Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Not ejaculate is unhealthy?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joao.jlgoncalves

Portugal
50 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2014 :  8:00:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,
I have read recently in a post of the Tantra forum (about the deer exercise) that it is harmful to not ejaculate, because the prostate which is like a ruban band remains expanded...then what about the cultivation of pre-orgasmic states in Tantra??? we can deduce by this logic that it is also harmful for the prostate because it is not relieved by the ejaculation...please someone can clarify my doubt? I do not know anymore how to pursue with my tantra practice:should i ejaculate occasionaly to relieve my prostate, should i use more often the blocking method?
Thanks in advance!

PS: sorry about my bad English.

joao.jlgoncalves

Portugal
50 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2014 :  10:37:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Please, can someone give me a simple advice, its very important to me...
João.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2014 :  12:06:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Joao

It can take a day or two to get to get some replies. I am sure other forum members will chip in, especially guys with tantra experience.

Here is my take on the issue:
Some things in yoga depart from mainstream medical science. Take for instance vajroli mudra. In medical science it's a disease called retrograde ejaculation. For yogis practising tantra it's a welcome sign of progress. Same story with refraining from ejaculation. Doctors in general would probably frown on it. Medical science is based on normality as in 'what most people are like'. If yoga was practised by the majority of people, then 'normality' as seen by medical science would change.

Tantric practices are perfectly safe as long as you have a solid basis in meditation. Refraining from ejaculation will leave you with a surplus of energy. Beginners often find it difficult to handle this energy surplus. That is why it is not wise to start with tantra, but build up to it using other yoga techniques first - meditation, pranayama etc.
How long have you been practising yoga and what practices do you do on a regular basis?

By the way, your English is very good.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2014 :  2:39:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Tantric practices are perfectly safe as long as you have a solid basis in meditation. Refraining from ejaculation will leave you with a surplus of energy. Beginners often find it difficult to handle this energy surplus. That is why it is not wise to start with tantra, but build up to it using other yoga techniques first - meditation, pranayama etc.

BlueRaincoat's advice is solid; the foundation of meditation sets up the body to transform your sexual essence for spiritual advancement. Cultivating pre-orgasmic states conserves and utilizes energy ordinarily lost through ejaculation. This body of ours is an amazing thing to be able to make this adjustment through attention and practice.

Your concern is that there will be a massive traffic jam in your prostate, that you will be harmed by not casting away your seed on a regular basis. This will not happen. True, a young man will find it difficult to completely abstain from ejaculation as his system is geared toward reproduction; this is a fact of nature. Therefor a young man should strive toward infrequent ejaculation, and hoarding as much essence as he is able to use for spiritual advancement. The body also has a "pressure release valve", also known as nocturnal emission.

I believe the problem lies in the lack of respect most men have for this life source by careless and thoughtlessly explelling and casting it away. It is "seed" for a reason: it holds your genetic code and is your link to your ancestry and your future offspring. What a waste to discard it! It's like syphoning gasoline out of the fuel tank and pouring it down the storm drain.

If one must masturbate, it should be preformed in the spirit of a ritual, with massage, music, candles or incense, and plenty of uninterrupted time. If you have an ishta, dedicate the practice to your beloved. If this action leads to ejaculation, the seed should either rubbed into the skin or injested, not tossed in the trash or flushed down the toilet. Too gay for you? Think about it; if one truly loves oneself fully in all that entails, that is the manifestation of homosexuality. You may as well embrace that fully and take it into the silence!

The bottom line is to allow your body to transform your essence in any way possible, with love and intention in your action. If you must release your seed, treat it with all the love and respect this ancesteral link deserves.

Edited by - Dogboy on Oct 30 2014 10:00:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

joao.jlgoncalves

Portugal
50 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2014 :  3:30:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much for your responses! it gaves me some perspective to aboard my doubt about the major AYP Tantra practice: the holdback method.

I found out AYP for 2 years (thank God and Yogani, this was like I discovered a golden mine!) and I practice regularly since then (note that before AYP, I knew nothing about spiritual practices or meditation-I built up my routine gradually during these 2 years with good self-pacing like Yogani says);currently, my routine is (twice per day):10 min SBP; 15 min DM; 10 min Samyama; 10 min rest.

Back to my initial question: so do you think that the holdback method is safe even for (relative) beginners like me who do not Know if they have already their natural vajroly active? don´t they
take the risk to have an accumulation of semen in their prostate and by this way have an always over expanded prostate, which people say (in other posts here) that is harmful; note that for more advanced practionners with their Kundalini awaken and the natural vajroly active, the semen don´t accumulate because it goes up the body automatically...perhaps for beginners it should be recommended in the AYP Tantra lessons to occasionnaly ejaculate or practice the blocking method to relieve the prostate, what do you think?

Thank you very much in advance for your insights.
João
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2014 :  5:31:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani does infer that infrequent ejaculation will not derail your spiritual progress, but I would not expect him to advocate ejaculating per se. It is "Guru in you" driven; if Guru begs for release then by all means comply. If an AYP practitioner is following protocol, first establishing DM and SB before tantric practices, a beginner's Bhakti is increasing simultaneously and should aid in the transformation of essence over time. Someone practicing AYP tantra without the oft-stated proper foundation should expect discomfort in some form!

