Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 friend with fibromyalgia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2015 :  12:14:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
today a friend of mine contacted me saying that he has fibromyalgia.His doctor told him to do yoga .I gave him the contact details of a good yoga center close to him, advices on which type of yoga (hatha yoga) to choose and which teachers at the center
he asked me about the need to change his diet.Told him i dont know about that, he should get back to his MD .
The yoga center suggested to him to meet their Ayurveda doctor to do ayurvedic pulse consultation and abhiyang . I dont know much about that either , told him so, but i encouraged him to get a consultation with the Ayurveda doctor then decide for himself
i told him that he definitely needs to change his lifestyle (he works too much) and get enough sleep
i suggested that reiki might be helpful too, but only from time to time, better to focus mainly on asanas.
i suggested swimming as useful too
did i miss something out or said something wrong? any additional advices?
thank you

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2015 :  12:49:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maha

I think your friend will do well to take up meditation, not just yoga postures. The root of the problem is psychological. Asanas will help, but meditation will solve it in time, if he practises regularly.
I think mantra meditation may a bit too strong for people who suffer from conditions like fibromyalgia, chronic stress/fatigue and the like (they've basically stored so much stress that their body/nervous system got to the point where it complains at the smallest exertion). I would direct your friend towards breath focused meditation. Or, if he wants to start with mantra meditation, be prepared to switch to breath focused if too much stress is surfacing too fast.

I hope he manages to pull through. Best of luck!

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Apr 27 2015 1:17:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2015 :  01:48:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you BRC
He told me later on that his mum has cancer that is why he is under lots of stress :(
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000