Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 How long does kundalini awakening take?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aditya97

India
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2015 :  09:46:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been meditating for around 10 days. I know nothing happens so fast but still can someone give me a reasonable estimate of the time taken to reach an enlightenment milestone?

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2015 :  11:38:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
See if you can spot beauty in your nearby vicinity. Then, once you spot it, see if you can recognize that the beauty is part of yourself. Then, if there is even an inkling to contribute to, and be a steward of, that beauty, that is kundalini.

Deep Meditation will help you be a witness (stillness) to what is already happening (kundalini).
Go to Top of Page

Beehive

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2015 :  1:33:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

See if you can spot beauty in your nearby vicinity. Then, once you spot it, see if you can recognize that the beauty is part of yourself. Then, if there is even an inkling to contribute to, and be a steward of, that beauty, that is kundalini.

Deep Meditation will help you be a witness (stillness) to what is already happening (kundalini).

That was an awesome response.....
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2015 :  2:24:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
See how you feel in a stressful situation; do you feel like a participant and a witness? A few months after starting AYP, my autistic daughter had a meltdown in a grocery store, so I had to remove her to the car in the parking lot. Because we had left the store without the usual candy bar, the fit became a hurricane. I would have to wait until her storm calmed.

Suddenly in the rear view mirror there were blue flashing lights. Time seemed to slow; I found my self greeting the officer as I opened the side door of the van and introduced them, letting him know her condition. He immediately knew the situation was in good hands and called off the second car. He offered to buy her the candy bar, which I nixed as it rewards "getting upset". The novelty of the situation seemed to calm her anyway, and soon we were completing our trip.

Replaying it there was a definate buffer from the "suffering", which I both watched and participated in. This is when I knew practices were bearing fruit.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2015 :  08:06:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dogboy = stillness in action
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2015 :  09:51:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dogboy
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2015 :  11:01:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Stillness in action. A scene like this could have resulted in so many differnt outcomes. Good Job.
Go to Top of Page

aditya97

India
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2015 :  06:12:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would love to hear if someone else had such a still moment in the midst of chaos.
Go to Top of Page

Praveece

India
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2016 :  06:47:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Praveece's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As per Indian Philosophy, we can say it as related with one's karmic background and effort. It is said that the duration of 12 years is needed to reach the state of enlightenment with the disciplined practice without having a spiritual background.
Go to Top of Page

Jayleno214

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  8:02:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have 5 years of AYP. Noticed kundalini on the first year and have been taking it easy ever since. Now my desire for opening has grown and i have stepped up practices and have reached my daily/weekly purification quota repeatedly and are now trying to balance (self pace) myself into a daily practice that is both progressive and under my limit.

The biggest learning experience i had was realizing i had to reduce the DM time to get better results. It sounds contradictory. But it works because too much purification isnt good, its 50% good 50% slowing me down. Once i reduced times to 5 mins, i was purified and able to see it because i wasnt trying to recover as intensely as when my practice times were @ 20 mins. My entire mood, attitude, outlook, and body language changed for the better ( proving that inner silence is the source of all things).

So kundalini rising is present when i add mulabandha. But ive yet to find a good set of times to practice it without burning out. This has quenched my desire to open spiritually, and also sheds a huge spotlight on the importance of pacing oneself. Kundalini is all there, how we get to it properly is the trick. Get stable in practices, once stable add another practice, repeat, once you overdo go back to the last stable routine and inch up once you clear the extra load of obstructions.
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2016 :  12:36:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I began sitting za-zen in 1970, and was initiated into TM in 1973. When I was made a TM Teacher, in 1976, Maharishi gave me the mantra I use to this day, although he did teach me several further techniques, mostly siddhis, from 1977-79. My practice have remained virtually unchanged since then. I'm just giving you this long history of the past 45 years to underscore that this Enlightenment thing is a lifelong process, not an event. We are always in this process--the process of Becoming. What we pursue simultaneously when we become a yogi is the presence of the state of Being. So there is Being in meditation and Becoming in action. But little by little, we begin to see first glimpses, and then moments, and then a more steady presence of Being in Becoming--silence in action. This is incredibly gradual and natural. Yes there are yardsticks to measure progress--when we "Witness" sleep, it's a good bet we have a pretty stable and a strong presence of Being all the time, for example. But it's like this--as soon as we pass thru one gate, lo and behold, a new path unfolds before us! Maharishi used to say that, thru meditation, Life gains more of itself, and over my 50 year journey, I have found this to be as good a description as any.
Michael
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2016 :  05:53:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
From one Michael to another, welcome back to the forum!

Edit:wording

Edited by - Dogboy on Jan 21 2016 08:22:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2016 :  09:46:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Long time yogi Michael, nice to read, thanks, hope to be yogi forever, life is so much more for filling these day's.

Edited by - Charliedog on Jan 21 2016 09:57:38 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000