Mahasamadhi universery of an Mahasaya
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sol Invictus

91 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2014 :  7:18:09 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Message
This is a small tribute to dear Mahasaya

Today(26.9.)marks a 119.th universery(1895-2014) of Mahasamadhi of Purana Purusha Yogiraj Sri Shamachurun Lahiree.

Let us all Kriyabans remember him today,each of us in his/her own way.Let us remember that we can thank him for Kriyayogasadhana we are practicing,let us be aware that he can be considered our Saviour as he showed us a path to Moksha thru Kriya.Not only that,he also set a perfect example how to live a life of a housholder-yogi,that can be followed by many.

Some less informed might ask them self,as title of Ashoke's Baba book goes,"Who is this Shama Churun?"

He was a householder,husband,father,clerk in Indian railways,private tutor and a yogi.But definitely,not just any,ordinary yogi.Level and depth of his realization and achievement in Sadhana can be realized from his diaries.
Let us peek into Ashoke's Baba book(Purana Purusha)for more details.

"That Shama Churn is only a Yogi is not correct.
Instead, He had Himself in seclusion and solitude divulged His actual identity in His confidential diaries. None was aware of His identity during His lifetime, because He was averse to propaganda.

Like other days, recounting His sadhana-derived experiences, on 13th August, 1873, he wrote — Aj Hum Mahapurusha huye— today I have become Mahapurusha. On 17th August, after delineating a human face, He has written — Mahapurusha Hum haye — suryame aisa dekha Humhi Brahma haye — I am the Mahapurusha and I have visualized within the Soul-Sun that I only am Brahma.
On 18th August,He has noted — Humarai rupase jagat prakasit — ah bahu gadha Pranayama huya. Humhi ek Purusha haye aur koi nahi — The world has manifested from My Form, now a deep Pranayama has been executed. I only am the Primordial Male Energy, there is none else.

.......On 25th August, He sketched a sun and wrote beside it — Surya Narayana Bhagavan Jagadisvara arvavyapi Hum haye. Ek jyot bhitar malum hota haye yo suryase ata haye suryahi Hum haye. Yo Hum soi woh rupa nirakarka. Yo buddhike pare anantrupa ohi Bhagavan — aur nirmal. Hum hi akshar Purusha. — I am the Soul-Sun, Narayana, Bhagavan, Controller of the Universe, Omnivalent. I am also that Effulgence emanating from the Soul-Sun which I visualized. What is Myself is that Amorphous Form. The vast Kutasthalike Infinite Form beyond the intellect is God Almighty and this is sacrosanct. I am that Imperishable Being. Akshar means imperishable; the soul of a living being becoming attributeless or beyond attributes is inseparable from the infinite soul and merges there, only then can he be termed imperishable."
Purana Purusha,Sri Ashoke Kumar Chatterjee

To make it very clear,Baba was not some self absorbed ego centric,who thought that he is God Almighty and everyone else is petty.This can be seen from his own words,where he is basically telling us that we can achieve what he did.

"Advising His devotees He would further espouse — the soul within you is the soul which pervades all elements. Therefore the soul of all the elements exists within you. There is no difference, thus it is you who becomes the all pervasive soul, Jagannatha (Master of the universe). The moment you specially realize this in Kriya’s transcendental state, you can realize the mental inclinations of everybody and it is then by achieving omniscience you will automatically learn about the attributes and actions of all elements. Then by being Omnipotent all actions can be performed with a non- desirable wish. By this type of profound Kriya, realization of the subtlest of the subtle anu-like self occurs, leading to the removal of pride and a prideless state will be achieved. You are Kutastha, pay reverence to Him, it is repeated again — pay reverence to Him. Do not desist from paying this reverence because you only are Kutasthalike Almighty Soul and you are beyond the five essences, the mind, intellect and selfconceit.
When you become one in Kriya’s transcendental state then you only are the Supreme pervading the universe, without you the world does not exist, thus good, evil and imagination do not exist. If you attain oneness, you are the imperishable and indestructible one, the tranquil pure consciousness and immortal. Then where are your birth, action, propensity and pride?
Therefore by abandoning the divisions of this and the fact that everything is the self, become doubtless positively about this in the transcendental state of Kriya. You are perceiving the world because you are not within yourself, but in Kriya’s transcendental state when you will remain within yourself then you only will become the reality i.e. Jagannatha. Just for once contemplate on the fact that barring you, everything is absent, you are materialistic and non-materialistic because when you concentrate on extraneous matters you are materialistic, again by remaining within yourself or in the transcendental state of Kriya, you are non-materialistic. Everything evolves in this universe in accordance with your volition; in Kriya’s transcendental state after the cessation of desires you will positively know that the universe is a fallacy merely and by obtaining the knowledge that the entire universe is pervaded by Brahma you will attain equilibrium. Then you are neither in bondage nor are liberated and being crowned with success in this manner you will wander in beatitude, this is the maxim of Kriyayoga."

