Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Pitta overload- Forced to change my diet quickly
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2015 :  7:58:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am posting here because I haven't been here in a long time, and only do a little DM very rarely, and my only spiritual practice is to think of God several times a day, and know everything will be taken care of. I do that practice because it keeps fear and bad thought habits away. I don't consider myself a spiritual person in general; although I follow the teachings of Jesus because it works well for me. I kinda gave up spiritual pursuits a while ago, and concentrated on just living, feeling like it was enough.

A few weeks ago, I had a very itchy rash that started small, but very quickly spread to almost my whole body, luckily sparing my face. As it spread each day, I would try different things. First cutting out all starch and sugar and taking enzymes for candida. No difference. I read online doctors probably won't find anything, so I tried anti-histamines, calamine lotion, etc.
Nothing worked until I read here about pitta overload.
It didn't make sense because there were no spiritual practices to "self pace".
As soon as I cut out all beef and pork there was a noticeable difference the next day. Then when I started a pitta diet, eating bitter greens, and taking Banyan's "Healthy Pitta", most of the itching went away. Just a bit left now, red skin, and a lot of sores from all the scratching.
The top of my right foot where it started itched so bad I scratched it until it bled and oozed clear liquid. And what's weird is clear liquid oozed from above that area also out of perfectly normal skin even more than the sore.

Anyway, that's where I stand now, I guess it's kundalini rash, but
I have no idea why, and don't feel any different than before, except the trance state like before sleep seems more accessible,
with clairvoyance I've always had, completely useless because I have no idea what I'm watching; just very clear moving pictures of people in another place or time.

So I am sticking to the pitta diet for now, and when all healed I may introduce a little meat and watch for a reaction. I don't know what the kundalini energy is for, why this happened, or what it is leading to!
It is kinda funny that I was eating a lot of chili, made of beef, red pepper and salt, and those things are exactly what provokes pitta overload.
Whenever trying vegetarian diets before I always got light headed and dizzy, but suddenly now I don't. I am eating some chicken which is on the pitta diet.

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2015 :  9:42:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ether:

Long time no see! Sorry to hear you are having some difficulty.

Some months back an addition was included with Lesson 69 on dealing with Kundalini symptoms and remedies for the new AYP Plus subscription site launching in a month or so. One of the important aspects of this addition is related to the GI track, which a pitta pacifying diet is an important part of. There are also herbal approaches, which I have explored in the past, with mixed results. Where I ended up with it may surprise you. See the Lesson addition excerpt below.

Wishing you all the best for a quick recovery!

The guru is in you.

quote:
Regarding herbal remedies, I did a lot of research on this back in the early 1990s when I was dealing with some kundalini excesses. That was long before AYP was developed with its increased understanding and many safeguards. What I found with herbs is that most of them had little effect on kundalini, with one exception -- the ones that reduced digestive acid (heat) in the GI track. I found some success with herbs there, but there were also undesirable side effects with the ones I was using, so I have never recommended herbs very much for kundalini.

Later on, I looked at more mainstream medications for reducing the digestive fire during kundalini overload episodes. There are many anti-acid medications out there, of course, so it only becomes a matter of what can work best for limited time applications during peak kundalini episodes. In my case, I found limited time use of the over-the-counter anti-acid, Tagamet (Cimetidine), to be effective for quelling kundalini episodes originating in the digestive tract.

An argument could be made that all kundalini excess experiences originate and continue in the GI track, or at least have a component of the energetic instability residing there. Symptoms can include excessive heat in the GI track and throughout the body, a tendency toward redness and rashes, excessive emotions and moods, rapid heartbeat, perspiration, pin-pricks on the skin, flowery fragrances on the breath and body, visions, psychic experiences, etc. During a period of excessive kundalini activity, any of these symptoms could be occurring without necessarily experiencing the symptoms of "acid indigestion," even though the GI track is intimately involved. Why is this?

In the AYP system, with the awakening of ecstatic conductivity and radiance, which is a gradual kundalini awakening, the inner neurobiology evolves to produce what we call the "Nectar Cycle," which is an interaction between the digestive system, sexual essences rising up, and a refined substance (nectar) coming down into the GI tract from the brain. You can find a description of it in Lesson 304. In that lesson, there is also an explanation on the relationship between lighter and heavier diets and kundalini activity, and the effect of a pitta pacifying Ayurvedic diet as well (avoiding spicy and heat-producing foods).

