AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Energy in back of the head
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

microcosm

102 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  11:53:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I don't know if this is the correct subforum for this issue, forgive me if it isn't.

Recently I noticed that during body-scan part of my meditation, I feel energy flowing out of two muscles in the back of my neck (you can feel them while nodding your head in agreement). It flows into the back of my skull and then lower towards my jaw.

What's happening?

I find it interesting, because for as long as I can remember (long before I even knew what meditation was), I could "discharge" this energy into my lower body and feel it as tingling / nerve stimulation. I thought it was just a trick I'm able to do. It almost feel like an energy container, because with each "discharge" there is less and less energy there.

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  1:52:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello microcosm and welcome to the forum.

You are not crazy or imagining things this is very real. This reply will probably not be what you were expecting.

This area beneath the skull is known as different things in different traditions.

Some call it the jade pillow, do a search to find more on that.

In some it is known as the mouth of God as In Man shall live not by bread alone but by every word that issuith forth from the mouth of God. Yeah probably wrecked that quote but you get the idea.

In these traditions it is known as the point where the soul connects to the body and where energy of God sustains it, beyond that of just food alone, after all feeding a dead person food does not make them alive now does it?

If you experiment with this which I am sure you have, you will discover it really is not that you are running out of energy here but your ability to feel it is overwhelmed, the neurobiology can only take so much before going numb.

Now being able to do this myself I have never discovered a practical purpose for manipulating this energy in such a way other than it sure does feel good and later when it comes of it’s own during spiritual practices it can act as a springboard for development and inner purification of the spinal nerve.

This energy release from this area is also what causes Kechari Mudra to form when the time is right in the neurobiology and that is because it is time for the energy to go upwards into the higher centers located in the head for further development on the journey, the tongue acts like a switch.

There are other places where this occurs naturally and they are often attributed with Chakras.

In AYP though we do not make it a point to go through all of these things under the hood as it is known the neurobiology knows how to regulate itself just fine.

Look into learning Deep Meditation and Spinal breathing willing to bet you will get quite a bit out of these practices that will help deepen your understanding of this under the hood stuff.

Go to Top of Page

microcosm

102 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  3:01:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi So-Hi,

just to be clear we are talking about the same thing, please take a look at this picture: https://i.imgur.com/XH6FJlW.jpg. I marked the "discharge" muscles as green. Is that what you are talking about?
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  3:35:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes we are on the same page.

If you look at the Medulla Oblongata where it is close to the Cerebellum this is the point where the build up like a capacitor takes place prior to and even during the discharge, the discharge can then be guided down as you have described.

If the discharge is internalized deeper it can even effect the beat of the heart and in deep, deep states of very highly energetic conductivity and stillness it will trip the breaker into Samadhi States where the heart no longer beats and the lungs do not operate.

During this time the body is being sustained directly by the energy of God.

These states however do not make one special contrary to popular media, what they are is unexplainable but it is comforting to know that death is not the final frontier.

It is better not to do this on purpose but rather to allow things to unfold as they will, when younger just to be a jerk I have tested doctors by altering Cardiac Rhythm, this way it shows up as the heart skipping several beats on an EKG.

But again I stress have yet to find a practical purpose for manipulating the neurobiology this way.

This also happens when Bhakti is so strong it triggers an energetic release and my heart will stop momentarily, because so much energy flavored with bliss and love travel into the heart center and also effect the cardiac muscle.

Contrary to what fear may dictate a stopped heart is very pleasant.

Better to let that happen on it’s own and not focus on this on purpose.

Telling all this because it may happen with you and if it does simply focus in the brow relax enjoy the event and the autonomic system will get things going again.

quote:
Originally posted by microcosm

Hi So-Hi,

just to be clear we are talking about the same thing, please take a look at this picture: https://i.imgur.com/XH6FJlW.jpg. I marked the "discharge" muscles as green. Is that what you are talking about?

Go to Top of Page

microcosm

102 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2015 :  03:49:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by So-Hi
But again I stress have yet to find a practical purpose for manipulating the neurobiology this way.

What about rising from the dead, like a well known religious figure? ;)

Thanks, I won't mess with this stuff yet. I just start to feel energies in my body.

I'm constantly feeling a tingling sensation in palms of my feet and hands. I find myself constantly touching tips of my fingers with tips of my thumbs, esp. the index finger. Soles of my feet "want" to connect with each other by touch. Why is this happening?

One night before sleep I felt strong sexual fantasies arising, but was able not to engage them. Then, while lying and waiting for sleep to come I felt strong energies on both sides of my spine. I got a bit scared and didn't mess with them. I had vision-like dreams that night and an nocturnal emission.

Any thoughts about that experience? I'd also appreciate advice on how to deal with sexual thoughts. Noting them works up to some point, then they become very strong and hard to fend off.

Edited by - microcosm on Jul 24 2015 04:41:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2015 :  05:20:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the AYP forums microcosmos!

@ So-Hi, thank you for your explanation, you answered some of my not aware of but long sustaining questions here
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2015 :  11:11:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

You are welcome Charliedog.

Dear, Microcosm

I wrote an extremly long reply then deleted it, because it was likely to just not be helpful to anyone due to the nature of somethings having to be gone through to be understod, it helped me to purify my system by releasing via writing but later was understood it might get in someone elses way by causing expectations of things.

My best advice is to learn AYP all of these questions and more will be answered by doing not reading what others have done.

If you take up AYP practices there is a lot to learn there is the paid AYP Plus site it is only $10.00 Per month. Last week donated $100.00 to AYP to take care of the second months membership for anyone signing up all they have to do is email yogani yogani99@yahoo.com and tell him you read about it and if you are one of the first 10 people he will give you the second month free.

AYP Plus is the fastest way to learn all of this stuff. then by doing all your answers will be known and when a Yacky Doodle like me writes something you will go ah ha just like Charliedog and that is the best way to know by knowing already which comes by doing and then get confirmation.

Edited by - So-Hi on Jul 24 2015 12:35:36 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000