Bhakti and Karma Yoga
 skillful archery
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2014 :  10:18:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
how many karmas are there ,the active .the latent,the one not yet made ,collective ,universal ,big galactical and of course atomical all arrows, some in flght some still in the quiver and many in the tree ready to be made into arrows when the time beckons, love is the all piercing tip that guides the arrow on its flight to the heart of all, the skill of the archer is knowing when to release how much to pull on the bow and being one pointed in aim and the target must be worthy and true the devotion of the archer to his target must be all ,we have all fired many arrows have any hit there target and if so have you witnessed the reaction of action straight away or has time played its part and the realization of the flight of your arrow been seen at a later date.

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2014 :  05:00:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2014 :  12:32:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Kumar ul Islam,

How many arrows, indeed. The Greeks thought of Apollo as the dispenser of plague, but also of light and poetic inspiration. In Homer's Iliad, for example, King Priam of Troy prays to Apollo about an injustice, beseeching the god's dreadful fury.
quote:
Thus did he pray, and Apollo heard his prayer. He came down furious from the summits of Olympus, with his bow and his quiver upon his shoulder, and the arrows rattled on his back with the rage that trembled within him.

He sat himself down away from the ships with a face as dark as night, and his silver bow rang death as he shot his arrow in the midst of them. First he smote their mules and their hounds, but presently he aimed his shafts at the people themselves, and all day long the pyres of the dead were burning.

In fact, the Greek word that is used to denote sin in the New Testament is hamartanein, which means "to miss the mark." So can our actions and intentions stray from our ideals and what is right. Even in the Hindu mythology, Saraswati, the goddess of poetry and knowledge, is sometimes compared to Sukracharya, the demon muse. All the karmas of perception and action are mixed in God's poem and in us, singing out.

Please let me share this poem I wrote two weeks ago for another website. The challenge was to pick a random word in a book and use it in the first line of a poem. I picked from a Sanskrit book.
quote:
Bow (kaarmukam)

I have never loosed a bow,
Sailing forth its deadly streams,
With an expert, godly aim,
As never to have missed a mark.

Borne upon my back to show
Some surety within a dream,
It is really strung in vain,
Binding ends amidst the dark.

[But that dark is eternity, and is good: at least, I think so! The poem presents weapons of identity as delusions.]

Edited by - Anima on Nov 29 2014 5:33:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2014 :  5:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thankyou anima ,maybe with the invention of the telescopic sights of yoga our aim will improve but sometimes the target moves and the arrows are not true but by missing the target we are assured another go in this life and and the next.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000