or not do to help that little girl.

The answer seems to be to attack the person asking it.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2015 :  11:58:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tom,
I am not pretending to know it all, just have my own experience... you can not have stillness in action. You can only be that, and then it isn't you anymore, it is you but not doing something because it has to change. It is a deep knowledge that it is the way it is and that all happens, if you would like it or not, a deep surrendering to the source, God, all, That.

quote:
My point has been just like in samsara. There is no referee saying this is to bad, here let me adjust it and make it full of joy.

Why not just let it the way it is, why bad or joy.....
This is the whole point, it is the way it is, it is the person who is labeling it.

In my opinion, samyama is letting go in stillness the words, they represent a feeling, but I am not thinking the meaning of them. I have my own way to end my practice, call it a universal prayer, a mantra, I will not reveal that. And when someone is in need I imagine him or her smiling.....

quote:

Why thinking about sending ? Just spread it, that is good intention.

Why wonder what others would think?
The "thinking about sending" and the "why wonder what others would think" is the issue inside. Don't see it as an issue but ask yourself why?

Thanks for the questions, it helps me to get it clear.
I hope you enjoyed the choir concert.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2015 :  12:26:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Charliedog,

Thank you very much for that awesome response!

quote:
Why not just let it the way it is, why bad or joy.....
This is the whole point, it is the way it is, it is the person who is labeling it.

Yes, yes, labeling the grasping at good or bad shows attachments. You are right it is about letting go.

quote:
In my opinion, samyama is letting go in stillness the words, they represent a feeling, but I am not thinking the meaning of them. I have my own way to end my practice, call it a universal prayer, a mantra, I will not reveal that. And when someone is in need I imagine him or her smiling.....

So then you are saying you send energy to others without their permission and you think it is okay to do so when you feel they are in need.

I have said I do the same thing

quote:
Why thinking about sending ? Just spread it, that is good intention

What is the difference? Are you not directing energy in one way or another?

quote:
Why wonder what others would think?
The "thinking about sending" and the "why wonder what others would think" is the issue inside. Don't see it as an issue but ask yourself why?

I am really not worried about what others think. I am very happy with how I work with others or how I help others.

The question really is a reflection of how open ones heart is.

You will noticed I didn't bring in teacher/guru student examples. I wanted to know if someone would help a random stranger...

Interesting answers so far

Edited by - jonesboy on Oct 15 2015 12:29:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2015 :  12:55:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tom,

I know you mean well. Of course I would give many loaves of breads if I was overflowing. That's the right action.

I would also release/do release pray for who I think may be suffering or having difficulty and then surrender to what happens.
Stillness in action happens- by being the vessel through which the divine can function in this world. However we as an "ego" even though we mean well may not be wise to send/direct the energy.

We can be the beacons of light to all around us. But if I let the ego think I'm the light and send that light, not sure how that would turn out. Yes, we are the light but if the ego grasps it, it takes to a different level.

I may be totally wrong but I'm coming from what has been granted to me in this path up to now.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2015 :  1:04:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Now that is an open and honest answer

Thank you very much for you response.

I agree that the ego or what we think someone needs is no small thing. Is something to be very watchful of.

Just like the giving of the loaf of bread to the starving man. We are giving him the bread. We are not trying to change him. We should not be upset if he throws the bread away.

It was that act of giving which was important. The opening of the heart for another person.

Thank you Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2015 :  1:19:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful, Tom . Nice to meet each other at this point.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2015 :  3:03:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tom,
The only thing I know is that the perception to life changed. There is no judgement and I see the seed of love in everyone and everything. Just wishing everyone the best. If that is sending then so it is.

Love, Radiance, Wisdom.

Thank you Tom
Sunyata

All
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2015 :  3:13:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Each action and situation has it's own feeling.
My beacon - I try to act from peace, cause then I'm automatically in peace. B-)

I asked you what's the point of this discussion, cause I failed to grasp it.
That is all. Didn't see your response to Holy.
Wanted to help with a bit of self enquiry.

Have fun with your discussion.
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2015 :  7:04:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jonesboy

Previous post was deleted and the approach revised. Regarding this subject, an incident from long ago was controling personal behavior. That will be adjusted to remaining in the present experience, rather than resorting to an interpretation derived from a long past incident.

Greater freedom is felt. Presence is abiding and every situation is new. Previous code of ethics no longer stands, as it arose from fear and clinging to the past. For decades, generally permission was asked before praying for people. That is no longer appropriate. It can't be ascertained in advance what is appropriate.

Thank you for the discussion.

love
parvati

edit/ deletion

Edited by - parvati9 on Nov 28 2015 9:38:22 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000