Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Lost my practice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gigikay123

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2014 :  9:19:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,
I was an active yogi and meditator around 5 years ago. I was able to reach levels I never expected and found a great inner peace and happiness.

Since then, life occurred, and I lost my practice.

I yearn for it and practice yoga and meditation but to never pick up where i left off.

I am frustrated, I know what I can achieve, which makes it all the more frustrating.

Please help.

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2014 :  06:47:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I think I saw it with your car keys...

It's not lost really, it's hiding in all the yearning and frustration. You had a taste of the pie and you want another bite. Time to make a new pie. Start here (http://www.aypsite.org/10.html) and see where it leads you.

And take your time, be methodical! No sense in digesting a raw pie!

Welcome Gigikay!

Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2014 :  09:06:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gigikay123, welcome!

Life certainly had a good reason for letting you stop/loose your practice. Maybe you were just getting attached to your practice, which may have become dangerous for you so taking a break may have been a good thing. Now you can restart and take it easier, which on the long run leads to better results. Of course, just skip my advice if you consider it wrong - it's just my own projection based on my own experience, not yours.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2014 :  11:27:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Gigikay123
What do you mean by "never pick up where I left off"? What seems to be the problem?
Go to Top of Page

Gigikay123

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2014 :  12:07:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Blue raincoat - I believed I reach enlightment at
One time. Time seemed slower, music was heard differently and every momment was
Blissful.

I lost that concentration. But you guys are
Right.. I need to start over... And it's ok
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2014 :  12:30:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Gigikay123

Hello,
I was an active yogi and meditator around 5 years ago. I was able to reach levels I never expected and found a great inner peace and happiness.

I yearn for it and practice yoga and meditation but to never pick up where i left off.

I am frustrated, I know what I can achieve, which makes it all the more frustrating.

Please help.

Hi Gigikay

Found it necessary to substantially reduce content of previous post. It probably isn't all that helpful, so would have been better to refrain from commenting altogether ... the concise version follows.

In my experience, there is nothing to achieve. The reason for that is b/c enlightenment, liberation ... whatever one calls it ... is more of a being than a doing. It is our true nature/ state, and must be uncovered. Once it has been glimpsed, even for a split second, there is nothing left to do, achieve or accomplish. At this point, "doings" (aimed at securing enlightenment) will perhaps gradually begin to lose their effectiveness. All that remains ... is to be the pure awareness that one has glimpsed (the true Self). This stabilization process takes time and if patience hasn't been cultivated, it can be very frustrating. Techniques and practices designed to cultivate inner silence will continually redirect the attention to that pure awareness, and assist in its stabilization. It may then be recognized that what one has been longing for - is something one already is. Eventually one comes to a state of effortlessly living the authentic life for which one has been longing <- That, I believe, is Self-realization.

Welcome to the forum, it is hoped that you will return with an update on your situation

love
parvati

edit/ content reduction

Edited by - parvati9 on Sep 15 2014 11:02:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

SuperTrouper

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2015 :  01:42:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would recommend just going back to the practices, starting slow, and build your practice as you are able to without overdoing it. Deep states of meditation are tenuous, delicate, and require a lot of energy and momentum built from a strong history of regular practices to achieve. And in that respect, like all states of meditation, they are impermanent, and so it is better to simply focus on deepening your regular practice as the goal than to attain to deep states, which come and go as natural aspects of the cause and effect of practice.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000