Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 how to fit in second session in my crazy schedule?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George27

Netherlands
13 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2014 :  4:27:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
My life is pretty chaotic and thats fine, but how to fit in my second session? Whats the minimum time between practice and sleep in the evening? Yogani said thats its better not to practice then to practice right before going to bed....

Tnx

Chaz

USA
129 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2014 :  5:43:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My understanding of Yogani's advice on the matter was that it's better to meditate before bed than to not meditate at all. Generally I would have to agree, unless one is experiencing overload symptoms or practices are interfering with restful sleep. But for someone with a busy schedule I think meditation before bed is a good compromise. Maybe others will offer their input.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2014 :  7:51:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I second Chaz's response. By meditating before bed you miss out on taking the inner silence experience into daily activity, and the late hour (being tired) could make it less effective. Two a day still trumps one a day.

Over time, as you become accustomed to the practice, you may find it easier to enter DM and then you can 'steal' a quick meditation while riding in a taxi or waiting to board a plane, for instance.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2014 :  11:52:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have meditated before bed for over a year. You still get a lot of the benefits and it is much better than once a day. That second one in the evening can be a real nice kicker

What do you miss? Again the beauty of the effects during the day. If you can't fit it in then do it before bed. The only worry is if you have trouble sleeping, I find it knocks me out and I sleep really good. Add in a little cosmic samyama and enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

George27

Netherlands
13 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2014 :  12:20:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for the reply,
I guess no more excuses for my second session then, even right before I go to bed if thats the case.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000