Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Are these Kundalini side effects?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

charger

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2015 :  11:15:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So about a year ago I woke up one night with what i believe was a kundalini awakening. I had burning in my right arm and specifically in my pinky finger. Shortly after that I noticed that during the day my right hand would get cool to the touch. I had other people feel my hand and they agreed that it felt cold. I was worried it might be a circulation issue so went to the doctor. He did a variety of tests and could find nothing wrong. Said to come back if it got painful or I started to lose feeling. After my so called awakening I backed way off on my daily practices. I found that it super charged my system to much. I still do a couple sitting practices a month but not anything regular.

My question is I noticed the coldness in my right hand goes away after awhile not doing sitting practices. When I start up again the coldness comes back. Also sometimes i will wake up at night my right arm will be completely numb. Pretty much paralyzed. But if I stop my practices these symptoms go away. I have never read anything like this on the AYP forums or else where so wanted to get the forums view on it. I worry some if the problem will get worse if I continue to do sitting practices.

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2015 :  06:41:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Charger, welcome!

From your experimentation, one could conclude it was related to a purification symptom of nascent kundalini. If it is truly debilitating or painful, then reducing practice might be in order. If it is merely uncomfortable, or something of note, then continue with practice. Symptoms come and go as the process of purification continues. No two yogis have the exact same experience.

To me it sounds like fear has driven you to practically eliminate practice which, in my humble opinion, is an overreaction. I suggest returning to a twice daily routine and test the boundries of this symptom before you give up meditation all together. If mantra meditation is too strong then go with breath meditation, or reduce the duration of each sit. Of course, honor what your Guru guides you to do; it just seems a shame to quit before you really get started
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2015 :  06:49:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Charger,

Is it possible that the way you are sitting in meditation is blocking something in your right shoulder ? Maybe you can try a different pose for a period or lying down when you practice and see if the same issue appears.

Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2015 :  12:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Frankly to me this does not sound like kundalini side effects although some of your practice may exacerbate it. The pinky finger thing is very telling. The long nerve in the neck/arm is compromised in some way. It's very likely that something is going on up in your neck area and if you only went to an MD he/she may not be able to assess this properly. Get a referral from your doc for a physical therapist and also see a chiropractor. Perhaps acupuncture would help a great deal with the pain. A Reiki therapist may help as well because although it's sounds like it's mostly physical obviously your practices may be stirring something as well. Good luck.

Edited by - LittleTurtle on Feb 21 2015 12:34:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

RSS

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2015 :  8:51:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit RSS's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Charger,
I had something similar. From 3 o'clock in the morning until I got out of bed my hands and fingers would both have a pins and needles feeling like I had slept on them the wrong way. It was pretty intense. I have no idea what this was. It happened every single day for about 2 months and then went away. During this time period I was doing Siddasana with a lot of heel pressure (to the point that it would feel very uncomfortable after 30 minutes). I stopped the intense pressure on the perineum and in about 2 weeks it went away. I'm not sure it was related but I don't know what else it would be. I'm going to try it again in a few weeks to see if it happens again. Maybe there are nerves that are being pinched down there which somehow relate to the hands.
Go to Top of Page

charger

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2015 :  11:59:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all the replies. I am a little fearful of the problem. If it was just the discomfort I wouldn't worry to much. My worry is from a straight physics standpoint the only thing that would make the hand cooler was reduced blood flow. Why their is reduced blood flow is up for debate but my thought is it can't be a good thing long term so I reduced my practice.

Its sort of hard to get correct medical advice on the issue. Most doctors are going to look at the issue from a straight medical standpoint. If you bring yoga/kundalini into the picture they will look at you crazy. At least in my neck of the woods. My personal opinion is this isn't 100% kundalini but is defiantly related somehow. Its interesting to think of this as a problem nerve issue going on in my neck that kundalini is amplifying.
Go to Top of Page

kart12345

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - May 27 2015 :  10:29:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been recently in the kundalini practice... One day(not night) it was not time to sleep but i din't have any job to do so I laid on the bed thinking about something randomly n just about to go deep into sleep.. Suddenly someone woke me up by pattinging on my spine behind the abdomen i looked around but nobody was there so i slept again...this has continued..after some time again tapped me on my neck then after on head(felt like) shock. And next....behind my heart(from back) patteded me. Exactly where the chakras are located.... I think I'm in the way. What is this and which level am I now? Can anybody tell me please......

Edited by - kart12345 on May 27 2015 10:58:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Toto

Norway
20 Posts

Posted - May 28 2015 :  07:37:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kart12345

I have been recently in the kundalini practice... One day(not night) it was not time to sleep but i din't have any job to do so I laid on the bed thinking about something randomly n just about to go deep into sleep.. Suddenly someone woke me up by pattinging on my spine behind the abdomen i looked around but nobody was there so i slept again...this has continued..after some time again tapped me on my neck then after on head(felt like) shock. And next....behind my heart(from back) patteded me. Exactly where the chakras are located.... I think I'm in the way. What is this and which level am I now? Can anybody tell me please......

It can be a sign of what may come. like Gopi Krishna that had a beautiful naked woman visit him before his kundalini activation. Guess it's unique for every person. You wil know sooner or later. From my experience I surrendered to it. I saw a opening between thoughts . I kind of jump into it or it draw me into it. We all stay in the way. Best thing is to be quiet and stil. Or just be with yourselves.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000