New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ivorm

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2014 :  07:50:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit ivorm's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've recently had a very weird kundalini experience and I'm looking for some help explaining it.
Some background on me : I've practiced Yoga asanas and meditation for about 20 years. I also practise T'ai Chi & Chi Gung.
Before this recent event . I've never had any 'energy' experiences.
Basically, what makes my kundalini experience so weird is the way it was triggered.
I will be as brief as I can in describing this.
I was at a big fund raising dinner and a woman was at my table who I had only known for a few days, but had got on very well with.
At one point I was talking to someone else at the table, when I had the feeling that this woman was looking at me.
I looked up and - this is the really weird bit - I could feel a strong, irresistable force pulling my eyes to her eyes.
This force was incredibly strong. The best I can do is say that it was like a magnet, but that doesn't do it justice.
Anyway, our eyes snapped together and that's when I had a powerful kundalini rising.
I kindof understand the kundalini rising because that was energy within me.
What I can't understand or explain is this 'external' force that pulled my eyes to lock with her eyes.
Can anyone shed any light on this ?
Any help would be very gratefully received as it's really puzzling me.
Best wishes,
Ivor

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2014 :  08:48:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ivor

Making eye contact with that person was probably the emotional trigger of your kundalini movement.
I personally find that positive emotions - liking/loving – give a nudge to my kundalini. Could be quite a strong nudge.
Your K was probably just 'lurking under the surface' and it happened to be that emotion that gave it an extra impulse and made it strong enough for you to become aware of it.

Sounds like your practice has reached an exciting stage. Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

ivorm

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2014 :  09:28:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit ivorm's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BlueR,
Many thanks for the reply.
I think you're absolutely right when you say my K was 'lurking under the surface' (there are a few things that happened prior to the event that lead me to that conclusion).
And I understand how eye contact can lead to kundalini rising.
But I still don't understand the strong, irresistable force that pulled my eyes to her eyes.
It wasn't just a random meeting of our eyes. Something external to me pulled my eyes to her eyes. It forced our eyes to meet. That's the thing that most puzzles me.
Do you have any thoughts about what that was and why it happened ?

Best wishes.
Ivor

Edited by - ivorm on Nov 21 2014 10:11:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2014 :  09:53:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
your divinity realizing her divinity and love they feel for each other .peace and love to you .
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2014 :  1:02:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
IMO the emotion you felt at the time explains it.
The link between emotions and kundalini is a two-way street. Emotions cause K movements and K powers emotions to levels we have not thought possible before its awakening. It seemed external because the emotion bypassed your conscious/voluntary control, didn’t seem to come from 'I' or 'me'. That's what I think.

What do you think?
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2014 :  3:05:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ivorm

But I still don't understand the strong, irresistable force that pulled my eyes to her eyes.
It wasn't just a random meeting of our eyes. Something external to me pulled my eyes to her eyes. It forced our eyes to meet. That's the thing that most puzzles me.
Do you have any thoughts about what that was and why it happened ?

There are infinite names for the "external force"... Some would call it The Universe, some would call it God, some call it Life or the Higher Self, but whatever it is called, the "ultimateness" of it is usually expressed by capitalizing the name.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Nov 21 2014 3:35:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2014 :  06:19:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Of course, you cannot fault Carson's statement, since everything is ...

quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi
The Universe, some would call it God, some call it Life or the Higher Self, but whatever it is called, the "ultimateness" of it is usually expressed by capitalizing the name.

Go to Top of Page

ivorm

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2014 :  11:02:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit ivorm's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you guys for your replies.

BlueRaincoat - 'What do you think? '

That. of course, is a very good question.
I am very confused about it.
I think that if the Universe wanted me to have a Kundalini experience, then why didn't it just give me one without the necessity of forcing my eyes to lock with this woman.
I suppose at the heart of my thinking is something like this :

"Is this woman significant in the experience ?
Will she/Should she be playing a part in my life ?"

If our eyes had just randomly met and then I had the K event, then that would kindof make more sense. Like you said, I think my K was 'lurking under the surface' and maybe a number of things could have happened that would have triggered it.

But because a force made me lock eyes with this woman, my thinking is that the Universe has made it very specific, i.e. it wanted me to have the K experience particularly triggered by this woman.

It's difficult to explain and I hope I'm making some sense.

I should also mention that this woman will not speak to me about what happened.
She acknowledges that our eyes locked and something strange happened. But that's it. She won't say anything else. So I've got no idea what she experienced (if anything).

Again, any help/views/advice gratefully accepted.

Best wishes,

Ivor
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2014 :  12:19:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

She acknowledges that our eyes locked and something strange happened. But that's it. She won't say anything else. So I've got no idea what she experienced (if anything).

Hi Ivor,

Thanks to you and the others in this discussion. I've enjoyed reading.

