AYPsite.org Forum
 Enlightenment Milestones
 Reading Krishnamurti...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  04:56:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Why should all this happen to us? No explanation is good enough, though one can invent a dozen. But certain things are fairly clear. 1. One must be wholly "indifferent" to it coming and going. 2. There must be no desire to continue the experience or to store it away in memory. 3. There must be a certain physical sensitivity, a certain indifference to comfort. 4. There must be self- critical humourous approach. But even if one had all these, by chance, not through deliberate cultivation and humility, even then, they are not enough. Something totally different is necessary or
nothing is necessary. It must come and you can never go after it, do what you will. You can also add love to the list but it is beyond love. One thing is certain, the brain can never comprehend it nor can it contain it. Blessed is he to whom it is given. And you can add also a still, quiet brain.

This is a fragment of Krishnamurti's Notebook, I just started reading.

The first book that really shocked me when reading it was Patanjali, it was like an explosion in my head.
That was the moment I became aware of my journey, understood the real meaning of Yoga etc.

After that more books did follow from guru's, modern teachers, some helped me, some not.
Patanjali was and is my yoga bible, since years, found out that I rather read holy scriptures then modern teachers.

And then this Notebook of Krishnamurti came by on AYP forums.

This is such a good description of how life is now, after years of yoga. It is so beautiful described. This again is mind blowing.....and makes me humble.

Deeply grateful I Am

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  12:51:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Deeper than deep.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  1:14:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is the same guy that puts down Mantra right? Saying you may as well be saying Cocoa Cola, Cocoa Cola is he not?
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  2:50:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So-Hi, I never read anything from him, did know his name and fame and for the rest, don't know.

But it happens that this book came to me and I love it.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2015 :  08:56:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad you are loving it. Oh and yes he is the Coca Cola guy.

Here is a resource you may also enjoy http://www.jiddu-krishnamurti.net/e...e-the-sacred

Edited by - So-Hi on Sep 01 2015 09:32:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2015 :  09:52:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am also enjoying this book immensely. Gives one lots to think about. Thank you for Charliedog for bringing it to our attention

Sey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000