Enlightenment Milestones
 Odd sensation to front teeth
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogiinthemakring

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2014 :  11:33:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm having very odd sensation to my front teeth when meditation. As if they are buck too thoothed and protruding at weird angles. However, what seems odd to me is that one of my front tooth is now constantly feeling weird. It feels numb but isn't completely. Anyone had a similar experience? It's been about a week.

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2014 :  1:00:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi yogiinthemakring
I remember having some funny sensations in my lower fron teeth sometime in the past. It came and went. If your dentist is happy with the health of your teeth, there is nothing to worry about. It will go away in a while.
Enjoy your practice
Go to Top of Page

yogiinthemakring

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  03:29:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  3:37:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi yogiinthemakring,

I have a similar sensation now, and it has been going on, off and on, for more than a few months. I've gotten used to it.

I wonder if I'm grinding my front teeth during sleep. Alternatively, I wonder if a new energy channel is opening.

Namaste,

Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2014 :  08:54:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It appears funny sensations in the jaws and teeth have been noted by others. This guy talks about stages of progress with buddhist meditation:
http://www.dharmaoverground.org/web...racteristics

He says some unpleasantness occurs during what he calls stage 3 of the 1st Vipassana Jhana - "painful tensions or strange other sensations, particularly in the back, neck, jaw and shoulders" (paragraph 3 onwards on the page linked)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000