I would like to suggest that it is best to let the mystery be, in regard to the origin of this phenomenon. It is also very important to practice utmost respect for the woman involved.

For now, practice letting go through dedication to your chosen daily disciplines of yoga and meditation. Observe your desires. Welcome the present moment.

Satisfactory answers to your question may emerge in time. As for me, I will not attempt to provide direct answers. I do not know the answers. I live with similar questions.

Namaste,

Edited by - bewell on Nov 24 2014 12:23:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2014 :  3:04:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
This force was incredibly strong. The best I can do is say that it was like a magnet, but that doesn't do it justice.
Anyway, our eyes snapped together and that's when I had a powerful kundalini rising.
I kindof understand the kundalini rising because that was energy within me.
What I can't understand or explain is this 'external' force that pulled my eyes to lock with her eyes.
Can anyone shed any light on this ?

I'm in Bewell's camp: leave it be and see if Guru whispers understanding in your ear. Maybe handle it like you would a dream.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2014 :  4:55:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bewell's camp is growing by the minute - I'm in it too

When you've experienced life with an active kundalini for some time you will be in a better position to interpret your experience.

quote:
if the Universe wanted me to have a Kundalini experience, then why didn't it just give me one without the necessity of forcing my eyes to lock with this woman.

I suppose at the heart of my thinking is something like this :
"Is this woman significant in the experience ?
Will she/Should she be playing a part in my life ?"

The trouble with second-guessing the universe is that we often project human traits, goals and intentions on It. As for the role this woman will play in your life, that is not a decision you make on your own. I’m sure you will agree relationships only develop in twos.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2014 :  7:20:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Isn't that a Marvin Gaye song? (...it takes two, baaaby! Me and you! It just takes two!)

quote:

Again, any help/views/advice gratefully accepted.

And it's not looking good, brother.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  05:41:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Isn't that a Marvin Gaye song?

Whaaat? He worked it out too?! There goes my patent. Blast!
Go to Top of Page

NewbieGG

Bulgaria
52 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  06:29:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ivorm , seems like you approach the situation as a game quest and because of that you looking for rules or directions . From my experience it is none of that . It is just the sparkle that lights your candle . Digging in past life's theories will lead you nowhere . If the Universe wants you to do something you will catch your self doing it , easy as pie :) as you say in UK

Go to Top of Page

ivorm

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  07:21:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit ivorm's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, guys, thank you very much for your helpful comments.

And I agree - bewell has offered good and wise advice.

I guess I'm pretty much resigned to it being a mystery that I may never be able to solve.

--- DogBoy : "And it's not looking good, brother. "

I guess you're right - unfortunately

--- NewbieGG : "If the Universe wants you to do something you will catch your self doing it , easy as pie :) "

Yes, but I also catch myself doing things that I'm pretty sure the Universe has not wanted me to do.

So how do you tell the difference ?
I mean how do you know when you're doing something that this is something the Universe does want you to do ?

Best wishes,
Ivor
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  09:31:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ivorm,

I am new here on the forum, and this is in fact my first post. I reply because I had the same experience as you. It happened 10 years ago and I can see it now as the beginning of my kundalini awaking. At that moment I had no experience at all with yoga or meditation,and had never heard of kundalini. In fact there was a complete chaos inside me. My life was looking oke from the outside, I had everything I wished for but I was unhappy and had absolutely no strength inside me anymore to fight against myself. I had some shoulderproblems and was visiting a fysiotherapist for that and then it happened. It was magnetic, special and something I never felt before. The sudden eye contact, It was so overwhelming, the pulling like a magnet I know it sounds strange but......after that my life changed completely. I could not forget it, thought I was in love, but it was more, I was in love with the whole world after that, felt an incredible energy inside me. But could not talk about it, I did not understand it myself, and then the seeking began, in myself ....suddenly I started to see the word yoga everywhere, I started to practice yoga and a whole new journey started. I found my yoga teacher, after a while he told me about kundalini.The journey so far was difficult and beautiful at the same time, with lots of questions, changing of perspectives, but not so many answers...
Now, 10 years later I can say that that was the beginning of my spiritual seeking/journey, my first awareness of my kundalini,the intense power, the overwhelming love..... and there was much more to come. Soon I started to practice yoga and meditation every day, my life changed completely, At this moment I work as a yogateacher, and I am loving every minute of my life......a few weeks ago I found this interesting AYP site and I hope that we all can help each other with the beautiful journey of life!
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  10:46:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Charliedog, welcome and thank you for this inspiring post!
Go to Top of Page

NewbieGG

Bulgaria
52 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  3:00:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The "NO" is easiest to be recognized - it is a sense of discomfort in my chest and overall slight worry .
The "YES" is a bit harder to be felt , it takes time and practice . If there is no clear indication I am using the lack of "NO" as an open way

Beware of interpreting signs and coincidences in your life as most of the time they have no particular meaning , they are just indication that you are on the right way in the right direction

best of luck

Edited by - NewbieGG on Nov 25 2014 3:27:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  05:22:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
So how do you tell the difference ?
I mean how do you know when you're doing something that this is something the Universe does want you to do ?

