Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Gastrointestinal Effects?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2015 :  03:30:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi, first post here.

Just started following Yogani about a month ago and have listened to all audiobooks. Have meditated daily now for about 30 days with 5 min of spinal breathing pranayama followed by meditation for at least 10 or more minutes, sometimes twice per day. Many energetic experiences, feelings of my crown and brain being massaged, some experiences where I lost distinction between what was my body and what was not and got something like telescopic 3d vision if that makes sense, experiences of viewing my internal energy systems, etc.

Now, I have also noticed increased gurgling in my stomach and belching. This is not entirely out of the ordinary though for physical reasons, I have a hiatal hernia apparently. Yet, I have had it for years probably, so the recent increase in activity makes me wonder if it is related to the practices.

As further background, I think I had a large Kundalini experience in November of 2013, it was like a full body energtic light filled "orgasm" at night during which I willed myself out of my body and floated around my apartment and into the neighbors apartment. Have been having OBEs or lucid dreams on average about once a week or more ever since.

I now understand that the OBE is likely a type of siddhi and could be a bit of a distraction on the path to enlightenment. Though, in my case, had it not happened I likely would not even be seeking enlightenment in the first place, as it RADICALLY changed my world view, to say the least.

Anyway, rambling a bit, I guess my main question was what kind of gastrointestinal effects occur. I have read something about a nectar cycle and wonder if that is related to this as well. Will sign off for now, but any thoughts are appreciated! Thanks :-)

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2015 :  05:54:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello technoyogi, welcome to the forum!

Yes, the gurgling is part of the transformation triggered by practices. It's a sign of progress. Have you read Lesson 51 - Pranayama Q&A – Strange gurglings ?
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2015 :  4:43:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is really informative, thanks! I can't say I have gotten the "mint glow" referred to yet, but definitely seems like something is up down there in general!

quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Hello technoyogi, welcome to the forum!

Yes, the gurgling is part of the transformation triggered by practices. It's a sign of progress. Have you read Lesson 51 - Pranayama Q&A – Strange gurglings ?

Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2015 :  5:13:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi also have a hiatus hernia not good for some of the asanas ,the gurgling i do put down to practice the belching probarbly the bending or eating too much before sitting or something that aggravates the acid in the stomach be gentle with yourself.
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2015 :  5:47:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Kumar, do you know which asanas we should avoid? I know that certain inverted poses are probably bad as we would get reflux.

My thought now is to start trying to direct the prana to heal the hernia.

I managed to cure chronic acid reflux (as in it was waking me 3 or more times a night) using lucid dreaming, so I know that if we can direct the prana correctly it should be possible :-)
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  05:07:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi technoyogi,

Welcome to this forum!

quote:
Originally posted by kumar ul islam

hi i do put down to practice the belching probarbly the bending or eating too much before sitting or something that aggravates the acid in the stomach be gentle with yourself.

I agree with kumar, it's best imho to avoid eating minimal of 2 hours before practicing ! You have more benefits from your practice if your digestion, intestines and stomach doesn't have to work at the same time as practice takes place.

(in that way the gurgling still is there but not the food and acid )

Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  05:21:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
After 3 months of practices, my gurgling noises have almost disappeared during the practices even though they still are an indication on some occasions that something good happens.

Often, you may have diarrhea the next day.
This is a good sign also to me.

In my own case, the gurgling noises have then been replaced by a sensation of an energy vortex with an internal buzzing sound (which resonates inside) : difficult to describe ;)

Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  11:47:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
WARNING: Bodily functions discussion follows:

Yeah gurgling mostly went away for me also though some days it definitely fires back up. And yes, I get diarrhea fairly often but not in a bad way I guess you could say. While on the topic of bodily secretions lol, not sure if this is related but it seems like when I urinate there is less and it is more clear.
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  07:10:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Curious thing : I got a tiny gastroenteritis few days ago and I can once again feel my bowels move like when I started ?!

Did it kill all the chemistry related to prana?
I am wondering... but I can still feel prana so that is weird...

Or this is mere coincidence while reaching a milestone
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2016 :  08:46:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can look at http://biologyofkundalini.com to find more about the biological mechanics of the transformations and how to support the body.
Turmeric is a great herb btw
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000