Enlightenment Milestones
 Bird Island
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2014 :  03:41:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I spent last week with my partner on this magical island called Bird Island because of the millions of sea birds that live there. The island is part of the Seychelles archipelago and really tiny (you can walk around it in one and half hour) and is totally off the grid - no comms, no TV, no traffic. All you can hear all day and all night is the constant cries of the birds and the ocean surf. We had quite a few amazing moments in the surreal beauty of that place. One particular experience is what I really want to share with you.

During a meditation session one night, I noticed my root chakra start to pump sand up my central channel and dissipating it over my body. Sitting at medulla and looking at the third eye, it too started pouring sand down the central channel. I rapidly filled up with sand and for a moment couldn't see anything. Then I sort of move my sight above the sand and saw that I was on the bed of the ocean. Clear water above me, all around me, sunlight dancing on the surface of the water, pieces of coral lying around. I was just Awareness as part of the ocean. The mantra went on in the background. I moved to the sutras at some point without losing this experience. I completed the session that way.
The question I am asking is - Is this a glimpse of Oneness or is it that I unconsciously projected my Awareness onto the ocean bed? Is there a way of telling?

Curious

Sey

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2014 :  03:50:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Or having spend so much time in and out of the sea that day, I went into a vivid memory.
In any case it was pretty cool.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2014 :  09:41:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps you projected your Awareness onto the ocean bed and had a glimpse of the Oneness...
Sounds like breathtaking scenery inside and out.
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2014 :  2:48:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Sey,

That's very lovely. It's a touching moment you've shared with us. Thanks

I'm not sure there is any way of determining a steadfast way of telling whether it was projection or reception, dissolution or construction. We can tell the story in either fashion. I'm not saying story is unimportant or unreal, but really, narrative can do whatever it wants with human experience.

Sounds like good meditation!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2014 :  3:59:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It sounds as if you took a dip in the subconscious, as well as the ocean ! If you are capable of dream states in sleep, it's possible it can happen when awake, especially since you were inward anyway! Let it melt away like a mint, enjoying it while it lingers in your senses!
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2014 :  06:24:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2014 :  07:31:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear, SeySorciere nothing that exists is unreal, you have questioned is it this, or is it that and is there a way of telling.

You already know the answer but I will tell it so you know, you know, & someone else sees it also, independent coroberation is nice.

So in that spirit I tell you the answer is all of the reasons you came up with and even more subtle things. Enjoy this, enjoy your partner what you have is very special.
Go to Top of Page

Zanyan

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2014 :  4:03:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Enjoyment of your direct pointing, Experientialknowing.

SeySorciere, here are two questions which arose while reading your beautiful story:

What happens to the Ocean of Awareness when the shadow of doubt is cast upon it?

What happens to the actual ocean if a shadow of a cloud is cast upon it?
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2014 :  9:01:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Sey!

This is beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2014 :  10:33:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think you are seeing yourself...you, who are a boundless ocean of beauty.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2014 :  06:47:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you friends

Sey

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000