So, can a kundalini overload be attributed to acid indigestion? It's not that simple. Something else much more refined is going on besides simple acid indigestion. It is an early and immature (or premature) stage of the nectar cycle, where the refined digestive process is not being balanced with the rise of sexual essences or the production of nectar coming down from the brain, all being mixed and processed in the GI tract, leading to a balanced awakening of ecstatic conductivity and the eventual radiance of that into the surrounding environment. So a kundalini excess can be viewed as an early unbalanced stage of that process we call the nectar cycle. One of the ways to help quell it is to reduce the digestive fire. Hence the pitta pacifying heavier diet, and the anti-acid herb/medication.

All of this is an evolution in the body's biochemistry, and is experientially well-known to advanced yoga practitioners. What is also well-known is that abiding inner silence (witness) is the foundation of the entire process. Kundalini by itself is like a house with a weak foundation. It creaks and shakes and could fall apart at any moment. Abiding inner silence is the strong foundation that will keep the house steady and comfortable to live in for the long term.

You know, I have never put the advice to take an anti-acid medication out in the public domain, even though I have used it myself at times in the past. To some, it might not seem very yogic to take a drug anyone can get at the pharmacy. Yet, it has been helpful to me at times, with minimal side effects. And maybe it can be helpful to you as well.

In any case, I think it is important to understand what the nectar cycle is, and its possible relationship to premature or unbalanced kundalini activity. You can find more lessons on it by searching on "nectar" on the AYP Plus website, or check the topic path at the end of this lesson. In the early days of AYP, when Lesson 69 was written, the relationship between kundalini and the nectar cycle was less defined. So perhaps all of this I have written to you could be considered an update to Lesson 69.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2015 :  10:28:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Yogani!
I didn't think of trying any antacids, but the bitter greens like dandelion and collard did wonders for me.
I even ate dandelion leaves from my yard, and I could tell they were well received (no chems in my yard!)
Thanks for the reminder on inner silence. This seemed to increase that without trying!

Also I discovered on Pitta overload you can't just balance greens with fire foods like meat; you have to cut out the fire altogether because even one bite causes a reaction.
The biology of kundalini site says something about kundalini and histamine in the body which causes all the itching, maybe part of the cycle you are talking about.

I will check out your writings on the nectar cycle as there is something weird like that- not sweet nectar like i had read, but something liquid that seemed to come from the brain area a lot before this episode.
And just before this episode I would feel increasingly awful upon waking up; maybe because spinal fluid circulates and cleanses as we sleep.
Much better now! Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2015 :  02:29:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
love to you dear Ether
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2015 :  08:31:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2015 :  4:11:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wheat-grass(juice or pills) helped a good deal for me, also eating green salads each day.
The water breath seems to have a great impact as well for me: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=15161
I will try the dandelion leaves. Thanks for the suggestions Etherfish and Yogani.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2015 :  02:21:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i have an excessive pitta issue , not as serious as yours Ether
that is why i noticed i am inclined to eat more green salads
thx for the dandelion leaves and wheatgrass pills suggestion
eating yogurt helps and drinking lots of water is a must

Edited by - maheswari on Apr 24 2015 02:34:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2015 :  10:01:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello friends,

saw this thread just by chance. Ways to make food and water alkaline have increased over the last years very much.

Minerals, like calcium, magnesium etc. are alkaline and can be found both in water and food, especially rich in seeds, like poppy seeds, chia seeds etc.

Making water alkaline can happen by adding bicarbonate of soda, or by ionizing the water:

It can be built pretty cheaply by oneself or there are buyable devices from cheap to dramatically expensive. In general you put water into a pot, you need a membrane in between two chambers in this pot and with the help of some electricity chlor and other elements go to one chamber and magnesium, calcium, kalium etc. go to the other, resulting in two waters, one acidic, one alkaline.

In general drinking more water can help pacify both sides.

Other than that continuing intense reactions like that I have not experienced so far in this journey, therefore happy and smooth progress to all!
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2015 :  6:48:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it could be related to alkalinity, because the things that helped me most were 1)cut out meat (except chicken) and 2) bitter greens, both which contribute to alkalinity. Alkalinity tastes bitter.

I was even helped along by low class Walmart canned bitter greens; "Glory" brand collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens, and Kale, all of which are "Southern style" containing meat broth and salt, no-no's on Yogani's pitta overload diet. I think it has very little meat broth.
But then Maheswari said yogurt helped, which is also a no-no.
The list wasn't written by Yogani; just one he had.
But if you look online, there is a lot of variation.
I think everyone may be different.
Some lists say salt is a no-no; others say drink a lot of water and replenish electrolytes, one of which is salt.

For me just red chili peppers, beef and pork, seem to be the primary triggers.

Other weird stuff:
I worked all day in the sun up against a reflective wall, and no reaction, but I kept hydrated and electrolytes. I use Alacer Electro-mix sugar free, same people who make Emergen C.

