New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2015 :  03:45:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I have a few questions. I will start off with a bit about myself.

I have been practicing deep breathing meditation since 2000. Which has helped me sleep better and relax.

I learned about AYP in 2013, after I had discovered Kundalini. I got most of the books. Just after 2014 I was annoyed with my slow progress. And using the analogy of the car, I hopped on a rocket ship instead. I am sure you can guess where this is going. So I picked up the pace of my mantra in my mind. Saying the mantra super faster in my mind, so it became like a hum. That gave some immediate results that I could feel.

After a few days to a week or so. Clearly that wasn't enough for me. So I thought might as well go warp speed. I picked the most advanced mantra in AYPs. I started chanting that in my mind super fast at light speed, it was a hum in my head. Oh it was GODLY. I felt Amazing! I had so much Electricity running through my legs it was the most amazing feeling ever. I felt so amazing beyond words.

After that day, I dropped out of wrap speed, at the speed of light, face first into a planet. Ya..... It was horrible. The emotional upheaval was torture. I couldn't even touch meditation for the next year and a few months with a ten foot pole. My eyes would twitch like crazy (including my 3rd eye) when I tried, I just couldn't focus at all. Felt like the worst part of my life.

Slowly step by step I did spinal breathing to balance things out. It took some time but I got it back in balance. As best as I can tell. I am doing my deep breathing meditation with my mantra I AM. Slow chant pace, no more rocket ships for me. That is all I am doing right now. I would say about 3 min Deep breathing and 3 min mantra. I have been doing this for weeks if not a month now. Things are going well.

During the upheaval time, the vision happened. While GPS was way before that and during, it stopped after.

I was walking and I saw a picture of the future and it came true. It was like someone turned your eyes off and put a movie picture up instead. It happened only for 1 second. It was cool.

I can feel some people from a distance and can tell where they are. It is like having a GPS in your head and you can tell within a range where that person is. Really cool stuff.

Long story short I will not go into any details at all about the GPS or the Picture in my mind that I saw. I will talk about them in general if people are interested to hear more.

Now to my questions.

1) I am interested in learning energy control. Where one could directly control it and make it do things whether it's in your body or outside your body. Like Telekinesis or Telepathy.

2) How do I custom designed my own mantra?

I want to play with energy (Kundalini) without the purification part. It is like you said, you can only meditation for so long each day and beyond that it's not healthy. So I just want to play with Kundalini like a ball to just feel that energy and make it do stuff. I want to make use of Kundalini for more practical use. Like learning to active my GPS again for anyone or anything.

I had played with Kundalini before, with no negative side effects as far as I can tell. I want to improve up on that and expand it.

Mind you, that GPS is amazing and very accurate. It's a feeling that tells you where to go. Just amazing stuff. Plus learning Telekinesis and Telepathy would be very nice.

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on Apr 26 2015 03:49:03 AM

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2015 :  07:27:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Obviously, you are learning a lesson in self-pacing, part of which is backing off when there is too much friction. Also, nowhere in the lessons does it say it's advantageous to speed up the repetition of the mantra. If anything, the mantra tends to become faint and fuzzy. But I can understand the experimentation. It's just important to recognize that such a modification is well outside the baseline technique.

To your question #1, the closest thing to what you're wanting is probably samyama, which is releasing sutras into stillness. There are sutras that touch upon abilities like telekinesis, but the core sutras that first need to be cultivated are essences like love, unity, health, and abundance. It's kind of like learning to walk before running.

Since "release" is a big part of the technique, there is a kind of loose control that is not too attached to manipulating an exact outcome. It's more like going with the flow, if you know what I mean.

Re: question #2, there are mantra enhancements that can be added once progress is smooth. Based on your experience so far, I would definitely put that on the back burner until you are more stable with your current routine. Very important.

In general, the success of practices is determined by the quality of daily life, and not so much by the visions. Believe me, I understand the appeal of grand scenery, but first things first. Otherwise, we pay a costly price, as you have discovered. Less is often more with these powerful techniques.

Best wishes on your path.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2015 :  07:27:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Now it's time for me to be Buzzkill.

What you are seeking you won't find at AYP, and why you'd wish to again tinker with mantras after what you experienced last year is beyond me. Did you not learn how powerful these techniques are from that horrible experience? Your GPS happening is known as a siddi, a side effect of spiritual practice and considered scenery, something to notice, enjoy, and surrender. To try and control it, to chase after experiences, is going down the rabbit hole, and a sure way to go further off course. Your quest seems very Egocentric to me, and customizing these powerful techniques to suit those goals (as you have already discovered) is foolhardy.

