Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Binaural Beats
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kart12345

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2015 :  6:33:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I just wanted to know these beats are safe....???Listening to binaural beats caused my kundalini awakened. Believe it or not I listened to them, a 15 min track and i felt a snake crawling up my spine. The magic of binaural beats is that it creates the same amount of effect as if u try yoga, meditation, semen retention.... but in a very less time and without any danger.

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2015 :  9:50:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The Monroe Institute has done a lot of research into such stuff. You might want to read up on that. Daily meditation is the safest way though.
Go to Top of Page

alecpeace

USA
95 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2015 :  9:52:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kart,

I tried asking on the forum a while back as to what brainwave frequency is generated by doing DM for 20 min. I don't recall anybody knowing for sure, but my guess is you go into some level of Theta. The only way to know for sure would be to do an EEG test for someone doing DM.

Why is this important? because you do not want to listen to Binural beats that produce a Delta or Alpha for example, if DM "naturally" promotes Theta. You'd be inhibiting your meditation session, and who knows what else. But again, we simply do not know what brainwave DM produces.

Having said that, I think you should not listen to binural beats for ANY meditation, except for maybe just simple breath awareness meditation for stress relief. The simple reasoning is that meditations, especially powerful and dynamic ones like AYP will put you into a certain different brainwave each time. There can be a million different flavors of Theta, and binural beats simply create a generic and static Theta. If doing DM, your brain wants to settle at one level of Theta and your binural beats are forcing your brain into another level of Theta that will create tension and I imagine you'd get a headache or feel fuzzy afterwards, or some other complications.

As to whether binural beats create the same effect as Yoga, I believe that is simply not true. Binural beats force your brain into a specific, static and mechanically induced brain wave, thats all they do. AYP is a dynamic, constantly changing process that involves your entire being at all levels.

I use binural beats sometimes for relaxation on long flights for example, but really a breathing technique such as 4-7-8 would be just as effective, so really I can't find a real, practical and unique reason why anyone would want to use binural beats, but thats just my opinion.

I hope others will chime in so you get a rainbow of opinions.

Edited by - alecpeace on Sep 07 2015 10:08:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

kart12345

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  6:01:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alec,No i dont get any negative symptoms when i listen to it. I have been practcing to awaken kundalini for last few weeks, so, i retained my semen for many long periods and did meditation.. when i was doing these I used to have a very little sensation of kundalini but not effective. but the very second time of listening to binaural beats make the serpent crawl up my spine and i last for a 30 seconds or so.

Edited by - kart12345 on Sep 08 2015 6:42:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2015 :  02:55:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Kart,

And now you want to know if you stop, will kundalini be go back to being dormant and you can go on your merry way as previously. (your other thread)
Once awaken kundalini rarely goes back to sleep. Sure, it can happen but from all reports it will rear its head now and again. And that is not a bad thing at all! It is an excellent thing. You mentioned the great improvement in yourself. You are experiencing fear and that is quite natural. Kundalini awakenings without a steady practice of meditation can be a very bumpy ride. You don't want that. I would recommend you keep up your meditation practices. Cut back on the kundalini exciter practice if you are feeling overwhelm - but keep the meditation.

As to the difference between binural beats and AYP Deep meditation. Alec explained the effects of the beats in his response above. What I would add is that deep meditation is not about achieving some state (as the binural beats are). It is ultimately about anchoring you to the present moment - at first during your session and later, throughout the day. It is about a reaching a balance between ecstatic conductivity (effect of active kundalini) and stillness (cultivated with deep meditation) which results in an outpour of divine love /compassion and moves as stillness in action in your daily life.

Now that you have started. Don't stop with binurals - go for the ultimate! . Nothing compares to it.

Good luck!

Sey
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2015 :  09:08:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
To attempt to awaken Kundalini on purpose is a curious idea.

To attempt to do so by use of an outside influence is equally curious.

Many have done so by the use of drugs and now we have electronics.

Hmm how curious.

It all seems to me a bit like the movies I have seen where a person is driving the streets late at night picking up a prostitute.

Much easier than developing a loving relationship and the person who has no idea what a loving relationship is after all is getting to the good stuff right away a few dollars and some company right? Instant gratification.

You know in these movies these things always turn out to be allot more than the person bargained for. Of course they had no idea what would follow until the complications set in, then they wish they had not.

A word to the wise. Seek not the Divine Mother as one would a prostitute in the street.

Kali is not to be trifled with.
Go to Top of Page

kart12345

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2015 :  2:49:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bad comparison... But you have a very good expression..
quote:
Originally posted by So-Hi

To attempt to awaken Kundalini on purpose is a curious idea.

