Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Superhuman Iceman - Healing Method
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ace

Germany
30 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  05:30:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

this is a vice-documentary about Wim Hof, a dutch man, who holds many world records in tolerating cold temperatures and who climbed mount everest in shorts!

More interesting, it has been scientifically proven, that he can influence his auto-immun system and willingly stimulate his adrenalin output, which is unheard of.

At the centre of his technique lie yoga breathing techniques, which are quite different, from what we practice here, but interesting non the less. You might like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaMjhwFE1Zw

enjoy and let me know, what you think

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  8:41:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Ace. I really enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing.
Steve
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  10:42:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Ace, thank you! Wim Hof is a natural yogi
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2015 :  5:44:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Doesn't he use the Buddhist tumo. Practice for this ?

Edited by - kumar ul islam on Jul 24 2015 5:58:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

mureandre

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  4:38:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit mureandre's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
From my knowledge, Wim Hof is not initiated in tumo.
Go to Top of Page

alecpeace

USA
95 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  11:07:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Essentially, do very deep, fast inhales, then exhale only about 70% of the air and repeat in quick manner, then after a few minutes hold the breath and direct the energy to the head, then repeat all while climbing an icy mountain. Based off the video, that's what I got. It boils down to breathing in more air than you're letting out.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2015 :  09:54:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Seems to be a slower version of kapalbhati pranayam combined with a breath retention similar to yoni mudra kumbhaka. I used the technique in the shower yesterday for a little over 2 minutes, first with very hot water spraying on my chest and then alternating to extremely cold water spraying on my chest and I seem to have rid myself of a cough that has been plaguing me for two weeks (ever since the really bad forest fires started in BC and the air quality got super sh*tty). Interested in playing with the technique a bit more over time.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jul 27 2015 10:22:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

alecpeace

USA
95 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2015 :  1:31:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The basic summary of the technique starts around 33:00 in the video.
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2015 :  1:37:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome, thanks ace for sharing!
I am a converse to cold showers
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2015 :  11:29:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing, Ace. I love Wim Hof! Great documentary
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000