The inner silence knows.
I guess meditation is part of your daily practice?
Go to Top of Page

ivorm

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  07:23:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit ivorm's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Charliedog: Thank you for your lovely post.
It's good to know that someone else has had a similar experience.
It sounds like you've had an interesting and fulfilling 10 years.
Can I ask you a question ?
(It will probably annoy the people who have already given me good advice )
The person you made eye contact with . Did you speak to him/her about it ? Are they still in your life ?

NewbieGG : Many thanks for your help.

BlueRaincoat : Yes, meditation is part of my daily practice. But I still find it hard to know what the Universe wants me to do. Sometimes it just seems to keep quiet !
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  10:21:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ivorm,
Beautiful experience .
Out of curiosity, did you get the feeling that you "know" this woman?
Only thing that comes to mind reading your posts is:
If the universe is quiet, maybe it is so because it wants you to figure out what do you want.
Best of luck!
Go to Top of Page

ivorm

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  10:38:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit ivorm's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mykal,
---- Out of curiosity, did you get the feeling that you "know" this woman? ---
I'm not sure. She was only in the UK for 10 days, but I saw a lot of her (in group situations) and we seemed to get on well.
We had a lot in common and I certainly felt an instant attraction to her - although I'm not sure that it was a sexual attraction.
I should mention that she is incredibly good looking and a lot younger than me.
In some ways, the memory of her is fading a little. She left the UK about 2 months ago and I haven't had contact with her for about 4 weeks.

--- Only thing that comes to mind reading your posts is:
If the universe is quiet, maybe it is so because it wants you to figure out what do you want. ----

Maybe you're right, Mykal. I have to say that I'm out of ideas at the moment.
For a few days after the kundalini experience, I could still feel the energy flowing within me and everything in my life seemed to go amazingly well.
However, then the energy subsided and now everything is going wrong and I feel my life is crumbling around me.

Edited by - ivorm on Nov 26 2014 11:49:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  11:50:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
For a few days after the kundalini experience, everything seemed to go amazingly well.
Now everything is going wrong and I feel my life is crumbling around me.

Things will smooth out. Letting go a little might help.

When the awakening starts to happen it's like a new force emerges. I think it's grace. But we may still be trying to control things from our old mindset. When we do, it's like trying to function with two 'control centres'. It doesn't work well. We have to learn to let go of the old mindset.

This is hard to put into words. Perhaps I shouldn't even try. It's like making the theory of walking to a toddler who's just learning to walk (by the way, I’m still learning to live with the grace myself). You will work it out. Or rather, it will come to you. Spinning thoughts in your mind won't do it. Relax, go with the flow.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Nov 26 2014 12:22:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  12:18:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's what yoga teaches me: surrender is EVERYTHING!
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2014 :  03:43:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
[quote]Originally posted by ivorm

Charliedog: Thank you for your lovely post.
It's good to know that someone else has had a similar experience.
It sounds like you've had an interesting and fulfilling 10 years.
Can I ask you a question ?
(It will probably annoy the people who have already given me good advice )
The person you made eye contact with . Did you speak to him/her about it ? Are they still in your life ?

Hi Ivorm,

Because it was a professional relation, therapist/client, the person did not want to have a personal conversation after that moment....I shall never know how it felt for that person....but for me the moment was life changing. It was also frustrating because it didn't left my mind, is was such a strong feeling, pulling, magnetic, like time stood still....but now I know the feeling did not left me anymore, after that I found that feeling sometimes in music, in poetry, in my relationship, in other people, in all kind of moments, the longing, the love, the power. The incredible energy.
But as I said it is 10 years later now, and I am sure that the feeling nothing has to do with the personal, it was my first real K experience.
Kundalini is such a strong power, loving, caring, magnetic, hot, it is overwhelming in the beginning but it is not personal. See it as your Guru, God, Universe, All, Cosmic. You can find in silence some answers on your questions, nobody else can give answers to you. We can help eachother, but only by our own experience. As I said, I had no experience with yoga and meditation back then, but as I see it now, my Guru send me this way. Everything is happening, but sometimes it takes a while to see the picture. I wish you Love&Light
And yes SURRENDER is everything, but also that takes a while to understand.
Go to Top of Page

ivorm

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2014 :  12:16:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit ivorm's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
BlueRaincoat : Thank you again for your advice. It is very helpful.

---- Letting go a little might help. ----

Yes. I know you are right. But I'm finding it hard to do this at the moment.

CharlieDog : Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Your comments are very inspiring.

Best wishes.

Ivor
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000