Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 What is the best possible way to learn Tantra?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Oneironaut

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2014 :  12:19:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Is it possible to learn Tantra through sources such as books (I have Urban Tantra by Barbara Carrellas & The Art of Sexual Ecstasy by Margot Anand) and this site/forum? I'm new to Tantra and I'm wondering if the presence of an actual master is a requirement in order to learn.

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2014 :  06:44:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have not read these books, but their titles suggest they take you straight into tantric practices - not a good idea.
There are not many methods that you can practice without the supervision of a master, but AYP is one. Yogani wrote these lessons so that a yoga student can develop his/her own practice without a teacher. They are clear and complete. Why not give them a read? Click on the "Start Lessons Here" link on the left and go through them in order.
Go to Top of Page

Devadasi

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  9:04:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Devadasi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Consulting an online Tantra Yoga Instructor would be the best option.. what do you say..?
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2014 :  01:44:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One,
What Blue said. The AYP tantra lessons are very good especially when used, of course, in the context of the overall yogic practice, deep meditation, spinal breathing, etc., (not as a "stand-alone" practice). And if you have any questions, feel free to ask! That's why we have the Support Forums. There are several experienced practitioners here who will be happy to help. Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2014 :  4:33:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AYP is tantra through and through. look no further ;)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000