Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Ongoing Mantras
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sungazer

Croatia
61 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2015 :  11:58:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Is "Hare Krishna" a mantra? So when members of this sect (not sure is it a right term), are chanting "Hare Krishna" "Om Namah Shivaya" "Hare Rama" and so, do they actually get into meditative states? I don't as mean deep as in "real" meditation, but just a little bit?

And for those who don't know, I've found that I've been overloading (with DM) ever since I started AYP and I can't meditate right now, so I thought maybe chanting hare krishna songs would work for me?

And can it be only listened or it must be chanted?

Edited by - Sungazer on Jul 06 2015 12:04:56 AM

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2015 :  04:34:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear, i practice an ongoing mantra myself... Best if it's the name of ur chosen ideal... Maybe in ur case it's krishna... Also, i think it's best to be initiated or learn from someone or a source (a book, the internet ect..) with experience into this form of practice... Imh experience you would experience much more than just meditative states... There are self pacing measures in ayp as u might well already know... For me Ayp has been the stepping stone into the world of silence and i still benefit from what i learned everyday... If you could find a balance here at ayp without risking ur comfort... I recommend it... Treading a path on ur own or under the guidance of a guru is not an easy thing... It's beautiful yet torture but there are fruits... I trust in yogani and what he's saying ayp offers is the same as what other paths do have to offer... Namaste

Edited by - Ananda on Jul 06 2015 05:18:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2015 :  12:10:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In simple terms an act of devotion
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2015 :  2:11:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
And can it be only listened or it must be chanted?

Ah, only through experience will you know for sure! Enter the pool, toes first
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2015 :  2:47:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sungazer,

Yes, Hare Krishna is a mantra, and so are the others you mentioned such as Om Namah Shivaya. There are many others as well. Each mantra will have a particular effect on the subtle body when chanted or if used in meditation. Chanting mantras out loud, or listening to mantras being chanted will tend to have much less of an effect on the subtle nervous system than if they are used in meditation the way that we use the AYAM mantra in Deep Meditation.

If you are finding using the AYAM mantra difficult you could try using the breath as a focus in meditation instead. This is discussed in this lesson:

Suggestions for over-sensitive meditators

There is a description of the breathing meditation technique on my website here:

How do you practice Breathing Meditation?

Christi

Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2015 :  4:19:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
popular mantra in the sense of the bhakti movement of the 1500s and of course the hare krishnas of our day ,has always resonated with me even before i read the the gita has many deeper meanings the sylables ect like all scripture the meaning are multi layered and profound depending from where you coming from where you are ,myself i just follow the yogani prescription as this has been given to me the gita is the for me is the most profound text it is the culmination of the upanishads and really is the song of the lord sing along the tune is divine
Go to Top of Page

Sungazer

Croatia
61 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2015 :  8:26:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, so I may try some mantras aloud, or listening to them. This will have much less effect as Christi said so it might be good for me.

I can't meditate at all, whether is it DM or breath meditation, I overload with just one breath. And I've also tried Vipassana meditations, overload was less, but still an overload. And I've tried just concetrating on moving my hand up and down (while lying down), and I overload from that to.

Edited by - Sungazer on Jul 06 2015 8:31:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2015 :  03:59:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sungazer,

If that is the case, I would recommend taking a break from all spiritual practices for a while until things stabilize. Go for plenty of long walks in nature and engage in grounding activities.

See lesson 69:

Kundalini Symptoms, Imbalances and Remedies

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2015 :  03:05:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sungazer

Okay, so I may try some mantras aloud, or listening to them. This will have much less effect as Christi said so it might be good for me.

I can't meditate at all, whether is it DM or breath meditation, I overload with just one breath. And I've also tried Vipassana meditations, overload was less, but still an overload. And I've tried just concetrating on moving my hand up and down (while lying down), and I overload from that to.

If this is the case, then it's like what I went through a few years back... Bhakti was there and very powerful and thirsty yet I couldn't meditate without the risk of overloading... I asked God for a way and He lead me to a path of prayer and remembrance of the name of my beloved under the guidance of a guru...

But the funny part is that the outer guru has lead me into the inner guru... Yogani's works have been always the starting and finishing point... What cannot be explained else where or is disguised with superstition is made clear here...

