New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

TensorTympani

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2023 :  11:45:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I know this thread is ancient. But I thought it doesn't matter to pick it up after such a long time.

After practicing AYP for about a year now, dedicated music listening became even more enjoyable to me as it often stirs energy (like pranayama) or stirs silence (like a sutra) in me. Another thing that is new while listening to music is that I now sometimes start crying. The interesting thing is that the onset of this crying feels as if the music "squeezes" a certain part in my brain in a very pleasurable way which then triggers the crying. So it feels less like an emotional response but more like physical response.

Two pieces of music repeatedly managed to trigger this pleasurable crying response in me. So I'm curious to know if other people with AYP-heightened sensitivity react similarly.
I would recommend using headphones, and favoring the music listening over other thoughts and sensations (e.g. treat music listening like any other form of meditation).

If you like classical music try out this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzONNtE_WqM

(Vaughan Williams - The Lark Ascending, side note: I listened to several recordings of this piece, and only this particular recording (Neville Marriner, 1972) triggered the crying)

If you like melodic jazz, try out this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGZPAkJKKt4
(Emil Brandqvist Trio - Solitude)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000