AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 "Conscious Sleep"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2014 :  1:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
In his Yoga Nidra Lesson, Yogani writes about conscious sleep: "If we drift off into yoga nidra after our morning or afternoon practice, we will get up feeling extra refreshed. If we have practiced at bedtime, it can be a good way to go to sleep. We may be watching ourselves restfully sleeping all night. It’s a good thing." http://www.aypsite.org/299.html

Conscious breathing is a key to entering conscious sleep. This writer describes the practice well:

"The first step to consciously dissolve identification is with our most sacred gift, the gift of breath. When you sleep you know that your breath slows down significantly and there is a deep rhythm to it. If you can imitate this breath consistently through your whole body before you sleep you will experience peace and warmth that will open the gateway to conscious sleep."

http://activationschool.com/sleep/?...753173828125

It can be very refreshing!

PS The author, Arion, looks refreshed:
http://activationschool.com/wp-cont...81-800-s.jpg

Edited by - bewell on Sep 29 2014 2:29:55 PM

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2014 :  2:58:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much.
Go to Top of Page

Chaz

USA
129 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2014 :  5:32:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, Yoga Nidra is incredibly refreshing and for me a superior way to sleep at night. Sometimes when I'm lazy and just doze off it's pretty obvious the next morning that I've carried the tensions of the previous day into sleep and I wake up feeling tired still and my body almost feels sore. But if I go through the process of completely relaxing my body and mind and bringing them to a state of stillness and falling asleep like that, I go into a profound rest that is very lucid. When I wake up, mind and body seem to have been reset almost. It makes a huge difference in quality of sleep. Definitely something I would recommend.
Go to Top of Page

LittleKid

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2014 :  1:20:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yoga Nidra is cool !!!
When i practice Yoga Nidra,It feels
like my body has turned to stone and my breathing stops
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000