Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Parkinson's
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Prem

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  5:12:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Prem's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have a student newly DX Parkinson's. I want to help her build a safe practice. She comes to asana class and then stays for our AYP portion. Any advice as far as any contraindications or cautions? Thank you

Edited by - Prem on Apr 08 2015 5:12:24 PM

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2015 :  06:31:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Prem,
In my experience the most important thing you may need to do is guide and support them,just as you would with anyone without these problems.Listen carefully to their experiences so that they do not end up in a place of overloading or bad experiences.We all have different experiences and some of us have few or no problems. Others may suffer greatly of have experiences that frighten us.Self pacing assisted by your guidance and support are extremely important.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000