Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 adverse results after achieving full khechari
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sonofgungog

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2015 :  07:57:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey all,

I'm new to this forum but not to yoga. I've been practicing hatha yoga for more than a year now. No asana or mudra I ever did had any negative physical effects before.

After practicing Khechari(without cutting the frenulum) for six months, I managed to get my tongue to reach the entire distance and hit the roof. I was churning the edge of the septum and the extremely sensitive roof for quite sometime before I noticed that there was blood sticking to the tip of my tongue.

There has been blood somewhere at the top of the nasal septum for days now, but it doesn't drip or anything unless I stick my tonge up the nasopharynx when it sticks to it. It doesn't cause any pain either, just makes my crown chakra and third eye feel intense pressure than they normally do.

Has anyone here had this happen to them? Is there something to fear physically or as to the progress of spiritual practice?

Edited by - sonofgungog on Jun 30 2015 08:05:01 AM

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2015 :  09:47:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello, while being able to perform the same mudra under the same circumstances without cutting etc... This has not happened here. Best guess is that perhaps there is a week point from the top connecting to the alter of bliss that is being stretched too much and this has caused a fissure.

How does Kechari come to be in place for you is it a matter of deciding to place the tongue and doing so because it is part of a practice a action of complete volition? or does the tongue raise on its own due to inner currents preferring it do so and actively enticing the tongue and soft pallet to facilitate the Mudra?

The reason this is asked is because if the former is the case suggestion is to stop Kechari for 14 days allow everything to heal and strengthen.

If the later is the answer you may have no choice but to cease practices for the same period of time and let things heal.

This has been the case here as the mudra will sneak up and form regardless of attempt at least with AYP Practices. Not knowing what you practice it is hard to really converse.

Getting blood all the time is an indication to take it easy and let things heal the last thing you want to do is develop and infection.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2015 :  12:12:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When forming Kechari allot of other tissues get in on the act as well I agree it is unlikely that the tongue contacting the roof caused this.

There are other tissues in the skull however that do change position from standard position during the formation of this mudra and chances are a strain on these tissues is where it is coming from.

No doubt there is a pranic circuit completed regardless of how the tongue goes into position, the point was really to say that when prana, Kundalini, ecstatic conductivity cause the movement that it may happen before you catch it happening requiring the cessation of all practices to allow healing to take place.

If you decide to use a Neti pot with a buffered saline solution to help aid in healing just remember to use distilled water as other forms can be harmful.

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Con...cm316375.htm

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/...arning/?_r=0

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...s/249460.php
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2015 :  6:17:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Son,
You got some good advice here. I will only add that if you have some negative effects from kechari, probably you are going too fast too far. The negative effects are there to make you slow down. Kechari is a powerful technique, but it should be integrated with the rest of the practice. The overall effect should be a smooth powerful meditation - and its lasting effects in daily life.
Best wishes on your chosen path!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2015 :  02:17:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sonofgungog,

If you are getting intense pressure in the crown chakra as a result of practising kechari mudra, then that is a good sign to back off from the practice for a while, regardless of the bleeding issue. Intense pressure in the crown is usually not a good sign, and is an indication to scale back on all the spiritual practices that you do until things settle down and become more stable.

If you do not have a meditation practice already then I would recommend cultivating one. Also, if you do not already practice Spinal Breathing Pranayama, then that would also be well worth cultivating as it balances the energy out in the body as well as purifying the body in a much more gentle and safe way than kechari mudra will.

Kechari mudra can always be brought back in again later on when more purification has been carried out in the first 6 chakras (root through to ajna). The intense pressure you are experiencing in the crown chakra is an indication that more purification still remains to be done lower down in the body.

Meditation is covered here in lesson 13 and Spinal Breathing is explained in lesson 41.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000