AYPsite.org Forum
 Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Adyashanti: Feeling Cut Off From "The Norm"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2015 :  9:00:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Question from a Radio Adyashanti broadcast:

"Sometimes I feel cut off from what we call 'the norm'."

Adyashanti's reply:

Be grateful! I imagine "the norm" as being the state of ego consciousness that we meet in the world any time we walk into it. And you can feel cut off from that perspective. When you see through a more unified view, you're no longer aligned with "the norm".

It doesn't mean you're superior to the norm, but you definitely see things different from the norm.

Your mind may notice that and say "Wow, I don't fit in quite like I used to!". Well, of course! That's why you wanted to awaken! The reason you wanted to awaken was because you did fit in with the "norm" of deluded, identified, egoic consciousness. That was the norm! And that's what you woke up from! And remember that that's what you wanted to do! Now you look around and say "Oh, that's the norm....and I don't really fit into that as much." And it's true! So be grateful!

And even though you may not fit in with the norm, in the sense of the normal perspective of egoic consciousness, when you stop paying close attention to that, you find that you connect with all beings at a non-verbal level. You can connect with anything and anybody at a non-verbal level, intuitively and immediately. You can still connect with the whole world of human beings. But you're probably not going to connect through the norm of egoic consciousness anymore. The opportunity is to connect through the presence and the love of a unified heart. In other words, you can connect with that within someone over there that's exactly the same as you here. And you don't need them to understand, or to even be aware, but you just connect with it. And you can feel it! And all of a sudden there is an intimacy there.

Whether you share the same perspective at that point stops mattering so much. Because something really deep and instinctive within us really desires is to connect; to feel a deep connection.

Yes, part of becoming more conscious is that you can no longer connect with the egoic perspective the way you used to. But you can connect at a much more fundamental, intuitive, non-verbal level. And if your mind ever regrets this, remind it: "Remember? This is what you wanted!" Be grateful that you're not lost in the egoic state of consciousness anymore. Be happy for it.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Apr 18 2015 09:19:11 AM

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  02:07:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

thank you for sharing Jim
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  05:00:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The cloak i wear is too heavy
the veil only reveals a face and not the soul
the mirror a reflection of the transient state
the self shows itself by degrees
unity being a process of losing the unreal
thoughts of the me the mine wear thin
the gratefull heart opens
a bloom a flower once a bud reaches for light
open now to all the elements
watchfull of beating rain
the other participants in the space of existence
becoming through conviction something
different from all about yet the same.

Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  05:28:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanky you Jim - a very simple message from Adyashanti, yet so important and useful in many daily situation where we feel disconnected from the others / the norm.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  09:24:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice, KUL. Who wrote it?
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  2:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The guru in me .
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  4:00:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, nice job, then. I particularly like "unity being a process of losing the unreal." Lots of people think this is an additive process. They're gaining spiritual know-how and energy, they're getting better and more powerful, they're learning stuff, etc. When, really, it's subtractive. Dropping baggage, alas, can easily come to feel like a doing rather than a letting. And that only makes it harder when it comes time for even the dropper to drop! :)

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Apr 18 2015 4:01:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  4:34:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i think patanjali really called it a wearing away a thining of the veil of ignorance a remembering of the first impression of the eternal ,all the poetry written by my guru reflects the state of being reached through the practice of yoga and a desire for a higher truth a connection of words inspired by others who also search for the same not a love of the material but a love of god ,krishna gave me this revelation through the gita i always knew it but had to hear why and how this worked and now i know my path is set, although liberation seems a distant mirage as i suppose when it becomes so, it will disappear before my eyes.many blessing to you jim
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  11:36:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bravo, Kumar.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  04:08:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice KUL
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  05:17:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kumar ul islam

The cloak i wear is too heavy
the veil only reveals a face and not the soul
the mirror a reflection of the transient state
the self shows itself by degrees
unity being a process of losing the unreal
thoughts of the me the mine wear thin
the gratefull heart opens
a bloom a flower once a bud reaches for light
open now to all the elements
watchfull of beating rain
the other participants in the space of existence
becoming through conviction something
different from all about yet the same.

Thank you for sharing your inner guru Kumar
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000