So I'd recommend either asking God for guidance or your Ishta... Or simply go out and look for a guru who could guide you under such a path... It might be a whole different path... Maybe an advaita teacher or something else entirely....

I stumbled unto a sufi master and funnily he taught me exactly what I needed to calm down everything and go deep within inner silence and meditate as much as I want... But as with everything... There is balance... And what I used to experience as overloading... I experienced in another form of suffering and disciplening... Yet I pushed under his guidance... Now, thank God things are different and much calmer after many years of turning within my mind... The circle broke... A dog cannot chase it's tail...

I wish you all the best on the path you choose.

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

Sungazer

Croatia
61 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2015 :  9:36:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay Ananda, thanks.

First of all, I didn't mean to become a Hare Krisha follower as it may be concluded by the name of the topic. I wanted to try alternative mantring (not in mediation but aloud or listening), is this called ongoing mantra like you Ananda mentioned in your first post? If it is I'd like if the topic would be renamed to Ongoing mantras.

So does anyone want to recommend some matras besides Hare Krishna? I will try listening to them, like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JAqehYZYNY
Is this one okay?
What are the easy ones, ones that have less effect? Is it better listened in 432hz?

Ananda,
Intersting thing about me, I didn't get any benefits of meditating, I've been overloading for 8 months I think, without noticing it; ever since the begining of the practice, I think I should have started with breath mediation.
And I've never had such iritations, emotional inbalances like you. I have described them in this topic: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....&whichpage=2

I don't know how could guru help me... Speaking of gurus i was on Sri Swami Vishwananda's darshan the other day.
And how do you mean "ask God for help"? Some kind of law of attraction maybe?
And you say guru told you to meditate as much as you want event hought you were overloading?

Edited by - Sungazer on Jul 09 2015 9:49:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2015 :  01:11:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear, if you ask for it... It will come... I don't know about the law of attaraction... All i know are the words of jesus... Knock on the door and it shall be open to you... Maybe a lot of knocking here and there would be needed... But a door will open... God will reply... God is more real than anything else... God is also everything else... Call truth by any name you want.. It's all there is in and out there... i was lead to my teachers simply because of grace... I was aching for it of course back then... And i took every opportunity available... I would point you to my teacher but i do not know if it suits you... Plus he is not accepting disciples as he used to... If you'd like to give it a shot... You may contact me on my email and we'll see if we can work out something.... If it doesn't work... Simply search elsewhere as well... You have nothing but to gain. Namaste

Edited by - Ananda on Jul 10 2015 01:45:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2015 :  6:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sungazer,

If you are truly overloading through spiritual practices then it is recommended to avoid all spiritual activities until things settle down. This would include even things such as chanting, listening to spiritual music, reading spiritual books etc.

However, looking at the thread that you linked to above about your meditation experiences, it seems to me that you are misunderstanding the term "overload" as Yogani uses it in the main lessons. By "overload" he is meaning sensations that are painful and unpleasant. You seem to be interpreting any sensation or experience as overload which it is not.

Also, not feeling bliss, or not feeling happiness, is not energetic overload, it is simply the absence of bliss and happiness.

I would recommend that you begin meditation again. If things happen, let them happen. Experiences will come and go. If you do not feel happy, or peaceful or blissful, let that be the case too. Simply meditate for the sake of meditation. If anything happens that is actually painful, or disturbing then that is a sign to self-pace your practice. But simple experiences such as sensations in the third eye are not a sign to cut back on your practice.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Sungazer

Croatia
61 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2015 :  10:06:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, well, there had to be someone who wouldn't believe what I'm saying. I understand that most of the people would find it unbeliveable that I overload from just one breath or so.
My overloads definitelly are unpleasant, thought not painful. Are you sure you've carefully read my posts in that topic? Because regarding my overload I have told more that just about a sensation in the third eye (which I niether did consider a part of overload).

