Enlightenment Milestones
 On the edge of a shifting point experience
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NewbieGG

Bulgaria
52 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2014 :  05:57:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Yesterday , watching a film ( a romantic one with a beautiful love story ) something happened . It was so subtle and minor that first I couldn't realize it - sense of peace parallel with losing the interest to the film . Emotions and pleasure which films like that are giving me normally were no longer entertaining . I started to experiment because I knew this is shift point . I forced my mind back in the story of the film , felt again the pleasure and pain of the characters - immediately sense of energy overload and discomfort between the eyebrows and nose....then again losing the story , let go and just be there on the sofa - wooops peace and indifference replacing emotions .On and off- easy as pushing a button .This was funny at first but after some time it led to the following self questioning :

I know we have to give away a lot in order to transform our self , but as a human being this will be the hardest task for me - giving away the romance , the nostalgy for past happy times , the sweet-sad feeling of an old forgotten song , the discovering of a little narrow street full of flowers...
Being a human or being a Divine - high price is to be paid for both? Just another mind trap on the way ?

Edited by - NewbieGG on Nov 12 2014 06:01:50 AM

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2014 :  06:15:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I often lament the loss of my wild imagination...

Sey
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2014 :  07:09:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere
I often lament the loss of my wild imagination...

Yep, you've lost the emotional tensions that were powering those wild imaginations. You are now so content that the mind does no longer need to gratify itself by spinning fictitious scenarios. How unbelievably sad...
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2014 :  08:06:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I forced my mind back in the story of the film , felt again the pleasure and pain of the characters - immediately sense of energy overload and discomfort between the eyebrows and nose....

I believe this sensation is often misidentified as overload, especially by 'newbies'. When it first occurred to me I thought the same. As practice progresses it a natural to feel the third eye and slight pressure in the skull, especially when engaging in yoga, reading spiritual works, or engaging in spiritual thoughts. It happens to me many times throughout the day and usually goes away when I dwell on everyday thoughts. I refer to it as 'wearing my yogi hat'. Although I have yet to experience it, it is my belief true overload symptoms (headaches, emotional volatility, et al) are a lot more debilitating and enduring. Perhaps others here can speak from their experience.

quote:
I know we have to give away a lot in order to transform our self , but as a human being this will be the hardest task for me - giving away the romance , the nostalgy for past happy times , the sweet-sad feeling of an old forgotten song , the discovering of a little narrow street full of flowers...
Being a human or being a Divine - high price is to be paid for both? Just another mind trap on the way ?

I think it is your mind inadvertently trying to dissuade you from the rise of the Witness. If anything I find meditation has opened me up emotionally in many ways! I'm not musically inclined, but I now freely sing along and appreciate the arrangements of a song. It's a physical sensation bursting from my chest. Some music and movies move me to tears now which I embrace and let flow. And yes, during these times I am wearing my yoga hat. That is my confirmation I am on the right emotional track.

Yoga is not intended to make us emotionless automatons. Don't shy away from love just because it registers in your third eye or head. You are activating your pineal gland. Investigate and participate in all old and new sensations, even discomfort. Don't be afraid to surrender to the process.

Edited by - Dogboy on Nov 13 2014 12:42:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2014 :  09:50:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by NewbieGG

My experience is that, although we do have to give up literally everything (every belief, desire, goal, fear, literally everything) in order to be "fully divinely human," what is gained from doing so is more than anyone could ever imagine. It's yet another one of Life's truths playing out as a paradox in our minds.

When we "give up" what we are really giving up (no matter what it is) is a little piece of who we thought we were. Doing so allows "the real you" to peek through from behind the curtain, even if just for a moment. Giving up everything allows "the real you" to come fully to the surface and shine for all to see and benefit from.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Nov 12 2014 10:22:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

NewbieGG

Bulgaria
52 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2014 :  11:21:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dogboy and Carson thanks for the support . Blue and Sey you ruined the drama laughing at the author , which helped as well
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2014 :  11:32:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not at the author GG, it was Sey's answer in a nutshell that made me laugh.

You shouldn't force yourself to give up anything. As we practice, we slowly grow out of some of life's small pleasures - that is only because they pale by comparison to the delights we begin to experience.

Enjoy your practice

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Nov 13 2014 04:52:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2014 :  04:33:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Sey
Go to Top of Page

NewbieGG

Bulgaria
52 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2014 :  12:19:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yep Blue, Sey's answer made me laugh too
Behind the joke I see a support given which is appreciated

Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2014 :  9:31:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by NewbieGG

Dear NewbieGG,

Who is transforming whom? Who is this "self" who thinks it is giving stuff away? and what is the stuff that is allegedly being lost?

All mind games! Not to worry. Go ahead, give it all away and see what happens. Nothing is really being lost. It is all being transformed into Love.

And I agree with Dogboy, "Yoga is not intended to make us emotionless automatons." It's just a phase. Eventually everything will become integrated and the romance, the nostalgia, the sweet-sad feeling of an old song, the little narrow street full of flowers, will be more beautiful than ever before, without attachment, just flowing.

Much Love to you!
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2014 :  04:36:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear NewbieGG,

That is very touching. Thank you.

I can't give advice, but I believe that it will all level out in my own case. I try to do what I can with practices, my friendships, and basic needs. Healing naturally takes a lot of time, I think. Some philosophies tend to be severe: They think we must choose God or life. But they are both together in us, and that's good.

Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2014 :  3:13:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I climbed the steep hill and upon reaching the summit the view I observed made my heart wilt I stayed but a while my soul rejoiced in the scene beheld, upon hearing the call of my lover below I returned never to forget the wonder I had seen , I had been blinded by the illusion that was set before my eyes but still my soul rejoiced in the love I felt for that moment .love all my dear friend .
Go to Top of Page

NewbieGG

Bulgaria
52 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2014 :  1:07:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Radharani , Anima , Kumar

Love you all
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000