To attempt to do so by use of an outside influence is equally curious.

Many have done so by the use of drugs and now we have electronics.

Hmm how curious.

It all seems to me a bit like the movies I have seen where a person is driving the streets late at night picking up a prostitute.

Much easier than developing a loving relationship and the person who has no idea what a loving relationship is after all is getting to the good stuff right away a few dollars and some company right? Instant gratification.

You know in these movies these things always turn out to be allot more than the person bargained for. Of course they had no idea what would follow until the complications set in, then they wish they had not.

A word to the wise. Seek not the Divine Mother as one would a prostitute in the street.

Kali is not to be trifled with.

Go to Top of Page

kart12345

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2015 :  11:09:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello my dear friends, Due to listening to binaural beats in loud volume for a long time repeatedly it made me deaf for 2 weeks in the left ear. luckily I am al right now and I got back my hearing ability naturally. This is just an info about my situation I felt like it is good to share the news. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  2:21:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey you can't be faulted for trying kart12345.

I've never heard of anyone like Yogani who nurtures everyone towards finding spiritual practices that work for them. Then he offers detailed instructions on practicing some of the best yoga techniques that work for most people.

Onward and upward kart12345.
Go to Top of Page

alecpeace

USA
95 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  9:14:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just don't use binural beats.
Go to Top of Page

kart12345

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2015 :  9:51:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Billin, I now completely quit listening to them. and I now started to being celibate like "sex" not even in thoughts. I am doing Surya namskar daily. and can i know how to consult Yogani? Thank you.
quote:
Originally posted by BillinL.A.

Hey you can't be faulted for trying kart12345.

I've never heard of anyone like Yogani who nurtures everyone towards finding spiritual practices that work for them. Then he offers detailed instructions on practicing some of the best yoga techniques that work for most people.

Onward and upward kart12345.

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  01:58:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Kart,
I like your spirit. Give everything a go. I am rather like that myself. If spiritual growth is what you are seeking, celibacy is going in the opposite direction. As a stand- alone practice, it will simply lead to sex suppression and frustration; what you want is transcendence. Celibacy should be a natural act, not mind over matter. Tantra is about moving into the sexual act fully and through that transcend to natural celibacy. May I suggest you take up a meditation practice, if you have not done so yet? Start with the key lessons here on AYP site.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  3:33:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kart12345 super advice from SeySorciere and the Lessons start here:

http://www.aypsite.org/10.html
Go to Top of Page

kart12345

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  5:54:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi dear friends, Thank you very much for your concern.(I stopped praying to God at my 18 and i am now 26. I dont know whether it counts.) Kundalini definitely brought me a positive initiation and change in me. what every time I do is following an Iconic guru and try to be that. I like swami Vivekanandha from my childhood. Now I am practising celibacy(Though I was a sex maniac in the past) as he said we can cultivate ojas through celibacy. I just want to give it a try and see the difference. by now its been 13 days since I stimulate myself sexually and its showing some results that energy pulsating in heart and throat and third eye(before that it used to be in the lower chakras). May I know if we can compare the effects of kundalini to that of celibacy? "please, I just wanted to be a nice person who can accomplish his work properly and have love and moral values among family and society" Please, Take my words kindly. Thank you.

Edited by - kart12345 on Nov 01 2015 6:01:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2015 :  03:25:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Kart,

Try not to see sex as something wrong..... I second Sey opinions in this. Spiritual progress needs time and practice, you can also be a loving person with high family values and have sex. So it is not depending on how longer no sex the better the progress, transforming is something else. You are young, it is important that you love yourself.
Wishing you a steady practice.

Edited by - Charliedog on Nov 02 2015 04:14:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2015 :  02:24:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear kart,
You are on the right track. You are searching for ways and answers - better than sitting and believing we know it all. Praying to God is not a requirement to spiritual growth (strange as that may sound); effective tools and steady, regular practices are. The effective tools we have here at AYP, the steady practice you have to put in. The other essential ingredient is desire(Bhakti, wishing to do something about your spiritual growth and I would say you have that already.
So, I can only emphasize again that you need to start a meditation practice. A balance of two things must happen for transformation - The cultivating of Inner Silence through meditation and the raising of ecstatic conductivity (Kundalini). Kundalini alone will most likely lead you to a lot of trouble.

Best of luck

Sey
Go to Top of Page

kart12345

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2015 :  07:03:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much my dear friends. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for supporting me this way. I will start practising Meditation.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000