Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Instant turn-around of thoughts, spontaneously
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2014 :  08:35:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I found in these days a new capacity is naturally emerging. I call it instant-turn-around. It¡¯s turn-around of a thought, and slight discomfort it causes without inquiry, or at least visible process of inquiry.

For example, my neighor is inconveniencing me. This thought and the discomfort is seen, but it¡¯s no longer so real¡ªI don¡¯t believe in it. So out of nowhere, a slight wish to turn it around occurs, and it¡¯s indeed turned around¡ª¡°Why don¡¯t you give him a hearty smile and talk to him?¡± So, effortlessly I did. And we both enjoyed the small talk, and we became friendly. Similar things include, ¡°I shouldn¡¯t go to this meeting I committed, ¡®cos I didn¡¯t feel so good/I¡¯m not in my best state.¡± It¡¯ s turned around to : ¡°Go anyway, and see how it turns out¡ªprobably it¡¯s gonna be just fine.¡± ¡°This girl I like doesn¡¯t seem to like me that much¡ªshe seems to be interested in the guy next to me.¡± Turned into: ¡°OK, they look like good match¡ªI wish something good happen to them.¡±

All these just occurs spontaneously, without effort or inquiry. So, many things that cause discomfort before, now becomes a fun ground of testing old believes and habits.

Edited by - Pheel on Dec 08 2014 8:38:52 PM

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2014 :  4:44:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi I have experienced this and for me it's like truth being unveiled and a knowing in doing that what is right for this or that moment
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2014 :  10:18:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can slice it any which way.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2014 :  8:40:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@ Kumar, thanks for sharing your experience--good intuition there.
@Anima, slice it like a cake?
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2014 :  10:52:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely Pheeeeeel Especially this part:

quote:
Originally posted by Pheel

All these just occurs spontaneously, without effort or inquiry. So, many things that cause discomfort before, now becomes a fun ground of testing old believes and habits.

That is fun. It's also nice when you see that effort = resistance...

Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2014 :  11:42:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Pheel
@Anima, slice it like a cake?

Dear Pheel,
I'm thinking biscuits so we can have tea!
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2014 :  10:02:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@cosmic It is fun. And effort is the arms of "Me".
@Anima Let's have tea, then
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000