AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 kechari in meetings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2014 :  2:18:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
"Bringing it full circle, kechari in AA meetings has been super helpful. You won't find that one in the Big Book."
--Bodhi Tree, another thread

Hi,

I'd like to echo what Bodhi Tree said in another thread: kechari is great in meetings.

I used it in a Sunday School meeting. There was tension in the air. I was finding it difficult to relax and enjoy. I found it difficult to listen. I found it difficult to look at others without feeling pain.

Then I went into kechari. My body relaxed. I was no longer thinking of what to say. I was enjoying. I was not listening in a debate mindset any more. I was being present. An easy smile appeared on my face. I could look anywhere. I saw the anxiety of others, but no longer shared it.

Soon, others seemed to be enjoying the meeting more.

My testimony. So glad I trusted the wise teacher who said that Kechari Mudra is worth seeking, for those who feel the call.

You won't find that in the Bible, unless you read between the lines. "Bridle the tongue"... "Taste and see".... "Be wise and serpents and innocent as doves..."

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2014 :  5:34:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It gives new meaning to: "Hold your tongue." Silence is golden! I have so much to say, especially in AA, but sometimes the best I can offer is just radiant serenity with no words.

Glad it's working out for you. Credit goes to Yogani. It's his fault. Actually, it precedes him by millennia, so really it's the fault of the human nervous system. What a trip! Love. Unity. Inner Sensuality.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2014 :  04:17:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
It gives new meaning to: "Hold your tongue."

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000