AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 felt that immense energy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joseph

117 Posts

Posted - May 08 2015 :  4:08:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
near the base of the spine, as reported by others (except it seemed higher than I expected it would be). If it happens again, I wonder if I should try and suppress it if it wants to rise upwards.

Read some accounts of those who allowed it to rise into the brain and some were in light and bliss but had great challenges afterwards, as many of you know about.

When it happened I was lay flat on my back at night, I'd been doing a lot of practices and had ringing in the ears, as I always do, but louder than normal. I immediately diverted my attention away and turned over onto my side. It was so powerful. It hasn't happened since but I've a feeling it will if I do everything like before. It was probably the most relaxed I'd been for years. I can get to that state again, but I've avoided doing so because I'm not sure about meeting that energy again. Did I do the right thing by diverting attention away and turning over?

Thanks for reading and for any insights.

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 08 2015 :  4:32:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Joseph

If you are concerned about strength of this energy, then reduce practices / self-pace.
Repressing or avoiding the energy will be of little benefit. Being relaxed is good. Surrender and awareness are the right attitude in yoga.

All the best
Go to Top of Page

joseph

117 Posts

Posted - May 08 2015 :  4:48:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks BlueRaincoat

It's good to be that relaxed though, as much as possible, when lying down at night. It feels good, and I want to do it every night :)

You've bought up something which makes me wonder. That energy, could that perhaps stressed/anxious energy that's left over from recent days or weeks (or even years)? Or, an energy that's inherent in everyone's system and it's always the same, same place, power, etc?
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 08 2015 :  4:54:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joseph
That energy, could that perhaps stressed/anxious energy that's left over from recent days or weeks (or even years)? Or, an energy that's inherent in everyone's system and it's always the same, same place, power, etc?

It is the energy inherent in everyone's system hitting obstructions (like stress and anxiety) you've accumulated over the years.

When the obstructions have cleared, the energy flows freely and it feels peaceful and blissful - no more drama.

That is why we self-pace - so that the energy rises gradually and clears up the obstructions slowly, so that you don't feel uncomfortable.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on May 08 2015 4:56:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

joseph

117 Posts

Posted - May 08 2015 :  5:14:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Helpful info, thankyou! Self pacing is a must then, such a shame.

I've a feeling it will be a few decades of clearing out obstructions before it's safe to relax like that again
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 09 2015 :  05:16:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, you never know, a tiny bit every day and you might be squeaky clean before you know it.

It is of course a balance between going as fast as realistically possible while keeping the cart on the road. If the cart ends up in the ditch there will be no more progress for a while.

The really important thing is not to endanger your meditation routine by doing too much energy practices. If you've reached the point where you've overloaded to the point you can no longer meditate, that is a bad place to be. I hope you won't get there.

Practice wisely and enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

joseph

117 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2015 :  11:39:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Last night I heard an agitated scream coming from inside my head. It was when I was lying on my back. Nothing weird ever happens if I lie on my side. I considered it to be scenery but I am surprised because I have been self pacing a lot.

I suppose it's just the stress of the day coming out though..

Edit: I think I get overloaded by reading too much, focusing, and stress, etc, so it begs the question are there several types of overload? Maybe if I'm overloaded with stress and have some strange symptoms, doing some SBP and DM won't add onto that overload, it won't be cumulative, but rather will smooth things out. What do you think?

Edited by - joseph on Jun 09 2015 4:24:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2015 :  4:40:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Joseph,
During spiritual practices we not only can experience overload but we also experience the clearing of our emotional blockages as well as physical.Even if one thinks they are in good shape and don't have issues or blockages, then once they start spiritual practices one soon realises that this was not the case. When I met my wife she thought this way until she started meditation and experienced purification.This is a natural process but an excess of it can be considered overload if released too quickly and self pacing will be necessary.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2015 :  5:20:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Last night I heard an agitated scream coming from inside my head. It was when I was lying on my back. Nothing weird ever happens if I lie on my side. I considered it to be scenery but I am surprised because I have been self pacing a lot.

I suppose it's just the stress of the day coming out though..

Edit: I think I get overloaded by reading too much, focusing, and stress, etc, so it begs the question are there several types of overload? Maybe if I'm overloaded with stress and have some strange symptoms, doing some SBP and DM won't add onto that overload, it won't be cumulative, but rather will smooth things out. What do you think?

If concerned, or uncomfortable, reduce minutes at a time off your practice. Sometimes when I feel a little off, I will do a session of breath (instead of mantra) meditation as a way to self pace. Treating "the unusual" as scenery is AYP approved. Make sure you always have some kind of daily grounding activity (or food) whether you are overloading or not.

Overall, your current state seems manageable, so keep on trucking!

Edit: daily

Edited by - Dogboy on Jun 09 2015 5:21:34 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000