Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Inspired by Lesson 255
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  8:09:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

I feel drawn to offer a short term course locally based on the concepts in AYP. I am sure many others are doing similar programs in your local community. Could you kindly share your experiences, successes, hicups along the way.
I have a few questions. Please feel free to add any other points if it merrits addition.
Is it better to have an 8-week program or a 12-week program?
What do we cover in each session? How long should the duration of each session be?
Should the group be large or small
Suppose deep meditation is covered in one session, can SBP be covered in the next session but participants told to wait for 4 weeks or more (self pacing) before they can incorporate it into their daily routine.
Has anybody taught children based on the ideas presented in lesson 256? Can you share your experiences so far?

I am all ears. Thanks for any thoughts/views in this regard

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2015 :  6:07:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi jusmail

i haven't got any experience running a yoga class, but i have tried a few yoga teachers over the years.

I think it would be good if new techniques were introduced more or less at the times students were ready to take them on - this is something the online course can’t do whereas a teacher one meets in person can.

Do your courses have to be short ones?
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2015 :  12:15:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks BlueRaincoat for your reply. I was thinking of structuring it somewhat on the theme of stress management. Later on, based on the response, I was thinking of introducing AYp system. Will wait for some more replies to see any fresh ideas.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2015 :  1:06:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jusmail,

Carson created a very nice powerpoint that goes over meditation, the benefits and I have updated it. The presentation is more related to it's effects on individuals and how companies have benefited from it.

The presentation includes lessons for DM, SBP, Samyama, Mindfulness and the role of the emotional body, Insight Dialogue and The Work by Byron Katie which I am getting to teach at work this year!

Please send me an email if you would like to have a copy of it.

Edited by - jonesboy on Jan 28 2015 1:16:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2015 :  06:29:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello jonesboy,
Sent you an email but haven't heard from you. My email id is username here (at) gmail (dot) com
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2015 :  08:42:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have it all at work and I will get it to you on Monday I promise.

Sorry for the delay
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000