So how is my overload? I will try to explain it once more and in just one post.
When I meditate I feel both blissful and overloaded too. In one aspect I just totally can't describe this overload. But here's what I can describe: increased heartbeat rate, increased need for breathing (need to breath more and more, can't get enough of it), pressure in head, and so. And these are definitelly not comfortable, they're definitelly unpleasant, especially that undescribeable part; it's nothing physicall, it's like my mind is squeezing or something, in one period when I was meditating regulary i felt this allmost all the time, and when I stoped meditating I felt so refreshed from this.
I could tell more about this, but I can't right now.

I also did Sungazing before (which can be concluded from my user name), and I've had some experiences to tell about that too. I felt this absolutely massive energy rush through my whole body, that was the most extreme experiences I've ever head; but besides it's extremenes it actually wasn't nothing nice to feel, but niether bad. And then I started to feel this during meditaiton too, so maybe this has contributed to my meditation overloads, therefore I'm not sungazing anymore.

I could write more but I can't, writing this much has got me tired.

Edited by - Sungazer on Jul 10 2015 10:19:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2015 :  11:38:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello, so you overload swiftly, yes got that. seems pretty apparent from here what the correct action to take is. question is this are you ready to drop your drama and accept the answer you already know?

Here let me spell it out for you so you won't miss it. Your best course of action is to quit being so dramatic and just do your best to live a life that serves yourself and others with patience tolerance and compassion Love if you can. Oh and if you think I am being harsh guess again, took me 25 years to grow past this phase and still working on it daily so welcome to life put your helmet on it can be a rough ride at times but is worth it.

Sometimes the best yoga is the mundane spiritual practice of just being alive, who said you have to be a superstar anyway?

Do understand this with each heartbeat we are all moving closer to awareness of what we already are, fine, great if it is time to practice sadhana of a specific type to accelerate things but for goodness sakes understand that you are already well on your way and not to worry no one gets left behind be at ease you are a child of the universe and I am your brother, fear not I and others will not let you fail. if you are in a position to help me I beg your assistance as well,above all else be happy in your life and know you are loved.

living is a bitch sometimes sadhana on top of it can be too much, be kind to yourself and forgiving listen to your own inner wisdom and you will know.
namaste.
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2015 :  12:35:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Sungazer

Sorry for the late reply but just found this topic and was wondering how you're doing with the overload. By the way, I prefer om namah shivaya.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2015 :  10:40:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Today Charliedog gave some excellent advice to a forum member in the 'AYP + Stress Relief' topic, which is in this Other Systems and Alternate Approaches subforum.

She says, "Be aware of your breath as much as possible, diaphragmatic or not. Just be aware of it, during the day. This helps you to stay close to yourself, and you will learn how your breath is working. Not influence, only be in touch with it." (bold added)

What Charliedog is suggesting has been my practice (or nonpractice) for the past 2 years and it's working out perfectly. If you are willing, we may be able to get to the root cause of your breath overload situation. It's been stated elsewhere that overload occurs with only one breath in breath meditation. It would seem that can only be due to a few factors. It could be the structured meditation session, which possibly triggers stress. However, more probably, it is because you are in some way influencing your breathing (consciously or unconsciously). Perhaps both are factoring into the overload. Unless you possess some rather extraordinary skills, you have to breathe to stay alive, right?

You may want to try this approach: Don't attempt a structured meditation session. Rather, very gradually begin to simply notice how you are breathing naturally throughout the day. When you're feeling relatively peaceful and calm... kind of sneak up on yourself and gently (without imposing any structure on it) observe your automatic breathing process. Do not permit/ attempt influencing, controling or interfering with your automatic breathing process in any way whatsoever. <- That part is very important. If you will try it, for only a few seconds at a time, perhaps not even a complete breath, a couple times throughout the day... it shouldn't cause much overload. Or less severe overload, to the point where you can tolerate it. Very gradually increase the time in which you pay attention to your breath, if you like.

Being extremely sensitive, as you undoubtedly are, this technique is working beautifully for me. (However the amount of time I'm paying attention to my breathing cumulatively amounts to an hour or two a day.)

Please let us know how you're getting on. You may need to give up all things spiritual until the overload calms down.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

Sungazer

Croatia
61 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2015 :  2:18:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I saw this reply just know, sry for late answer.

Okay parvati9, I will try this, I'll report back in a few days.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000