AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Meditating more than twice a day
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

swordsaint

29 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2015 :  9:50:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys,
I was wondering if it was ok to meditate more than twice a day just for a few days as I've had some difficulty sleeping last few days, and overall theres a lot of work load/stress that is going on right now. I did meditation this morning and it was such a relief, I'm aching to get another session done is it ok to do one more session in the afternoon and another in the evening for a few days. It just felt so good!

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2015 :  01:21:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum SS. More than 2 sessions is not recommended unless it is the weekend or light work load or in a holiday setting. The guru is within you
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2015 :  06:07:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Swordsaint

Mantra meditation is not recommended, however there are a body/mind relaxation I've used in the past in getting (or returning) to sleep that has helped. You lay comfortably on your back with eyes closed and relax your body slowly from the feet up: "I rest my feet; my feet are rested." Pause. "I rest my ankles; my ankles are rested." Etc. By the time you have reached your head, you are in a completely relaxed state. Hope that helps
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2015 :  06:28:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Swordsaint, when life gets hard, the best thing to do is to face your problem(s), not to escape by inceasing spiritual practices. Sorry for this statement, may sound hard, but that is what I had to learn myself.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2015 :  07:32:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello swordsaint

Have you checked Yogani's Lesson 193 - Extending practice time safely

All the best
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2015 :  10:36:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Hello swordsaint

Have you checked Yogani's Lesson 193 - Extending practice time safely

All the best

Hi BlueRaincoat, I don't agree. The lesson you quote is for practitioners who are well balanced and have some extra time for additional practices. Swordsaint states to be sleeping poorly and experiencing stress.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2015 :  10:58:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ecdyonurus

Lesson 193 is not necessarily an encouragement to step up practices.

quote:
Any change should be done very gradually, only five minutes at a time, with each step stabilized and sustained as part of your regular routine over weeks and months.

quote:
There is a way to systematically increase meditation and all practices if you have no responsibilities on a weekend, holiday, or are retired.

quote:
Being free of responsibilities is very important to do this, or it can also lead to discomfort and unpleasant experiences because so much is being released from inside.

My thinking was that swordsaint should have the information and judge for himself.

I understand that you see this situation as requiring caution. I agree with you.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Feb 24 2015 11:16:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2015 :  12:47:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BlueRaincoat, you are right, the lesson itself is actually very clear about the prerequisites one should have for doing more than two rounds a day. By the way, thank you for quoting that lessons - I must have skipped that one, or I simply did not remember it. Maybe in another life I will have enhough time to do more practices... in this one it does not seem possible.
Go to Top of Page

swordsaint

29 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  10:32:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all so much for your kind advice, thank you also for answering swiftly. I just maintained my twice a day sessions..but I brought it forward a few hours and it felt like such a relief. However I could not even do it more than twice as I felt already very relaxed from it. I'm going to try and get some good sleep tonight and see how I feel in the morning. The stress in todays and yesterdays work was much reduced due to the consistent two rounds of meditation in both those days.

Thank you all. I'm truly grateful for such strong support from you all in this forum!
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  11:37:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very good news - glad things are fine for you! . Keep us updated.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000