New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - May 07 2015 :  10:07:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

For more on the background of AYP and AYP Plus, including the financial aspect, see this forum topic from a few months ago: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=15071

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - May 07 2015 :  1:22:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Personally I think locking away another forum is a mistake because many people come to the site through search engines. Reducing the activity of the public forum will downgrade the quantity and quality of google search results, reducing the number of new users. It is also unnecessarily divisive.

Running a forum and creating content is a mountain of work, seriously. I once owned a business that had a highly trafficked forum and nobody who ever came there realized how much effort we put in behind the scenes, it was a full time job. The forum alone never made us much money, it was product sales that kept us afloat. Same situation here it seems.

What people see on a forum is the finished product, it looks all very easy. And there are a lot of behind the scenes costs, too that are not apparent when you just click a button and see a post.

I read what Yogani wrote about the behind the scenes stuff and how AYP has operated non profit for 11+ years, that is just amazing to me. As he stated the costs of running the site are no longer being covered by book sales alone. So it sounds like a question of whether there will continue to be an AYP at all, vs. whether it is divisive, etc.

Again, people see a nice free, simple looking resource here but there are hard costs even if you subtracted the time to run it all, which is even more valuable.

And as to cost of AYP plus, I once had a Starbucks habit that cost me a heck of a lot more than $10 per month, and left me with a lot less long term benefit than what I have already gotten from my 2 months of AYP.

So hopefully that provides some additional perspective. For my part I am happy for this move and hope that it provides what is necessary for AYP to continue to benefit others.

I personally would even support a for profit model. I've spent thousands on material things that looking back I wish I hadn't. By comparison I wish now I had been doing something like AYP plus for decades had I known about it and had it been available.

Many people think spiritual knowledge should not have to be paid for, yet just taking the old guru system alone many people paid for it in the past with the work output of their *entire lives*. Even the Catholic church doesn't get anywhere without money.

And I have seen that many people value and use what they pay for more than what is for free. And for those that still wish to use a free service, Yogani has generously left that in place.

Maybe I have rambled a bit here, I just know what it is like to be on the other side of the screen and how hard of a job it really is. Thanks Yogani for all you do, and I hope AYP Plus will allow it all to continue!

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - May 07 2015 :  5:49:42 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Amen, Technoyogi!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 07 2015 :  5:57:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by technoyogi

And as to cost of AYP plus, I once had a Starbucks habit that cost me a heck of a lot more than $10 per month, and left me with a lot less long term benefit than what I have already gotten from my 2 months of AYP.

Love it! That's some solid financial analysis right there, ladies and gentleman. Take note, and adjust your investment portfolios accordingly.
Go to Top of Page

Gryphuth

USA
2 Posts

Posted - May 21 2015 :  1:16:02 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani, and all other AYP contributors,
This is my first post on this forum and though I have been meaning to express my gratitude for this amazing resource for quite some time, I have yet to do so until now, perhaps because I knew the inadequacy in my ability to express the due gratitude, for the profound effects that AYP has had on me, for my almost 2 years of practice now. I stumbled on to AYP almost 2 years during a challenging time in my life, I was searching google for something like "using sexual energy for spiritual growth," and have practiced twice a day, for just about every day since and can definitely see looking back that it has had a huge positive effect on my life and I now feel that I have found my direction, which I fill increasingly motivated in travelings towards for as long as it takes.

It brings me much joy and reassurance to hear that AYP is still actively being developed. In addition to the practices which I am so grateful to have received, I have had countless questions which have been answered through discussions that have taken place on these forums. There have been times that I have felt concerned about the possibility that AYP might cease to exist, though the continuous activity that I became aware of by Yogani and others, has been a relief to me, and brings me peace of mind.

The news of this AYP plus is exciting, and once I get through school and get a job, I can definitely see myself becoming a subscriber.

To Yogani, and all other AYP participants, please accept my sincerest gratitude for the deepest profound effects that you have had on my life through your contributions.

P.S. I noticed a small typo on the signup form for AYP plus that I wanted to point out. In the Membership Type section where it says:
"OPTION: If you have been a member of the pubic AYP Forum prior to April 2015, you can maintain continuity of your AYP identity by signing up for AYP Plus and the AYP Plus Support Forum using your existing member name, which is already pre-registered at the Plus Forum."
I think it is meant to say public forum instead of pubic forum, right? Just wanted to point that out.

Edited by - Gryphuth on May 21 2015 1:47:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - May 21 2015 :  4:01:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gryphuth:

Thank you for your kind note and sharing. Happy to hear that you have been finding AYP helpful on your path.

Thanks also for pointing out the typo on the AYP Plus sign-up page. It has been corrected.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Gryphuth

USA
2 Posts

Posted - May 21 2015 :  7:00:55 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

paisneil

Malaysia
1 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2015 :  11:34:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit paisneil's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani

Tried to log in using my old username "paisneil" but could not despite using the forgot password function

Ta
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2015 :  07:32:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by paisneil

Hi Yogani

Tried to log in using my old username "paisneil" but could not despite using the forgot password function

Ta

Hi Paisneil:

Be sure to check your spam folder in case the password refresh email ended up there. If you don't find it there, email me via the contact page and we will sort it out.

Thanks for joining AYP Plus, and all the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2015 :  6:59:31 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Just signed up for 6 months

Not sure I will benefit it a lot (missing time and being still a newbie fighting in your first books)

But this was the least I could do for all you've done to me
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2015 :  10:54:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000