Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Kundalini Movement + Samadhi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nyardream

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2014 :  1:51:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi - I'm hoping somebody with some personal experience with this can help me.

I keep waking up in the middle of the night -- half conscious -- feeling the energy rising up my spine to my head. I usually wake myself up before it gets to my head because I read that some people who go into samadhi can't get themselves out of it. Is this true? If I let it raise all the way, what will happen? Any body have some real experience with this?

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2014 :  4:11:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nyardream,

The biggest obstacle to samadhi is fear. Samadhi is not a dangerous state and you can, and will come out of samadhi once you are in it.

As for what will happen when the energy rises to your head? It is hard to say as everyone's matrix of obstructions is different. I would simply let it happen and find out. You may get some kundalini experiences, or maybe nothing very much will happen. Either way you will be fine, and much better off than you would have been worrying about it.

Christi

p.s. Keep us posted on how it goes.
Go to Top of Page

Nyardream

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2014 :  8:36:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi - Thank you very much for this response. Yes... the fear.. it seems like an impossible situation. I don't know how to overcome it.. It feels like I'm losing myself, like I'm dying. I don't know how I'll ever overcome it.. Maybe only by grace.

Thank you
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2014 :  05:36:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nyardream,

It is fine to give in and to surrender to the feelings that you will lose yourself and that you will die. The interesting thing is that you will find that you do not die. Many things will happen, but the most important thing is that you will have let go of some of the fear that is involved in the process of self-contraction. The more you are able to let go of that fear, the more you will enter into a state of grace, and into a state of yoga (union).

Christi
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2014 :  9:45:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
im sure there may be some really really advanced yogis who always have a constant pull up there to samadhi. thats not the case for most of us yet. however there is no reason to think one day if we continue with intense sadhana that we wont be doing things in order to maintain the body
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2014 :  03:33:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Adishivayogi and Nyardream,

Yes, there is a very advanced stage in yoga where a yogi can actively choose to leave the body through samadhi. In these cases it is a deliberate choice that the yogi is making and it takes a great deal of sadhana (spiritual practice) to reach that stage. Yogis sometimes choose this method of dying when they are in the later stages of their life and are no longer able to maintain their body. This is the development of the siddhi to choose the time of death (mahasamadhi). It is certainly not something to be worried about in the early, or even more advanced stages of kundalini awakening.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

NewbieGG

Bulgaria
52 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2014 :  6:43:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nyardream my case is exactly the same as yours I am in dilemma should i post this as replay to you or as new topic.... i dont want to frighten you ... your case might be different but i advice you to read more and prepare your self . However this is the path and it cant be wrong ,i am sure that you and me and all the rest will find the way . Anyway i will open a new topic in the same section so you can read it there it is " Sahasrara kundalini mess "
Go to Top of Page

Nyardream

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2015 :  2:37:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's been awhile since I posted this, so I thought I'd give an update. After a few months I finally got over the fear (I think). I assumed it was the fear that was holding back the energy from entering my head, but I don't think that's the case. It's very strange, but it seems to rise from the base of the spine and then get "stuck" at the back of my neck.. it does enter the head to some extent, but it doesn't feel like the same energy that's in the spine.. it's a different type of vibration...not as strong. This stuff is mind-boggling.. I can't make any sense of it, and yet "it" --whatever it is, seems to know what it's doing.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2015 :  3:39:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nyardam,
I can relate, for a long time there was the blockage in the back of the neck, scull. There was to much pressure then for the practice of SB. Later there came the soft vibrations entering the head, unexpectedly, during relaxing, in the night, or with waking up.

Later the vibrations became stronger, and more divided in the different parts of the head. It is a magnetic and beautiful experience. It happens when it is the right time I guess. It sure knows what it is doing. It happens. Just be the witness. There is a PDF book posted on Illuminated poetry by psysaucer, Krishnamurti's Notebook.
I haven't finished but he describes it very detailed.

