Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 TM works for me
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Theotokos

Germany
5 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2015 :  12:44:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I read on this page and forum since two years.
I want to share my experience with AYP and ask if someone has similar feelings or can explain it to me.

So, I did the Transcendental meditation course and the first mantra enchancement five years ago, because I got it for free.
It took half a year to work, until I understood what meditation means, and it is amazing, but still I was unsteady.
When I read the Ayp lectures two years ago, I was drawn to add SBP to the daily practise and switch to the AYAM mantra.

But it never worked for me. I never felt that I was very deep with the AYAM mantra. My TM mantra is almost similar, so I dont understand why it doesnt work for me. Three times I tried to switch to AYAM mantra for some weeks, it was always the same.

What would you recommend to me? I dont know if the Ayam Mantra is better for me in the long run. I just have my experience.

Thanks in advance.

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2015 :  3:29:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Theotokos,

So if I am understanding correctly. You have used the TM mantra for 5 years and you are wondering why after switching to a different mantra it doesn't feel right even after a couple of weeks of use?

Now I understand about ones practice and having something feel right. In truth the mantra should not have any affect on your silence.

True silence starts right from the beginning. As soon as you close your eye's you are gone.

What is holding you back is you thinking it is not the same. It won't take me as deep as my other mantra. Let the thoughts go that are holding you back during your sits.

If after all that being said. You tried everything and you just don't like the AYP mantras or the solar centering options. Use the TM mantra with the rest of the AYP techniques.

Know your experience may be different because you are using a different method for meditation. You should be fine though :)

Have you tried any other techniques like samayama?
Go to Top of Page

MrCuddly

USA
43 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2015 :  02:20:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Theo -'I've had exactly the same reaction to the I Am mantra. I don't know why I get some sense of,irritation with it but as with you I don't feel I go as deep as easily as with a number of other mantras I've used in TM with prior practice.

It's not that the problem is just adjusting to a new mantra sincenI often experiment with new mantras. As Yogani states every mantra has a unique effect. This one just happens to rub us the wrong way. However Yogani seems very adamant about its power and recommends sticking with it. Since this is the path I'm following at least for now, that's what I'll do. But i don't intend to be dogmatic about it. I will change if this continues to irritate after a good concerted effort.

Today already I had somewhat better results with it however.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2015 :  06:46:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You guys are reading a lot into the states you experience during meditation. They are in no way a criteria of meditation effectiveness or success. How you feel in daily life afterwards is the test. Sometimes you go deep, sometimes it stays shallow. It can be boring, irritating, or it can be peaceful, or ecstatic. These are all normal experiences during meditation.

How many syllables did your enhance TM mantra have Theotokos?
I'm asking because I can relate to experiencing a mantra as too short. It happened to me not long after starting AYP (like you, I had done meditation before). That was a very specific feeling, not so much 'not going' deep' (although I can look at it that way), it was more like experiencing the mantra as being way too small, so small it was getting lost in inner space. As soon as tried an enhanced AYP mantra the problem was instantly solved.

Best of luck with your practice. I hope the switch to AYP it will work for you, because there is so much AYP can offer.
Go to Top of Page

Theotokos

Germany
5 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2015 :  04:01:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your answers.
In the last three weeks my experience changed totally. When I switched to the AYAM mantra before, it felt ''clunky'' and I wanted my meditation to work for me, ant was not allowing it to settle in. So I went back to my TM Mantra after a few days always. As Yogani describes, every sound resonates in another place in the system, and as AYAM resonates in the spinal nerve from root to brow, it goes parallel to our Pranayama.
A few weeks ago I gave it longer try. For me it was similar to BlueRaincloud, when I took the enchancement that I already used in TM, it was much less clunky, and needed just a few days to feel totally natural.
In the long run, it will be beneficial to switch to the AYP mantra, at least when we add SBP to the daily practise.

Namaste

Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2015 :  9:11:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A few years ago I re-started Transcendental, then soon discovered AYP and DM. After a little while I decided to change to the DM mantra. The only way I could think of to manage the change and still be meditating was to treat the Transcendental mantra as a "thought." Whenever I noticed I was on the Transcendental mantra rather than the DM, I would change gently to the DM mantra. Now after about two years I still "hear" the old mantra from time to time, but I just change it and move on. I find it hard to imagine forcing anything while in meditation.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000