Edited by - Dogboy on Oct 30 2014 10:03:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

joao.jlgoncalves

Portugal
50 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2014 :  7:51:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Dogboy for sharing your point of view.I really appreciate.
João
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2014 :  07:46:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joao.jlgoncalves

do you think that the holdback method is safe even for (relative) beginners like me who do not Know if they have already their natural vajroly active?

Yes, I think the holdback method is completely safe. My husband does not practice yoga, but he instinctively got into the holdback method and enjoys it. He's never had any problems in many years. If sexual energy builds up to uncomfortable levels, you can always resort to 'normal' sex.
The blocking method might worry you - that is where some pressure may build up in and around the prostate. If you don't feel completely confident about it (and it's important to listen to that inner voice) then why not add mulabandha/shambhavi and siddhasana to your practice first? Those techniques are designed to nudge sexual energy upwards. Then in another 12-18 months you may feel more confident about attempting blocking.

Enjoy your practice!

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Oct 31 2014 08:07:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

joao.jlgoncalves

Portugal
50 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2014 :  09:05:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you BlueRaincoat, i am now more confident to pursue with the holdback method, which I think it is really a "plus" to my spiritual developpement on the energy side.
João
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2014 :  2:18:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by joao.jlgoncalves

Hello,
I have read recently in a post of the Tantra forum (about the deer exercise) that it is harmful to not ejaculate, because the prostate which is like a ruban band remains expanded...then what about the cultivation of pre-orgasmic states in Tantra??? we can deduce by this logic that it is also harmful for the prostate because it is not relieved by the ejaculation...please someone can clarify my doubt? I do not know anymore how to pursue with my tantra practice:should i ejaculate occasionaly to relieve my prostate, should i use more often the blocking method?

there's not much to worry about, worry being an emotional object, and not real. those who market worry and fear on message boards are usually safe to ignore.

if your body really needs to ejaculate, there's always nocturnal emissions although personally i've never had these.

too much blocking though, can cause pain in the testes, so here's another reason holdback method is better. by "too much", in my case, was twice a day for a week. when i backed off, it was ok after a few days.

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2014 :  3:21:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Blocking is absolutely a last-ditch attempt at stopping ejaculation, and not pleasurable. You're better hopping off that wave before it breaks!
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2014 :  4:20:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Blocking is... not pleasurable.

depends what you do with it
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2014 :  09:39:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is only Unhealthy if you are not performing sadhana. And even then I'd say it is probably impossible . You will lose fluids in sleep if you aren't. Whether or not semen is actually being pulled up I'm not sure but sexual energy surely is. They may be the same thing. One thing for sure you will produce less and less semen as your sadhana progresses. I can defiantly see the production of semen stopping all together at some point
Go to Top of Page

tamasaburo

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2014 :  11:31:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by adishivayogi

It is only Unhealthy if you are not performing sadhana. And even then I'd say it is probably impossible . You will lose fluids in sleep if you aren't. Whether or not semen is actually being pulled up I'm not sure but sexual energy surely is. They may be the same thing. One thing for sure you will produce less and less semen as your sadhana progresses. I can defiantly see the production of semen stopping all together at some point

I think this is correct. Recently I had a couple of wet dreams, which I hadn't had for maybe a year or more, and I realized it corresponded to days when I had either not meditated at all, or meditated much less than usual. This makes me think that even when it's not so obvious as seeing semen in urine, pranayama and meditation are coaxing the sexual fluids out in subtle, more gradual ways such that they don't build up to the point of being released all at once in a wet dream.

In other words, if you are doing lots of sitting practices, you don't have to worry, because the semen is not really just sitting there; it's being gradually released at the root. If you are not doing sitting practices, you also don't need to worry, since the semen will eventually find release in sleep.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  1:05:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I find that if I have small contractions that don't result in semen loss, there is a small amount of clear fluid (some of it form the prostate) that will form at the tip of my penis. I do feel there can be issues with accumulation of prostate fluids so this relieves it for me.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2015 :  1:31:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is fluid from the calpers gland (Google), it's role to lubricate the urethra for passage of sperm, and is of minimal consequence.

Edit:wording

Edited by - Dogboy on Jul 04 2015 1:32:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

jpa100x

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2016 :  2:01:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I only recommend not ejaculating when you have your chakras or meridians more open joao. I finally solved the biggest riddle of why some people can be fine not ejaculating for months and have no prostate problems is the fact that their meridians are more open so the energy can be transmuted more easily! To help you out I would suggest having a tantra teacher to talk to that you trust, and learn as much as you can about chakras. A full chakra activation is when a part of your brain, ligaments, feet, legs and organs open up making you smarter and having more inner silence. Plus, you should be more aware of your psychic abilities too, its very subtle.
Go to Top of Page

siddhi

India
8 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2016 :  07:16:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice information Thank You
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2016 :  01:54:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jpa100x

I finally solved the biggest riddle of why some people can be fine not ejaculating for months and have no prostate problems is the fact that their meridians are more open so the energy can be transmuted more easily!

I'm not sure to fully understand the above sentence. Do you mean that partial or complete success of non-ejacultory orgasm could create prostate problems (i.e. less urine jet strength, prostate cancer) if the associated energies cannot be circulated through chakras, meridians ?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000