Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 "Natural Stress Relief" manta/syllable
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  10:09:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Lately "Natural Stress Relief" meditation method has come to my attention after surfing around. The method is very similar to AYP's DM, and TM, but I assume the mantra, or as it is called the "syllable" is different. Anyone here know what that mantra/syllable is? thanks.

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - May 24 2015 :  4:32:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hhmm...not many posts or replies here'bouts these days. Seems most have gone over to the AYP Plus site?? Anyway, I posted this question simply out of curiosity and if anyone might know the exact mantra. An acquaintance online said he thought it is "***" (pronounced like **** or ***), which is actually the beej mantra of the muladhara chakra (!) or root chakra which I find interesting and a bit amusing if indeed that's what the NSR mantra is.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 25 2015 :  05:32:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello LittleTurtle
We're not ingnorig your question, it's more likely we don't know the answer. I for one am not familiar with that NSR meditation.
All the best to you.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - May 25 2015 :  07:32:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi LittleTurtle:

NSR is one of several spin-offs from Transcendental Meditation by former TM teachers. TM mantras are confidential, and NSR's may be too.

All the best!

The guru is you.
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - May 25 2015 :  11:27:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OK thanks for the replies.
Go to Top of Page

mark25

USA
3 Posts

Posted - May 31 2015 :  07:07:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Your friend is correct. I learned NSR many years ago. It is a great resource created by ex-TM teachers. It is an effective, inexpensive way of learning "TM" supported by a good forum and a highly experienced moderator. In my experience, the AYP teachings complement and augment it, making a more complete practice.
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - May 31 2015 :  1:06:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
mark25, my question was "Anyone here know what that mantra/syllable is?"
Go to Top of Page

mark25

USA
3 Posts

Posted - May 31 2015 :  4:15:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Your friend said "***". He is correct but it is pronounced *** not ***. While it is a bija mantra it was chosen for its effect on the CNS not the root chairs. In TM, MMY originally used "***" for everyone, also a bija mantra. The important point is to use the mantra correctly and that is why the NSR manual, mp3 and free support on the forum is helpful.
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - May 31 2015 :  4:45:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for the response. the beej mantra "***" is pronounced as *** so maybe NSR simply pronounces it differently.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000