Happy journey

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2015 :  07:09:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello, Nyardream, glad to know you're still with us!

quote:
This stuff is mind-boggling.. I can't make any sense of it, and yet "it" --whatever it is, seems to know what it's doing.

It is a comfort to me not having to make all the decisions guiding energy, that there is an intelligence "built into" kundalini attending to my personal purification so that all I have to do is honor my practice and progress will be there. This keeps the Ego from wrestling away the steering wheel and carjacking my vehicle

Edited by - Dogboy on Sep 05 2015 07:12:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2015 :  2:06:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
Christi is correct, surrender is the easiest way and there is nothing to fear. By fighting it you can cause problems.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2015 :  1:45:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is one of the first knots to open called the Rudra Granthi later when you are ready for more prana to flow into the head / upper centers Kechari will come to you.

This will be when you will are ready for more.... it is happening already by what you share and will continue to do so according to your unique time table.

After this knot the next knot to open will be the heart. These can take years to open or happen swiftly it is all very individually unique as to when but it does follow a pattern Head, Heart, Base of spine.

This is called the pre-reverse order.

In order from bottom to top

Brahma Granthi: First knot. It is the lowest knot covering the area of muladhara & svadhisthana chakras.

Vishnu Granthi: Second knot. It covers the area between manipura, anahata & vishuddhi chakras. It is also known as the navel knot some traditions teach there are 4 knots or Granthis and specific techniques like Navi Kriya to open this knot. Later they teach specific techniques for working directly on the heart center. As you can imagine with three centers making up 1 knot this is a big one to work through.

Rudra Granthi: Third knot. It covers the areas of Ajna & Sahasrara chakras. This begins by being felt at the base of the skull.

These three knots prevent the free flow of prana along chakras & prevent the arising of full kundalini.

What many think is Kundalini is not in fact Kundalini but Prana.

The movement of prana cutting these knots has psychological and physical reverberations.

People think they are having Kundalini problems when they are not. The problems are still valid but it is not Kundalini.

This is also known as purification.

These knots are in place to safeguard one until they are truly ready and being truly ready for Kundalini to really rise is rare.

In AYP the process is not targeted as in other systems in a systematic way it is just allowed to happen.

In certain traditions observing the natural order of opening specific techniques have been developed to open or cut the knots in a specific applied manner, in a specific order.

Hopes this answers your question concerning what you are currently experiencing.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyardream

It's been awhile since I posted this, so I thought I'd give an update. After a few months I finally got over the fear (I think). I assumed it was the fear that was holding back the energy from entering my head, but I don't think that's the case. It's very strange, but it seems to rise from the base of the spine and then get "stuck" at the back of my neck.. it does enter the head to some extent, but it doesn't feel like the same energy that's in the spine.. it's a different type of vibration...not as strong. This stuff is mind-boggling.. I can't make any sense of it, and yet "it" --whatever it is, seems to know what it's doing.

Go to Top of Page

Nyardream

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  5:09:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the information So-Hi. Although, it still seems like it jumps around a bit.. some nights I'll wake up in the middle of the night and my heart area has bad pains.. sometimes it's at the base of my spine, and sometimes it's at the base of the head. This has been going on for like 4 years.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2015 :  5:14:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AYP teaches a practice called Mahamudra and Yoga Mudra if you take these up I think they will help your openings be less troublesome.

If you join the plus site for $10.00 you can read the book on Asanas Mudras and Bandhas for free it describes the practices. Otherwise you can buy the book but the plus site is a better value and Dogboy Yogani and I took this topic allot further there. Lots of good stuff going on, on the plus site.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyardream

Thanks for the information So-Hi. Although, it still seems like it jumps around a bit.. some nights I'll wake up in the middle of the night and my heart area has bad pains.. sometimes it's at the base of my spine, and sometimes it's at the base of the head. This has been going on for like 4 years.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000