Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 2 questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the man

Israel
21 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2014 :  09:15:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hi

i sit down and look down about point in floor with Open Eyes because it is hard for me with my eyes closed
i breath so - Aspiration .... Exhale ... i say my Auto-suggestion - my thinking is positive thinking
i do ten breatings or little more
after it i sit down 2 min or more without anything
i do this Twice a day

2 question

first question
Is it considered meditation of AYP
?

second question
Does it contribute to self-confidence, relaxation, social skills and to remove my tensions
?

please replay to 2 my questions so

1. answer
2. answer

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2014 :  09:40:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by the man

hi

i sit down and look down about point in floor with Open Eyes because it is hard for me with my eyes closed
i breath so - Aspiration .... Exhale ... i say my Auto-suggestion - my thinking is positive thinking
i do this Twice a day

2 question

first question
Is it considered meditation of AYP
?

second question
Does it contribute to self-confidence, relaxation, social skills and to remove my tensions
?

The Man--

No, this is not the AYP method.

You will need to judge for yourself what the results are in your life.

It sounds like a fine method to me, but I have not tried it. I wish you all the best in your practice.

Namaste,

Go to Top of Page

the man

Israel
21 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2014 :  10:01:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi bewell

thanks about answer

second thing

i breath so - Aspiration .... Exhale
i do this Twice a day

3 question

first question
Is it considered meditation ?

second question
Is it considered meditation of AYP ?

third question
?

Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2014 :  11:11:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
First answer is Yes. It looks like you are starting with breath. It may or may not be long enough to have an effect for you. The second part seems to be a Mindful meditation.

I would say it is a little short. If 2 mins is all you have then try to do this 10 times a day and see how that effects you. Most people it takes 10 mins just to get the brain to quite down. But the awareness watching awareness method can be powerful if done in short doses multiple times a day.

Second questions. Nope not at all. This is AYP meditation. http://www.aypsite.org/13.html

Third quesions: It can but it might take awhile longer if all you are doing is 2 mins once a day. You can always quench your thrist one drop at a time. I prefer a nice full cup.

I hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2014 :  12:11:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
1. If what you are doing is focusing on the meaning of the self-suggestion script, that is not meditation, it's a self-suggestion exercise.
2. It depends how good the self-suggestion script is. A good script will help you improve whatever issue it's focused on.

If you want to know more about meditation, then follow the link Jonesboy has posted above.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000