AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 k seizures
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2014 :  4:04:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I had a k seizure in class, it was crazy big. happened in savasana.

this has happened before but never in class and never at this magnitude.

report: asanas, then brief pranayama with the mudras, then mantra w enhancements for about 3-4 minutes.

samadhi in med, then moved to rest. felt whirling energy currents in infinite directions. I relaxed into it, then felt the approach of a huge blast of prana from the direction of the feet. this is all pretty typical and doesn't lead to overloading.

the blast of prana went up the spine to the crown and my body went berserk. literally leapt off the floor a couple times before I clamped down.

I felt fine, still feel fine. no overwhelming ecstasy or bliss, all within normal levels. no weird symptoms besides the "seizurey" feeling. feel like could happen again now if I relax.

it was very matter of fact, no intense thoughts or emotions or ecstasy, which is what I would associate with overload. just like being electrocuted. very physical, and similar feeling to automatic mudras which I get daily.

I wonder what's going on here. obviously I'm taking measures to pace and ground.

this just doesn't seem normal, and furthermore a lot of the more extreme symptoms I see here seem outside the range of even very intense k conditions. I have to admit its a bit worrisome.

Dogboy

USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2014 :  4:46:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey TTN

It was just August when you were saying "Dude, where's my practice?" (http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=14548). Have you changed anything between then and now?
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2014 :  5:28:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

Was this around the full moon? I have been having similar issues. Maybe scale back practices again?

Peace and love
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4369 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2014 :  5:51:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tonightsthenight,

It doesn't sound like anything to worry about. It is prana moving through the body and purifying it. You are pacing your practices and doing grounding work so you are doing the right thing to stay on a level course.

Sometimes when these powerful kriyas happen it can feel as if something is wrong, but if it is not associated with any pain or discomfort I would not be overly concerned. You could try leaving out one or both mudras for a while if you want to be on the safe side.

If you find the energy moving through you in a way that is uncomfortable or painful, then that would be the time to pace things down considerably for a while, but that does not seem to be the case at this stage and there is really no reason why it should happen.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2014 :  9:33:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks Christi, definitely makes me feel better.

it happened in public so there was a bit of, oh sh*t!, to the episode whereas if it had happened it private I'd probably have forgotten a couple hours later.

fortunately, there's no discomfort, and no signs of overload. my practices haven't been very consistent since that time dogboy, and I think that's part of it. the pot is always boiling but I'm not letting of the steam through samadhi on a regular basis.

anima, it happened today ;)

thanks for your support guys
Go to Top of Page

compassion

87 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2014 :  01:11:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tonightsthenight,

If public is a problem, it's perhaps helpful to request a 'window of normality' from God for yoga classes or other meetings, for example. Or at least a window of appearing normal :D

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2014 :  12:59:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tonightsthenight,

I like compassion's suggestion.

As for my history, back when I was having those symptoms, I was lucky enough to have a friend who, at my invitation, witnessed it. I told her that if I relax, and let it happen, I go into spasms. I explained that it might look like an out of control seizure, but that actually it was under control. To prove it I asked her to say "stop" at some point of her choosing during the shaking. So I went into the spasms, and when she said stop, I was immediately present to her, mind clear, smiling, feeling refreshed. She'd never seen anything like it. She joked that we could start a traveling freak show. In the context of our safe relationship, I found that idea amusing.

That phase lasted maybe about six months, as I recall. Then the tendency to spasm diminished. The analogy that worked at the time was a water hose under high pressure -- it snakes in an S curve pattern if not held. Eventually, the body learned to hold/chanel the energy, or the energy dimishied or both. In any case that symptom disappeared. Practicing and refining Mudras and Bandhas was one of the lasting fruits of that phase.

I very much enjoyed those times. My recommedation: enjoy it while it lasts.

Edited by - bewell on Dec 12 2014 1:05:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2014 :  7:45:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the ideas guys. I should also add, I was concerned because in the past I've had different type seizure moments, in the early morning for a period where a huge column of k rushes up with no resistance and its pretty close, but not quite, nirvakalpa samdhi. Also accompanied by sounds and visions. These episodes were not under my control and I was totally whisked away, whereas these kriyas are under my control.

Well, just something else to consider. I don't believe I'm in any danger but maybe I do have some form of epilepsy.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2014 :  6:46:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight

...in the early morning for a period where a huge column of k rushes up with no resistance and its pretty close, but not quite, nirvakalpa samdhi. Also accompanied by sounds and visions. These episodes were not under my control and I was totally whisked away... I don't believe I'm in any danger but maybe I do have some form of epilepsy.

In regard to these past early morning episodes: have you considered that you could have gone into "sleep paralysis," (body asleep, mind awake)? This is a mind/body state where such things as visions and out of body experiences can happen without there being any epilepsy. It happens while drifting off to sleep or waking up, most frequently in a resting position flat on the back.

I had an sleep paralysis episode once that made me feel totally out of control. There was a moment of terror, but then it turned ecstatic.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2014 :  08:23:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bewell

quote:

...in the early morning for a period where a huge column of k rushes up with no resistance and its pretty close, but not quite, nirvakalpa samdhi. Also accompanied by sounds and visions. These episodes were not under my control and I was totally whisked away... I don't believe I'm in any danger but maybe I do have some form of epilepsy.

In regard to these past early morning episodes: have you considered that you could have gone into "sleep paralysis," (body asleep, mind awake)? This is a mind/body state where such things as visions and out of body experiences can happen without there being any epilepsy. It happens while drifting off to sleep or waking up, most frequently in a resting position flat on the back.

I had an sleep paralysis episode once that made me feel totally out of control. There was a moment of terror, but then it turned ecstatic.

hey there bewell :)

Yeah I used to get sleep paralysis too pretty frequently but not anymore.

These episodes were different. They'd usually start with an auditory hallucination, like a native american chanting was really common, accompanied with a massive burst of upward prana and bliss. Heart rate would go through the roof! There was definitely physical stuff with the eyes and tremor because my ex gf at the time would mention it.

So not sure what these were, but at the time I thought they seemed like epileptic seizures. there was paralysis of the body and they were very different from normal sleep paralysis. Almost always native american priests chanting

Edited by - tonightsthenight on Dec 15 2014 08:28:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2014 :  08:41:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

There was definitely physical stuff with the eyes and tremor because my ex gf at the time would mention it.

Was this during sleep? Meditation? What was your body position?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000