Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Om mantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2014 :  11:37:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Does anybody use the om mantra if so why and the difference between using iam is the om mantra a direct route .ive used the om mantra before ayp and found it both soothing and trancendental at the moment finding the iam does not last for the time I would like ie 15 mins only doing about 10 minutes with it or less .thankyou .love and peace.

Edited by - AYPforum on Nov 22 2014 11:51:20 AM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2014 :  11:51:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2014 :  12:10:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Kumar

We do use the OM mantra in AYP. If you have a peek at Lessons 186 and 369 you will see that OM is part of what Yogani calls 'enhanced mantras'.
http://www.aypsite.org/186.html
http://www.aypsite.org/369.html
He considers OM to be an advanced mantra, that works more on the crown than I AM. That is why I AM is given to beginners, as a safer mantra, and then later enhanced by adding the syllable OM.

There is more about mantras - specifically about mantra design - in Lesson 188.
http://www.aypsite.org/188.html

What exactly do you mean by "I AM does not last for the time I would like"? What happens after the 10 minutes meditation with I AM?
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2014 :  12:20:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi blue thankyou for your response I do 5 mins sb then into dm I with the iam mantra go into silence but after about 8 mins I am drawn back out look at the clock and try for another 5 mins ,the silence I have with 8 mins is good but feel the attention and power is not strong enough for the mantra to last any longer maybe my mind trying to trip me up .?love and peace.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2014 :  05:55:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OK, and if you go back to repeating the I AM mantra again after the 8 minutes + 5 minutes, what happens then?
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2014 :  06:07:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi I go back to silence but it is not so deep maybe a little anxious maybe my expectations are too much in meditation and the reality is the action outside matters much more which is being revealed to me more day by day I suppose the mind wants change in whatever form to re instate its authority and reinforce my sense of ego .love and peace
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2014 :  08:34:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, expectations to reach certain states are not helpful.
We should not get attached to what we experience in meditation, even if it's inner silence. We just follow the procedure - everything that arises is part of our progress.

Love and peace to you too
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000