Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Bindu purification and vasanas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2014 :  10:06:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi friends,

I've been practicing AYP twice daily for nearly 4 and half years now, mainly SBP+DM+Samyama. I'd like to check with you my recent experience, any input is welcome.

1. About a few weeks back, during meditation I had a very tangible cool current (yes a bit like snake, just didn't meander) appeared from Manipura going up, then disappeared before reaching the heart chakra.

2.A week ago, I read Yogananda's Kriya lessons. It didn't change my SBP (they are basically the same, but SBP is more streamlined and "modern"), but just somehow heightened my performance of it, and its enhancements. after one day or so, I started to feel big ecstatic waves in my head, especially the top back of my head; felt warm energy moving in my 2nd and 3rd chakras. In resting period, my legs also felt ecstatic energy, and moved automatically with it.

3. For the past few days, there've been various forms of vasanas being stimulated, including age-old attachment to VIP figures in my life, to money, and a sudden increase (purely) sexual attraction s, the mind's habit of hesitating appeared too, old songs and new kept playing, and sometimes I just felt it's just not smooth, it's just not right. Fortunately I could feel a little bit of silent screen behind, but still all these together is not enjoyable at all.

4. I've cut back my practice by half. From 8+20+5 to 3+15 only (took off samyama). The ecstatic waves reduced, but head/bindu sensations is still here almost during all my waking time. In my resting time, still felt drawn to a hole at top of my head. I tried to focus on my feet to counteract it.

My questions are:

1.Are these vasanas results of purifying the bindu chakra? It looks like form the location.
2.Should I be with these vasanas, doing self-inquiry on them, or using samyama to release them, or will these further overload me?
3. Should I just stop trying to manage this situation, and just surrender? I know I'm still "waiting" for it to pass, or trying to get rid of it soon.

I've been doing grounding activities, too.

Any advice, suggestion, sharing of your experience is appreciated!

Thanks!

Phil

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2014 :  08:47:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Phil

How are you getting on? Are you feeling more stable after cutting back on practices?

quote:
Originally posted by Pheel

2.Should I be with these vasanas, doing self-inquiry on them, or using samyama to release them, or will these further overload me?

I think you have an opportunity here to understand yourself better and reflecting on these vasanas between sitting pactices if you have the time. Personally I wouldn't do it during sitting practices (i.e. dedicating samyama time to them). One could also take the view they are scenery and they will pass as you continue your customary practices.

quote:
Originally posted by Pheel

3. Should I just stop trying to manage this situation, and just surrender? I know I'm still "waiting" for it to pass, or trying to get rid of it soon.

Surrender seems a better attitude than 'getting rid of'. Of course the surrendering attitude needs to be balanced with adjusting your practice time and making sure you stay comfortable. At the end of the day you are the only one who can decide what you surrender to. Just to give an example, I think I'm pretty good at surrendering in general, but I also remember a couple of occasion when I felt drawn into a strong vortex of energy and I pulled back. I wouldn't blame myself for not surrendering to that since my gut feeling at the time was that it wouldn't be safe to go with it.

I will not attempt an answer to your first question as I believe that linking symptoms to chakras is rather speculative. The body/mind is hugely complicated, often several levels/chakras are involved. I do like Yogani's approach on focusing on overall cleansing without trying to micromanage. Others may have different views and I'll leave it to them to answer your first question.

In any case, you seem to be managing very well, cutting back the practice time and doing grounding activities. I hope you are seeing more stability as a result of that.

One more thought: since it is the SBP that you have dramatically enhanced after reading Yogananda's lessons, would it perhaps make sense to cut back more drastically on SBP - to one minute or even less (i.e. just counting breadths) and very gradually building back again over the next few months?

I hope things go back to being smooth and enjoyable again.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2014 :  08:03:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Blue Raincoat,

Thank you so much for your kind suggestions! Really appreciate that. It became very clear and nice after a couple of days, after I got some help from Shanti. So it's been all good since then...

Love

Phil
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2014 :  06:54:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Phil
Glad you sorted it out. And pretty quickly too.
Would you mind telling us what you did? Sounds like we could learn something useful from it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000