Perhaps if this is truly what drives you, then explore the occult. Those practicing here are questing a balanced, loving path of service and enlightenment, in search of becoming closer to our true Self, our true destinies, our true God via careful cultivation of a balanced yoga practice. Sorry to let the air out of your balloon, but I urge you to reevaluate the true nature behind these desires, and not to play with a loaded gun.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2015 :  07:43:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@ Dogboy:
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2015 :  08:41:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All posters above have given you the requisite warnings about pursuing powers. "where am I at" is one such thread in this forum where a member recorded his experiments.
As for mantra design, Yogani has covered it in lesson 188. Mantra handbook by Eknath Eshwar is a recommended book.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2015 :  10:21:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your responses.

@ Dogboy just to clarify. My GPS and vision happened outside the practice. Not while I was practicing. When I practice, I focus on the practice itself and nothing else. Distractions come and go, and I let it be that way.

Yes I am taking it slow this time, and I will stay on that path. Why I asked the two questions. I was hopping for a safer way to get there through AYP.

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on Apr 26 2015 11:12:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2015 :  10:27:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@jusmail yes I have looked at lesson 188. What I was asking, is there a way to know the words of mantra that give different affects without the purification process. Say you are tired and you want energy to wake you up and to keep you functional in a positive way.

Sorry to all for not being clear enough on my questions.

I will take a closer look at lesson 188 again.

Thank you for the book info.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2015 :  11:26:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Siddhis are one of the fruits of practice and can occur inside or outside of meditation. The problem comes when you attach to this gift, to control it, to make it like a pill you can pop whenever you desire. Try surrendering this attachment and let the gift come on its own terms.

This thing I love about yoga, and AYP in particular is how simple practice, devotion, and trust in the process rewards me at any given moment with gifts large and small. Learn how to surrender control, and your journey will be much smoother and full of surprises.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2015 :  12:09:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Dogboy

Yes I am working on letting go, and some times wonderful things happen. At times I just want to sit and enjoy the view if you know what I mean. Some times it's hard to let go.

I forgot to ask. I know "I AM" has healing effects. Is there a mantra just for healing?

I am the type of person who is always asking why. I always want to know how things work in great detail. I am interested in more of the details under the hood of our AYP car.

My GPS ability was 7 years before I even knew about AYP. So what does that mean. Siddhis can come and goes with out practice? All I was doing then was just Deep breathing meditation.

Once I find a mystery that I like, I can't stop. I have to find the answer or it will drive me crazy.

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on Apr 26 2015 12:43:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2015 :  01:58:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can someone please point me in the right direction for a good source of occult information?
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2015 :  02:19:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Check out Urantia (www.urantia.org). It's like Christianity on acid.

Then when you're ready for Truth, go to Lesson 10 of AYP, wipe the slate clean, and work from that foundation.
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2015 :  11:08:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi LordBuzzKill, welcome.

Read your post a couple of times, and I have to say that I find your "siddhi oriented" project a little bit scary. So I am in line with the warnings written by other community members.

May I ask you why you want to focus on achieving control over that life power, although so many authors and writings clearly state that this is a path towards darkness? Such an intention is clearly not yoga.

Wish you all the best.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2015 :  11:15:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks,

I am looking for more info on all that is kundalini beyond what is covered here. Deep breathing meditation and mantra is part of my life now. I want to be able to create mantras for different needs without overload on "I AM".
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2015 :  12:29:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When I use the "I AM" mantra I get the feeling of a wave of energy going through my frontal lobe. From top of my head down towards my eyes. As far as I remember it has been around that area mostly. I remember Yogani saying that Kundalini will naturally travel where ever it's needed most. Would it be safe to say that Kundalini is purifying my reasoning center of the brain when I use "I AM"?

Or could it be working on my 3rd eye?

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on Apr 27 2015 12:32:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2015 :  4:25:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

My GPS ability was 7 years before I even knew about AYP. So what does that mean. Siddhis can come and goes with out practice? All I was doing then was just Deep breathing meditation.

Once I find a mystery that I like, I can't stop. I have to find the answer or it will drive me crazy.

Breath meditation is a spiritual practice, and spiritual practices can lead to siddhis. It is quite possible in your case this meditation was enough to gift you this way.

The thing about mysteries is "true" answers are often as elusive as the mystery itself, so that leaves you where you started, in the unknown, and your Ego verging on "crazy". Better to surrender "crazy" and enjoy the mysteries at face value before surrendering them too.

The sensation in your head is most likely related to the third eye purifying and/or the activation of your pineal gland located in that part of your head.

Edit: wording

Edited by - Dogboy on Apr 27 2015 4:27:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2015 :  4:48:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I am working on letting go and slowing down my Explorer! I love to learn new things and to explore. I read a lot of books, I just like to be well educated in topics of Finance, Politics, Psychology, and far too many to name here. I used to be called the walking dictionary by my friends.

Believe me after first hand experience with the negative side effects of opening too much too fast. I want to stay as far away from that as possible.

