New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2015 :  9:50:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back Technoyogi.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2015 :  10:43:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ditto
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2015 :  4:16:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Technoyogi, nice to read you again - and glad that you are doing well!

I was missing your posts, as sure do other members. Actually I was thinking about posting a post here to ask if you were still around.
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2015 :  01:28:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
[Kechari Mudra and internal Nadi Shodhana]

So after having backed off about 6 months ago on Kechari, recently started back up with it. It just felt right and so I added it back in.

In the process I have also learned a lot more about the anatomy and chamber that is the nasal pharynx.

My tongue has come to feel how one nostril or the other tends to have a flap or membrane that covers it causing this natural constriction - thus the flow of our roughly 2 hour cycle throughout the day - right nostril - left nostril dominant and back again, etc.

I find this *fascinating*... having previously assumed that it was mucous buildup or something... nay! There is something like a natural valve system. I will see if I can dig up a picture of this. Or better yet, a video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppnUwvR9x6I

So at 17 seconds in labels pop up, and the upper right has a bean looking thing labeled IT. Well, notice the bean thing is not in the left side of the screen. That thing is what naturally blocks the nose, and it alternates every 90 minutes to 2 hours or so. Though, I guess in a fully enlightened human it might never block them as the winds would always be in the central channel? Hmmmm...

So now I will even outside of formal sitting time, occasionally take the time to re-balance the winds a bit by doing nadi shodhana internally. I often start by doing just one nostril to sort of balance vs the one that was closed, then go to doing both. This is also nice when awakening in the morning... I need not even move my hands or body position, but can begin balancing the winds in such a sensual and calming way.

The crown is activated a lot more than usual by this practice, and ecstatic conductivity has risen. Meditation goes deeper. Breath is less necessary (supposedly something to do with cutting off the nerves in the back of the throat in a way that mimics when we are babies having fluid in our mouth... interesting if so...)

This Kechari is such a wonderful mudra... it is something I share with people in conversation selectively at times with the hope they will someday use it as well... as it happened 2 years ago to the typist, the curiosity behind which was actually the impetus for finding AYP if memory serves.

Edited by - technoyogi on Oct 28 2015 02:15:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2015 :  02:13:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2015 :  08:34:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Though, I guess in a fully enlightened human it might never block them as the winds would always be in the central channel? Hmmmm...

Hi Technoyogi,

Interesting words, this is what I am wondering about for some time, I see the symbols and nadi's Ida and Pingala as dualism and time bound. Sushumna the central channel as non dualism, so if breath is alway's in sushumna's Brahma nadi there is no dualism anymore, eternity is. In other words, ego is transformed completely.

Just only my wonderings......thanks for sharing the physical side, and your journal

Edited by - Charliedog on Oct 28 2015 11:11:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2015 :  7:35:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Techno Kechari!
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2015 :  04:21:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great comments everyone! And Bodhi I had a big laugh about Techno Kechari lol :-)
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2015 :  10:49:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent video it took me a second to realize it is upside down but this is exactly what I thought it would look like from Kechari.

On the topic if anyone here has access to medical equipment or is part of some sort of a grant for medical researching to do with reading brain waves and nervous system changes from Yoga related activities etc...

I would love to volunteer to take part in a study even if it includes MRI and other scans to document the changes the human nervous system undergoes during practices involving Kechari forming as a result of the practice.

Subjectively there is a huge change for me as the practitioner.

Have to put this out there who knows if there is a person doing a doctorate or something or may choose to some day and comes across a willing volunteer.

Please do contact me would like to contibute to humanities knowledge base, as well as satisfy my own curisity also.

Edited by - So-Hi on Oct 29 2015 11:08:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2015 :  11:28:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting stuff!

By the way: my kinesiology therapist sometimes ask me to perform kechari mudra during therapy. He does not call it kechari, of course, but as I asked him to explain what that "tongue posture" is supposed to be for, well, what he explained was very much in line with the AYP lessons.
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2015 :  8:47:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I will keep my eyes and ears out So-Hi, I'd love to see this done too. The closest thing I have seen is the Xray images of the guy in Kechari.

Ecdyonurus - interesting, seems modern science is catching up to yoga bit by bit in this area. I just read a fascinating article yesterday all about the tongue and it's benefits to learning and neuroplasticity:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nicolef...reakthrough/
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2015 :  8:49:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Superbrain Yoga and "Kechari Squats", interesting... wonder how they came up with this:

http://www.wikihow.com/Do-Superbrain-Yoga
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2015 :  02:14:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Technoyogi, it is not surprising that yoga and modern science lead to similar "discoveries": both analize/observe action-reaction on the humans; the yogis did it by direct awareness using one's own senses, science did it by the mean of hi tech tools.
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2015 :  4:22:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting article, I am newly fascinated by this guy:

http://www.newbrainnewworld.com/?Aw...nd_the_Brain
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2015 :  3:22:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This guy Itzhak Bentov was a true "technoyogi". He was probably the first person to describe consciousness and the universe as a hologram, and he was speaking from his own deep meditative experiences.

He may also have been the first to look at the physiological scientific aspects of kundalini, looking at things such as how the heart beats and creates pressure waves that go out into the body and actually cause the brain to move up and down and how when we stop breathing (kumbakha, the breathless samadhi state) our vibrations *literally* synchronize at around 7hz (the heartbeat frequency of the Earth's ionosphere) and become smoothed out, etc.

His books and videos on Youtube are fasincating, I'm glad I found him!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000