Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Lungs burning after neck stretching
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  05:30:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Of course, the cause must be a kundalini side-effect

But the reasons of this subject are that:

1. It does not happen during the practices but a few seconds after I start stretching my neck (forward)
2. It does not have the mint effect of the prana
3. It seems to come from the above (Shiva?)
4. I started asanas days ago and of course it must have help all this energy flow...

The first times (I also felt it in the heart the first time but no more), it was pleasant but now it is really hot even though still bearable.
Is it really prana or shiva or something else ?

Finally, being a smoker, I am wondering if it is good for my lungs

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  07:15:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I suspect the burning sensations have to do with the damage to the lungs done by smoking.
Are you still a smoker?
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  07:18:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I am
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  08:50:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps the time is approaching when you will have to make a choice.
Yoga has a way of shining a light on all our harmful behaviours. If you keep smoking and doing yoga, don't be surprised if the burning becomes more and more uncomfortable.
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  09:12:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
God knows I have tried to quit smoking but I can't
This is also why I have so much expectation in yoga to solve the spiritual issue being responsible for my smoking !

So this is not a prana nor a kundalini effect which could only be emphazised by an organic issue ?

I was just wondering if it could not be a healing sign as practices are also supposed to heal the body and mind ?
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  09:42:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it is a healing sign. Two things are happening: One is is an increased awareness of your own body (including - inevitably - awareness of trouble spots). The second is that the body has more resources/energy to put into healing itself. You can call it prana.

You may find your attempts to quit smoking will take you further now that you're doing yoga. And I say "attempts" because, as far as I know, it takes many attempts (on average seven, I heard) to kick the habit. I'd keep trying if I were you. Use whatever aids are available - nicotine patches, self-suggestion, whatever it takes. If you've started to develop some inner silence from meditation, you will be able to relate to the craving in a different way and find it easier not to give in.

I hope you'll find your way to a solution
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000