My interest purely lie in the understanding of how it all works. I am that type of person who needs to know. It's the only way I can let it go, some how that works for me. When I learn something useful then I usually relax and slow down. How and why that works for me I don't know.

See how did they come up with "I AM"? Where did it come from? Who tested it out? Who discovered it? Who proved it works and how does it work? Imagine yourself back in the day 50,000 years ago and your maybe one of the first people to ever do deep breathing and you discover it has other benefits and you call it deep breathing meditation. I want to know the history of yoga and how it all came to be.

Is there a great book of yoga history?

If it will take me time to get to where I want to be and know enough. How do I let this thing go? For at times it can drive me crazy up the wall!

edit-wording

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on Apr 27 2015 5:40:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2015 :  9:38:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You know that you want to run a million volts in a circuit that can handle normally only a couple of dozen, right? It takes time to purify the nervous system and train it to function fully. Can you think of a way to learn to play the violin overnight, without much practice?

And, just to lighten the mood (I hope you don't mind, it is a joke):

"The whole wide world is gift for you!"
The yogi bowed to his audacity.
The student stopped, with furrowed brow:
"Well, I would rather have a siddhi!..."

I hope you keep up the practice, and find in it fulfillment. Your world will change with the yoga practice. There is much more here than the words can say. Do not waste your talent with illusory pursuits. Surrender to the process. Your siddhi might come back or not. By the time you get there, you will probably not care one way or the other. Yoga tradition does mention that as the yogi/yogini advances, stronger temptations appear to take him/her away from the path. Your siddhi does seem to be doing just this. You get to choose what to do next.

If you like to read more books on yoga and other spiritual practices, look up the Extended Booklist (in the left column).

You are lucky to find an authentic path here. Enjoy it!

Edited by - Blanche on Apr 27 2015 11:01:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2015 :  11:31:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes that is exactly what happened! I got electrocuted. It felt nice at the time but after wards not so much.

It has been a bumpy road.

Can I practice deep breathing meditation for as long as I like? I just feel the energy flowing gently through me. I can hear my heart beat, and I can feel my heart beating through my whole body. It's very relaxing.

Thank you all for your support!
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2015 :  01:54:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by LordBuzzKill

don't know.
Is there a great book of yoga history?

Ego says, I would like to know, how it works, I would like to know everything. Grab it. In Yoga ego can not, ego lives in the future, ego lives in the past.
The yoga sutra's of Patanjali can give you all the answers, but you can not grab it with your mind.
By reading them and meditate on them (like samyama), life will be revealed, in stillness.

And then there is knowing, but where is the knower.....

Edited by - Charliedog on Apr 28 2015 02:55:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2015 :  02:32:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
If it will take me time to get to where I want to be and know enough. How do I let this thing go? For at times it can drive me crazy up the wall!

If you try so hard to grab it with the mind, it really can drive you crazy, there are enough examples in history.

So relax, enjoy your practice and wisdom will follow, step by step.
Go to Top of Page

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2015 :  09:31:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Look for a forum on the occult. The answers you will get here are distorted because your goal is powers and theirs is spiritual development. Once you're finished with your gimmicks you'll probably return anyway. Sorry to be harsh.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2015 :  11:36:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear LordBuzzKill,

There is a lot, a lot of information already on this site. You will find practically all the answers you seek here. Simply start with the key lessons. Searching the forum will also provide lots of answers.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

Vimala

France
80 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2015 :  12:30:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How do you perform the mental repetitions?

It's like you're speaking silently with slight movements of the tongue and vocal cords... or it's something like "hearing" the sounds of your thoughts?

I think that I know the title of the book that you're looking for, but I just want to know if it's the same thing.
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2015 :  2:39:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LordBuzzKill

Plenty of good advice already. Sometimes we get too much too soon without much effort and it becomes a distraction from the path. Just keep on doing the practices and the results will follow. Surrendering to the every moment and to be in silence is the best sidhi we can have. just let go why as when the time will come you will get the answers. It would n't be any delay. So keep on doing your practices results will follow.

PKJ
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2015 :  7:49:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I speak in my mind "I AM" without any physical movements. Listening to the sound of mine own thoughts.

Yes it is natural for people to miss or ignore things when they are looking for something specific. That is why I am starting all over again, from the beginning of the book.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2015 :  11:08:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Breathing meditation does promote purification, but you might need specific advice to go in deep meditation. That is, as the breath slows down and even stops, you have to switch from breath to physical sensations and then to mental "seeds" as the object of meditation - a teacher's advice makes a big difference. In comparison, mantra meditation gives you all the technique instructions you need to go in deep meditation.

You are wise to stick to beathing meditation until you feel stable to come back to mantra. And if extreme practices took you to extreme results, stable smooth practices will take you to stable smooth results. Wish you the best!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000