There is piece of advice given by Baba in regard Kriya practice;

...."initially due to lack of practice this yogakarma may be fraught with faults but nevertheless it should not be abandoned, because all actions in the initial stage are fraught with faults. Therefore a specific utterance by Yogiraj could be heard most of the time.He would tell almost everyone — Banat banat ban jaye. — If Atmakarma is regularly practiced,one day you will reach the state beyond all actions, or the source of origin which is the objective and then you will have a communion with the Infinite Soul and realize yourself."

Let us all regularly practice Kriya and with Baba's blessings "reach the state beyond all actions".Hopefully,once when that happens,we will be able to help and serve others,not by giving them a fish but rather teaching them how to catch a fish.Thru Sadhana to more of Satyayuga-like world!

Jai Yogiraj!!

Edited by - Sol Invictus on Sep 25 2014 7:22:16 PM

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2014 :  05:14:51 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2014 :  4:58:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.pvanoyen.nl/wp-content/u...-Mahasya.jpg
Go to Top of Page

Sol Invictus

91 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2014 :  7:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi fellow Kriyabans!

Thanx for input.Holy,seeing the image reminded me to post another one..
BABA'S PHOTO
Resolution is high enough to print.It looks neat and clean on A3!
This photo is one that has been talked about in Purana Purusha and Autobiography of a yogi,one where Baba at first willingly didn't appear on photographic plate
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2014 :  9:03:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
I love how perpetually blazed he was. Completely and totally stoned on bliss. Look at those eyes! Fantastic!
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2014 :  5:10:01 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the high definition photo! I don't know why nowadays in books and internet you find a drawing instead of the original high def. photo which is awesome, even in black and white.
Go to Top of Page

Sol Invictus

91 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2014 :  7:17:29 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hehe Bodhi,yeah,out of space
Here is about his gaze,as you mentioned it;

"Any person seeing His photograph is magnetized by the perfect yogic alignment of His Physical Bearing. Focussing on His gaze makes anyone realize that His gaze is the Intra-Vision making an universal afferent
scrutiny. The eyes are settled in the Sambhavi Mudra."
Purana Purusha,Ashoke Baba

You're welcome,WP.Yeah,for some reason people are having those drawings these days.
I really like it in B&W!Gives a charm of old times to the photo

Here is excerpt,telling us more about the exact event of snapping Baba's photo;

"Yogiraj was averse to the promulgation of His tenets to the insincere. He never wanted anybody to take a photograph of Him. Once His devotees had decided to take a snap of Him and thereby invited Gangadhar De, a skilled photographer and devotee of Yogiraj. After this they prayed for His consent. Yogiraj remarked — “There is no need to take a photograph. If a photograph is taken; then in the future all will abandon sadhana and start worshiping the photograph.”
But the devotees were dogged in their determination. Repeatedly entreating Yogiraj, He finally agreed. All devotees alongwith Gangadhar Babu were elated and made arrangements for the photograph to be taken. By going near the camera, Yogiraj in a childish manner started enquiring about it’s various mechanisms. Gangadhar Babu being inspired, started explaining about the different parts of the camera.Eventually at the time of taking the photograph, Gangadhar Babu was faced with an acute problem. In the viewfinder, the Image of Yogiraj was not being reflected. He thought that there must be some defect in the camera. But on examination, it was found that the images of others were being reflected on the viewfinder. It was now that Gangadhar Babu understood the actual matter. He saw that Yogiraj was smiling mildly. Gangadhar Babu prayed with folded hands now
— “Kindly have mercy, otherwise the photograph cannot be taken and the desire of devotees cannot be fulfilled.”
Yogiraj now gently said — “Take the snap.”
It was now noticed that the Image of Yogiraj was being reflected on the viewfinder.
The photograph which millions of His devotees possess today is the one which Gangadhar De had snapped on that day. Excepting this, no other snap of Yogiraj had been taken."
Jai Yogiraj!

Edited by - Sol Invictus on Sep 28 2014 7:25:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2014 :  7:29:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sol Invictus

In the viewfinder, the Image of Yogiraj was not being reflected. He thought that there must be some defect in the camera. But on examination, it was found that the images of others were being reflected on the viewfinder. It was now that Gangadhar Babu understood the actual matter. He saw that Yogiraj was smiling mildly. Gangadhar Babu prayed with folded hands now
— “Kindly have mercy, otherwise the photograph cannot be taken and the desire of devotees cannot be fulfilled.”
Yogiraj now gently said — “Take the snap.”
It was now noticed that the Image of Yogiraj was being reflected on the viewfinder.
The photograph which millions of His devotees possess today is the one which Gangadhar De had snapped on that day. Excepting this, no other snap of Yogiraj had been taken."
Jai Yogiraj!

Wow, wow, wow. That makes the photograph all the more meaningful. Thank you for sharing that story! Awesome!
Go to Top of Page

Sol Invictus

91 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2014 :  7:04:59 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
You are welcome,Bodhi
I am very enthusiastic about Baba,and always glad when people learn about him and his ways.

BTW,today we have another anniversary!
Today marks 186. anniversary of Baba's birth.He was born on 30. September 1828 in Krishnagar,village Ghurni,District Nadia,West Bengal.
It is notable that West Bengal gave many great Yogis,such as Yogiraj,Sri Panchanan Bhattacharya, Sri Ashoke Kumar Chatterji,Swamiji Hariharananda Giri and so on.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000