But the other day i took a hot bath, and radical flare-up reaction. It feels wonderful; as if it creates itching and scratches it at the same time, but I paid later; itching and break out. So keep cool, even if you feel cold, don't use heat outside your body heat, but sun may be an exception?

So for anyone else with Pitta overload, I would suggest cut out meat, eat bitter greens, and try little bits of anything else. If it's bad you should get a reaction within an hour or two.

Green juices seem to help also. I like Sambazon purifying greens drink or Naked brand Kale blazer.

Edited by - Etherfish on Apr 29 2015 07:36:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2015 :  02:57:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i guess everyone is a bit different...
quote:
even if you feel cold, don't use heat outside your body heat,

this was my experience too in winter
quote:
but sun may be an exception?

this is NOT my experience.The sun is still making my face turn red although i use sunscreen with high SPF ,not as much as before (i had rosacea due to kundalini since few months)but surely more than the usual me
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2015 :  08:08:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks maheswari.

I wonder if the sun didn't bother me because I was very active physically? I was 20 feet up on a lift, drilling concrete, fastening conduit and HEAVY lights on a concrete wall. I wasn't using my tool belt, so every few seconds bending over to pick up things, all day. So drinking water flexing and sweating which eliminates toxins, and possibly mental and physical activity may divert energy? I have found activity and distraction to be the best thing for pitta overload, second to diet change.
But who knows? I'm not going to be the one to test the theory- it's too uncomfortable.

Interesting; I've had rosacea a little off and on for years; it comes and goes but rarely. Maybe I had a kundalini problem for years, hiding it by my meat and decadent diet. Maybe that's why not eating meat caused dizziness? Maybe candida helps hide it? It was right after a major candida treatment that the pitta hit me like a brick wall, and suddenly stopping meat doesn't make me dizzy.

Anyway, I can't make any definite statements; just living day to day- a small breakout again this morning, probably from eating jalapenos yesterday- edited them from my post above where I thought they were ok.

PS how do I know it's not something medical? Because I tried EVERYTHING else before ayurveda; I thought it couldn't be spiritual because I hardly do any practices; nothing to self pace. But then pitta diet worked where drugs and salves did not.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2015 :  08:38:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Etherfish

The fact that you don't do any practices doesn't necessarily mean your K can't surprise you.

I had a break of many years in my yoga practice (not because I wanted to, but because I was not able to find an advanced yoga teacher). My K kept doing things nevertheless. With hindsight, not having a meditation practice all those years was not good for me. I think the silence would have balance the energy.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2015 :  6:14:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
FYI simply eating lots of chili pepper, in and of itself, can lead to these symptoms. You may not need the full pitta diet. If I were you, I'd just nix the chili (and alcohol, too). Those two are far and away the biggest issues.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2015 :  7:53:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Jim,
Yes I already nixed the chili; that was a test to see if green was OK and not red, but back to no chili at all. I have found I need the whole pitta diet though; especially beef and pork cause a radical reaction, and bitter greens help a lot but only if beef and pork are gone. In an earlier test, just two bites of beef caused a radical 24 hour reaction so I'm being very careful now. Chicken seems to have no reaction so far; so once a day chicken and lots of greens the rest of the time.

This is a very weird time for me; I thought I had a candida problem; I have always had blood sugar issues, and white starches and sugar gave me a bad low blood sugar reaction. So I cut them out completely and took anti-candida enzymes. I felt very tired, but calm. Then pitta overload hit; I traced it to meat, and suddenly starches and sugar have no bad effect anymore, but red meat does. Now I am not tired, and have plenty of energy even if I eat just greens for breakfast, but I have an insatiable appetite.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 07 2015 :  07:16:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maheswari was right;
Sun is bad for pitta overload.

I worked another day in the sun and got a bad reaction.

Looking back to the first day in the sun, I hadn't cured the diet problem yet, which makes much more difference than staying out of the sun, so I didn't recognize the sun heat as being a problem.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 08 2015 :  06:22:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - May 13 2015 :  4:52:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree Sun agrevates Pitta for me as well. Yogurt as per Pitta is not good. I like to make the yogurt sweet when taking. Warm Milk with cardmom is cooling as well. One more thing which helps me is Chawan Paras which i take it with milk and it is really helpfull.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - May 15 2015 :  4:00:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
pkj, which brand of chawanparas do you use? Or do you make it yourself?

Also, chawanparas is not generally considered a reducer of pitta (though neither does it increase it). What gave you the idea to use it for pitta overload?
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - May 31 2015 :  06:10:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have some good results with turmeric and milk. Also cleans the blood and the liver, such a great herb.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000