Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Morality of Sex and Yoga?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nacho3036

Chile
6 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  6:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys. I've been in seductions comunity for quite a long now. For those who don't now that is a comunity that teaches you to attract women to have sex. Well I started studying gnostic teachings and developed an anti-sex mentality.

In the pasy I was really into D/s relationships. But with gnosticism saying that this was sin I kind of wanted to get overed it. I think that in the time this fantasies lowered my consciusness but with most of them being "cleaned up" with yoga I feel that they havent the same power over me. But deep inside I still want to have this fantasies.
My question is, is there any morality in practicing tantra? Can we have multiple tantra partners? Can we practice fantasies like d/s relationships without ir being a sin? Or with the practices of yoga all this desires will be burned and I will have no sexual desire?

FakeYogi

India
100 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  01:50:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Whoa! At first seduction community put things in your head. Then Gnosticism put something else. Then you are looking for aypsite to put some something else. Why not atleast come up with your own answers and share it with the others here?
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  07:15:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Fake yogi is right that more opinions and justifications are not going to ease your burden. It is said written above the Gates of Heaven is "Know Thyself". Yoga can help by immersing you in the Inner Silence, where you are close to the Source and where all answers reside. Right now your desires are pulling you this way, and your Ego pulling you that way. It's time to go inside, and over time, you will be attuned to your true path through your devotion to yoga and self inquiry, and you will learn about what drives your desires and what to do about them. No outside influence can or should do that for you.

Good luck and good yoga!

Edit: wording

Edited by - Dogboy on Apr 19 2015 10:43:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  07:48:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi nacho 3036,

Agree with Dogboy and fakeYogi.
If you would like to find yourself, yoga can be a good start. The more you practice, the more you will find the freedom to make your own choices. Find your inner silence, not interrupted by fantasy and thoughts. AYP can help you, steady practice is needed.
Go to Top of Page

nacho3036

Chile
6 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  4:03:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wow this was so eye opening, thank you guys, I must find the answers for myself.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  5:01:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI nacho3036

Good luck on your journey.

A couple of clarifications about tantra:
Traditionally, tantra has been associated with celibacy. It allows yogis to channel their energy away from reproductive sex and in support of their spiritual path.
Tantric sex is neither moral nor immoral. It is a tool - it depends what you do with it. It can take a loving relationship to new depths or it can be used selfishly/destructively (as in using other people).

It's a good idea to read the Tantra lessons on this website and – as others suggested - come to your own conclusions.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Apr 19 2015 5:25:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dennis

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  2:09:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nacho3036

FakeYogi said it well that you are too involved with obeying the 'rules' of various disciplines and going back and forth. You mention sin. What constitutes sin? It varies so much from country to country, religion to religion that it's almost impossible to figure out. I've read that you're ok as long as you're not harming someone's spiritual progress. It might even be that killing someone to protect them from accumulating bad karma (maybe a terrorist) is helping their spiritual progress and therefore is not a sin. We have a lot of soldiers out there. Are they all sinning? This is a topic for greater minds than mine.

To your question of a D/S relationship, IMHO there is nothing wrong or sinful in that. In fact, the act of submitting to someone is is at the heart of many religions and can bring about great happiness. You're not so involved with your own issues but concentrate on someone else. One of my favorite sayings is "When you forget yourself, you remember God". Of course the religions want you to 'submit' (or surrender) to their diety but it's much better to submit to your partner. A diety isn't giving you hugs and kisses and other feedback that make submitting so much easier. I have heard of many people in D/S relationships that have been helped emotionally far more that psychotherapy would have helped.

The bottom line for me is that everything is good as long as you're not harming someones spiritual progress and that you don't get so attached to something that your spiritual progress is harmed.

To your question of multiple partners, I believe Osho encouraged this. I have heard of other tantric practices that do it. In effect, love the one you're with. So as long as love is involved, I think multiple partners is ok.

But, if you're married, playing around with a third party usually ends in disaster, and divorce.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2015 :  04:59:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with what everybody else said, above, and would just like to add:

Gnostic dualism - to put it very simply, "spirit is good, matter is bad" - has managed to pervade nearly all the spiritual traditions of East and West. It includes the idea that in order to be "spiritual," we must escape from our bodies, especially sexuality.

While most yogic schools embrace that duality (whether explicitly or implicitly), classical tantra yoga weaves all of our sensory experience, including sexuality, together with our spirituality in an offering to the Divine Source from which everything material or spiritual arises. Celibate tantra employs sexual energy (kundalini) in seated meditative practices while tantric sex with a partner involves the same energy, and the end result is purification, ecstatic conductivity and Oneness with the Source.

Morality is another matter related to integrity, honesty, and treating others as you would want to be treated. Using spiritual practices to seduce women is questionable from a moral standpoint, IMO.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000