Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Kriyas/forehead blockage in samadhi meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cmsp

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2014 :  07:57:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

I've been meditating for almost 10 years now. A few weeks ago I stumbled upon the AYPsite and think it might be a good place to find some help for my questions.

I've been experiencing kriyas/involuntary muscle movements since about the end of last october. Mainly facial kriyas and muscle contraction often moving from the forehead/third eye down to my neck. But also contractions in my arms and seldomly in my upper body. As my meditation (awareness of breath) becomes deeper I more and more experience this as a blockage.

In yesterday's meditation I arrived in some pretty stable and mindful state and from there intentionally let go of any striving. Then something strange happened. It felt like my mind was sucked in deeper through my eyes and forehead into the space in front of me. This was accompanied by a tension and contraction of my forehead and eye musculature. It feels like this contraction is holding me back from some opening/more profound experience. Or like something would like to get out through my forehead. It sometimes feels like a pressing movement. Still, after each of theses shifts and contractions I'm left a little bit more calm and focused.

My intuition says I should work on opening the third eye chakra. But I'm not sure if that is the right way to go as I am no yoga or kundalini expert.

I would love to hear your take on this and what would be a wise next thing to do.

Thanks very much!

Edited by - cmsp on Aug 25 2014 08:15:58 AM

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2014 :  11:10:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi cmsp, welcome!

I am not an expert, but in the AYP approach what you describe is considered scenery one should not worry or even care about.

As long as your experience is comfortable during practices AND during daily life, just don't worry about those sceneries.

By the way, I experienced similar things as you in the first weeks of AYP, but things have become smoother now, which in my also had to do with learning not to care about those strange tensions and movements and just trust the practices.

Hope you will receive some advice from more experienced people here.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2014 :  12:51:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it is your third eye starting to activate. There are practices to help it along like the Yoni Mudra kumbaka
http://www.aypsite.org/91.html

But I would not recommend that you start of with something as advanced as that. You need to be stable in other practices first like a simple Spinal Breathing pranayama found here

http://www.aypsite.org/41.html

Good luck in your practices

Sey
Go to Top of Page

cmsp

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2014 :  02:37:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks both for your answer.

@Ecdyonurus: Yes, that's what I suspected to be a way to go. Just let these things happen on their own without me trying to change them.
Thanks for the helpful advice!

@SeySorciere: Thanks for the links. I already did some spinal breathing for a few weeks but stopped it as I was a little bit impatient with the obvious lack of benefits. I know all this techniques are acting on a more subtle level. So I will probably try it again.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2014 :  3:06:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi cmsp
Welcome to the AYP forum!

Important that you keep up the meditation. This is a phase and it will pass. As Yogani would say, just easily favour the object of meditation (the breath in your case). If the contraction pulls your attention away from the breadth, let the awareness be with that sensation till it eases off.

Smooth practice and steady progress

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Sep 03 2014 4:55:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2014 :  8:27:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
This was accompanied by a tension and contraction of my forehead and eye musculature. It feels like this contraction is holding me back from some opening/more profound experience. Or like something would like to get out through my forehead. It sometimes feels like a pressing movement. Still, after each of theses shifts and contractions I'm left a little bit more calm and focused.

The third eye activated early for me in the AYP approach. As Blue says, gently rest attention on it and observe; having survived that, then surrender and it is less than it was. If it intensifies you can always back off, you control the governor. Sensations, openings, kriyas, change minute to minute, session to session. This will be comfortable and other sensations will take its place. The variety and progress keeps us moving along!

Welcome! Sounds as if you're doing well!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000