Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 Looking for grounding set of asanas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NewbieGG

Bulgaria
52 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2014 :  04:22:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I red somewhere that standing asanas are good for grounding . I think to combine the warrior cycle plus a few of the sun salutation poses - the down facing ones .Any ideas or experiences about that ? :)

Edited by - NewbieGG on Oct 31 2014 04:24:16 AM

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2014 :  04:56:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, the Sun salutation is a complete sequence designed on purpose, I would not isolate or reduce the single steps and combine them "random" with standing asanas. In fact, an asana routine has to be well designed in order to achieve a well balanced result. I would suggest you look for a yogasana teacher and ask him/her for a specific sequence, although "grounding" may be a little confusing.
Go to Top of Page

Prem

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2015 :  3:41:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Prem's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Once the weather turns warm, practicing yoga on the bare earth is extremely grounding. Personally I find seated poses where the root chakra is in contact with the earth more grounding than standing ones. Perhaps that is just me. I do a kneeling version of sun salutation that I find grounding, and is very accessible to my older students. You might find it with a Google search. Good luck. Incidentally, the poses you mention traditionally considered grounding, I just don't find them as grounding as when I am close to the earth. I also find meditating with grounding crystals such as Boji stones or black tourmaline helpful.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2015 :  08:07:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Newbie GG,

There is a very good asana sequence explained in the "Easy Lessons for Ecstatic Living volume 2". It is on page 332. Some of the asanas are especially grounding including the Seal of Yoga, Sitting Head to Both Knees, Camel, Savasana, and Child Pose. I would also recommend downward dog and reclining virasana as useful for grounding.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2015 :  11:31:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a long forum thread about grounding:
www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=5464#49851
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000