AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Balance?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  11:37:37 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

quote:
Originally posted by karl

The emotion gets transferred to the instrument you are playing, the girl dancing, the sounds. It is a distraction. Objective and subjective then flow together when they ought not to.

Ahhhh...there is the issue.

It seems like you are stuck, and perhaps not letting the witness dissolve in unity. Don't worry, it will happen (it surely already is happening ).

When objective and subjective flow together, there is true joy, which is the ultimate fruit of all practices, as well as the supreme siddhi. For you to say "they ought not to" is a mental obstruction and barrier to full enlightenment. It is easily dissolved with active surrender, which moves us beyond the witness stage.

I would advise a healthy dose of Walt Whitman, whose writing has great power, and can help make the boundaries more transparent, fluid, and remarkably radiant.

I would not concern yourself with who or what is stuck . If subjective and object are known there is no resistance, but if not then there is conflict.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  11:44:06 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kumar ul islam

you are tied to mental attitudes a slave to your own words i have one final piece of scripture for you take it as you please from me it is from a heart and love that is where i am at the momment maybe you are far ahead or far behind or we are both nowwhere but my discussion ends thankyou

some look on the self as a wonder
some speak of it as a wonder
some hear of it as a wonder
still others ,though hearing do not understand it at all .

I am that I am.Tthe self is the self there is no looking at the self. Find the one who is looking and none such exists.

There is no in front or far behind. You are the self and that is all. You have always been the self. There is no getting to or from the self.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  11:51:45 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

P.S. Emotional content and transference are at the very crux of our progress. The more bhakti there is for our chosen ideal, the more progress. The "transference" occurs in the infinite heartspace, in which our emotional longing is projected onto our visionary goal, which is also our Self. That is the cosmic comedy and drama. It is absurd, tragic, and by far, sublimely beautiful, that we happen to be chasing ourselves, but nevertheless, we must surrender to the chase by investing our emotional energy towards the cherished ishta.

I don't know Bodhi. I don't know how there is a thought of progress and yet on investigation no such thing is apparent. There is emotional longing for emotional longing is what I believe to be true. It's cross wired. I don't know how and I don't know that there is an exact method to do something which is not of need to be done. There is no cherished Ishta. There is the self only. I am that, there is no other.

There is no trick to it, though there appears to be need of trickery. Is it an indulgence ?

Edited by - karl on Jul 04 2015 12:00:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  1:07:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Love. Unity. Wisdom.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  2:01:30 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
HI Karl

You know, of all the post you've written on this thread, this is the one that really touches me. If I read your post correctly, you feel you are at an impasse, right?

IMO asking these questions, as you are doing, is progress in itself. That means you are trying this door and the other, and sooner or later the right door will open. The frustration may be even more progress. The silence has the answer. The frustration may be thinning the resistance - your resistance to seeing the answer. If frustration is indeed what you feel, then I'd say go with it. My two cents worth.

Good luck my friend.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Jul 04 2015 2:03:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  2:09:52 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

HI Karl

You know, of all the post you've written on this thread, this is the one that really touches me. If I read your post correctly, you feel you are at an impasse, right?

IMO asking these questions, as you are doing, is progress in itself. That means you are trying this door and the other, and sooner or later the right door will open. The frustration may be even more progress. The silence has the answer. The frustration may be thinning the resistance - your resistance to seeing the answer. If frustration is indeed what you feel, then I'd say go with it. Good luck my friend.

No. I was responding to Bohdi's post. I was communicating how it was impossible to know why we are are as we are, or why we need a circuitous route and routine to find what was always true. That stuff is beyond my knowing.

I've concluded that further conversation is pointless. It's not helping anyone and seems to be winding everyone up. AYP forum is a club where you find a cure. I foolishly thought I might offer one. Big mistake. If I'm here then the assumption is that I'm here for the same reason. That makes me fraudulent.

I will no longer give replies unless it is about straight forward AYP practice.

Edited by - karl on Jul 04 2015 2:17:14 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000